Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 01:12 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Covid is not a disease. It is a virus similar to influenza. We have dealt with influenza for a very long time and have not fell prey to any of this nonsense.
Sorry, infection. however you are truly mistaken, our first passports for this sort of thing was in the 1800's here in the us. Smallpox I believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2021, 01:16 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperLongHorse View Post
Because vaccinated folks can still be carriers. The vaccine protects from the infection becoming severe.
In the 13-18% of infected people who have severe symptoms? So your reasoning is the vaccine is to reduce the severity of symptoms if one does get Covid. So why does one worry if others are vaccinated?

The mask is to protects others, not yourself
The vaccine is to protect you, not others

Old 04-20-2021, 01:19 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,922,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
This. ^

It's just a different take on ... "my mask doesn't protect me, it protects YOU."

"My vaccine doesn't protect me, it protects YOU."

Same crap, different day, same amount of ridiculousness.
I know more people who got covid while wearing their masks. I’ve been exposed twice and didn’t get sick even though I wasn’t wearing a mask. The cloth majority of us wear isn’t really that effective except to make us feel better. Better to not get to close, wash hands, take vitamin C,D and Zinc. Build up your immune system, I haven’t even had a cold this season.

Old 04-20-2021, 01:22 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
I know more people who got covid while wearing their masks. I’ve been exposed twice and didn’t get sick even though I wasn’t wearing a mask. The cloth majority of us wear isn’t really that effective except to make us feel better. Better to not get to close, wash hands, take vitamin C,D and Zinc. Build up your immune system, I haven’t even had a cold this season.
you do know masks protect others more then you.....right?

Old 04-20-2021, 01:23 PM

424 posts, read 175,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
Bill Maher attempts to answer your question in this video. Hes a comedian and its HBO, so its a little crass at times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp3gy_CLXho

-Compared to other countries, our MSM went all negative, even as things got better
-Many people are wildly off in their understanding of covid and hospitalizations

The UK eliminated 96% of their covid death by vaccinating the high risk with 1 shot, why should anyone else be taking any risk? Already there are stories out where babies are coincidentally dying after the vax. - link
This fictional baby died on March 3, but Pfizer didn't start their trials in young children until March 25. So how could she have died from the vaccine?

Old 04-20-2021, 01:25 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Sorry, infection. however you are truly mistaken, our first passports for this sort of thing was in the 1800's here in the us. Smallpox I believe.
So you are saying Covid is more like smallpox than influenza.

Old 04-20-2021, 01:25 PM

3,989 posts, read 6,579,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXBtoFL View Post
I laughed - that was a very loaded response. Too loaded.

There is a part of me that thinks people who say it's NBD to wear a piece of cloth over their face are deliberately obtuse. In my case it's distinctively uncomfortable and alien. And I feel sorry for several relatives who are profoundly deaf and rely extensively on lip reading - they've lost so much public social interaction ever since the pandemic broke out and yet receive no sympathy.

As it is, mask wearing around me is rapidly declining and I live in a staunchly blue area. It's becoming more interesting to see who is still wearing masks in public.
Actually, obtuse I would say are the people who have failed to realize that "this too shall pass". This pandemic is a blip in time. It may go on longer than we think, it may not. Who the heck knows. My point is people have wasted loads of energy whining about wearing a mask (maybe mostly on here??). Don't Tread On Me. Limited government. I get it. See the 1918 pandemic - different generation, same whining. That one passed as well and life moved on.

I don't like wearing one either and will likely have a mask burning party when the mandate in CT is lifted, but am I going to complain about it? No. I have better things to worry about and if it gives others comfort for me to toss a mask over my mug when I am out and about, I don't have an issue with it.

Old 04-20-2021, 01:33 PM

43,137 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So you are saying Covid is more like smallpox than influenza.
As bad as the Black Plague. Now you know why people are so scared. They do not see this as a virus similar to influenza.

Old 04-20-2021, 01:49 PM

17,427 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
I know I've said this a couple of times in this forum but ...

My kid bathes in sanitizer, double masks and social distances like a champ. Covid positive.

I pretty much lick the subway and haven't gotten covid.

I think there is a large portion of our population who's naturally immune ... I've also posted this article at least once:

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...-from-covid-19

Quote:
But while the world has been preoccupied with antibodies, researchers have started to realise that there might be another form of immunity – one which, in some cases, has been lurking undetected in the body for years. An enigmatic type of white blood cell is gaining prominence. And though it hasn’t previously featured heavily in the public consciousness, it may well prove to be crucial in our fight against Covid-19. This could be the T cell’s big moment.

Old 04-20-2021, 01:50 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
My sisters in laws won’t let anyone in their houses unless they are vaccinated. Her sister in law is having a baby shower and everyone attending has to be vaccinated. She didn’t plan on getting it yet but is going to to make them happy. My question is, if they are all vaccinated why does it matter if she isn’t yet? Also this past summer she had many people in her house and nobody wore a mask. Now everyone needs to be vaccinated?
Not trying to argue with you, but it is her house, so it is her rule. I don't see anything wrong with her decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies