Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 03:52 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,998,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
My sisters in laws won’t let anyone in their houses unless they are vaccinated. Her sister in law is having a baby shower and everyone attending has to be vaccinated. She didn’t plan on getting it yet but is going to to make them happy. My question is, if they are all vaccinated why does it matter if she isn’t yet? Also this past summer she had many people in her house and nobody wore a mask. Now everyone needs to be vaccinated?

You have the freedom to not get vaccinated and I have the freedom to not be around people who are not vaccinated. That is a basic reason governments exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2021, 08:02 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,516,516 times
Things are getting real now. Shunning people must not be working fast enough. Gotta love this NYT click bait title. LOL Though maybe I shouldn't laugh, who knows what is coming next.

Nation Faces ‘Hand-to-Hand Combat’ to Get Reluctant Americans Vaccinated

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/na...?ocid=msedgntp

Old 04-21-2021, 08:12 PM

513 posts, read 582,345 times
A substantial cohort of the population will never vaccinate no matter what. This is one of the reasons why we're going to be masking and social distancing forever.

Old 04-21-2021, 08:24 PM

18,874 posts, read 8,527,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
A substantial cohort of the population will never vaccinate no matter what. This is one of the reasons why we're going to be masking and social distancing forever.
IMO if the vast majority of high risk people are vaccinated, we should be good enough to get things down low enough to be fairly normal, aside from any obvious outbreak areas. A potential problem could be a new variant that is either more virulent or bypasses our current vaccines. And that is a major reason why we want as many as possible to be vaccinated. To help reduce the size of the active viral pool.

Old 04-21-2021, 08:43 PM

3,302 posts, read 1,778,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
More new data showing new infections are falling among the elderly. Now we have more and more data showing that many countries third wave or no third wave, B.1.1.7 or no B.1.1.7 (and there’s lots of P1 in Chile, too), the vaccines are reducing infections, reducing hospitalizations and reducing deaths

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EzgSnzzW...name=4096x4096
The vaccine's working. Finally some sanity.

Ted Nugent previously had called the virus "A scam" and hadn't taken it seriously as many do, he was recently in the news, briefly. He had recently gotten over Covid and it had almost killed him (his words). Believe what you want. Comparing any of this to Nazi Germany is over the top ignorant.

Old 04-22-2021, 06:35 AM

36,709 posts, read 31,000,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
The numbers were quoted from the article and the studies I linked. You can view them there for your reading pleasure. Each study should specify where they got their data. For example in the last one it says: Enrollment in this longitudinal study started in July 2020 and included health care personnel, first responders, and other essential and frontline workers who provided written consent.

You know if you actually read the links all your questions would probably be answered.
The point was that I didnt want to read through 6 individual research papers. I assume you had already and would or could give me the cliff notes so I could determine if I had the interest to actually read them myself. I have found often on CD that posters quote an article that mentions a study from another media source article and after you back track X number of times you can read the actual study and it is some crap model with no conclusive data.
Its now apparent you are just pasting words from the article and did not actually read the studies.

Old 04-22-2021, 06:44 AM

36,709 posts, read 31,000,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
The word "Covid" is literally an acronym for "Coronavirus Disease". It is a disease.

The virus that causes the disease is the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/art-20490351
Lets split hairs.

Old 04-22-2021, 06:46 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,982,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
Well, no that's a false claim.

If you don't want to wear a mask, don't.

If you don't want to social distance, don't.

It's up to YOU to decide what YOU want to do.

Or do you speak for 349,999,999 other people?

Old 04-22-2021, 06:53 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,415,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
The point was that I didnt want to read through 6 individual research papers. I assume you had already and would or could give me the cliff notes so I could determine if I had the interest to actually read them myself. I have found often on CD that posters quote an article that mentions a study from another media source article and after you back track X number of times you can read the actual study and it is some crap model with no conclusive data.
Its now apparent you are just pasting words from the article and did not actually read the studies.
LOL, and you want me to do the reading for you? That's hilarious. The cliff notes were in the article I linked in the first post and each study has this little section called a conclusion that takes 1 minute to read.

I read the article and the studies, it's not my job to explain it to you when the information is there that takes 2 seconds to understand.

Now if you have issues with the study why don't you point out exactly what the issue with the study is? What is it missing? How is the methodology wrong?

Old 04-23-2021, 02:43 PM

6,131 posts, read 8,005,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Lets split hairs.
I'm not splitting anything. I'm countering misinformation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies