Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 12:29 PM

585 posts, read 495,870 times

Advertisements

My sisters in laws won’t let anyone in their houses unless they are vaccinated. Her sister in law is having a baby shower and everyone attending has to be vaccinated. She didn’t plan on getting it yet but is going to to make them happy. My question is, if they are all vaccinated why does it matter if she isn’t yet? Also this past summer she had many people in her house and nobody wore a mask. Now everyone needs to be vaccinated?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2021, 12:31 PM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,337,220 times
Show me your papers! Just like the Nazis.

Old 04-20-2021, 12:31 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Because maybe other people think they shouldnt be the only ones working to protect folks.

Also-Its probabilities. if the vaccine was 100% then yeah-I dont think most folks would care. but its not. if its 95% that means a 1 in 20. and if both folks are vaccinated it drops to 1 in 400.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
Show me your papers! Just like the Nazis.
uh huh. sure. and also just like the US during multiple disease events in the past. Any other nonsense?

Old 04-20-2021, 12:36 PM

85 posts, read 32,119 times
Because some people really believe this is the big one ~ I'm not going to get that untested juice shot into my body, I know people who feel the same way and others who won't have anyone in their house till Big Brother says it OK ```

Old 04-20-2021, 12:37 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
My sisters in laws won’t let anyone in their houses unless they are vaccinated. Her sister in law is having a baby shower and everyone attending has to be vaccinated. She didn’t plan on getting it yet but is going to to make them happy. My question is, if they are all vaccinated why does it matter if she isn’t yet? Also this past summer she had many people in her house and nobody wore a mask. Now everyone needs to be vaccinated?
Because people have lost their minds.

Old 04-20-2021, 12:38 PM

35 posts, read 11,047 times
Because vaccinated folks can still be carriers. The vaccine protects from the infection becoming severe.

Old 04-20-2021, 12:41 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:

These aren't any official guidelines or anything. Why don' t you have this discussion with your sisters in law.

Old 04-20-2021, 12:44 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,968,029 times
Quote:
This virus has caused many people to throw logic and understanding of macro statistics out the window.

People have simply gone mad.

Old 04-20-2021, 12:47 PM

3,989 posts, read 6,579,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
This virus has caused many people to throw logic and understanding of macro statistics out the window.

People have simply gone mad.
Yes, particularly the ones who freak out over putting a piece of cloth over their faces, call others sheep when they don't agree with a differing viewpoint and compare a worldwide pandemic to Nazi Germany. People have definitely gone mad.

Old 04-20-2021, 12:51 PM

17,428 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Because people have lost their minds.
This. ^

It's just a different take on ... "my mask doesn't protect me, it protects YOU."

"My vaccine doesn't protect me, it protects YOU."

Same crap, different day, same amount of ridiculousness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies