Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 05:47 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,808,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Can be as simple as not wanting to invite wack-a-doodle conspiracy theorists into your home. I might humor a conversation with a flat earther at a bar. But I'm not inviting them over. Same for anti-vaxxers.

Not sure why the OP would want to be invited over to see someone who doesn't respect your right to make your own medical decisions.

Of course I don't know the OP's story and I find the whole vaccines cause autism to be BS but I gather a lot of pro vax people are just as unreasonable as the bad anti vaxxers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2021, 06:48 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I mean I can try but if it's a mandate it's going to be difficult to get around it. To be far sometimes they try to get you to do what they believe in because they are concerned for you. However the assumptions that everyone is like them is incredulous.

Hopefully that word almost is in reference to me or people like me.
Except nobody said anything about a mandate.

To be fair, they think they know better than others and want everyone to do as they do.

Except there’s no assumption that everyone is like them, however, they want folks to be like them.

Old 04-20-2021, 06:59 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
A major reason we want everyone immune to Covid 19 in the world is to help reduce the viral pool size. The more active virus out there, the more apt over time we will find mutations that are either more virulent, or can bypass our current vaccines.

Old 04-20-2021, 07:00 PM

3,356 posts, read 1,232,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethrak View Post
Because some people really believe this is the big one ~ I'm not going to get that untested juice shot into my body, I know people who feel the same way and others who won't have anyone in their house till Big Brother says it OK ```
Isn’t there a thread in this board that vaccine-hater Ted Nugent came down with Covid.

Old 04-21-2021, 06:17 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
This...vaccines prevent death and hospitalization. Wish we could've vaccinated the almost 600K dead Americans that couldn't get it in time.
There is no proof it prevents death and hospitalization. Its been out how long now? An emergency, basically experimental vaccine that the developers and "experts" dont know anything definitive about yet except maybe it lessens the symptoms. They tell the public that they dont even know if it prevents one from getting the virus or spreading the virus thus it is necessary to continue masking and distancing. They dont know how long the immunity last, if one is even immune, how many vaccines are required. There have even been such issues with some of the vaccines they are "resting" them.
Now you declare to us that this vaccine prevents death and hospitalization. Care to post a link to your paper from the extensive studies you have conducted proving your hypothesis?

Old 04-21-2021, 07:59 AM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Isn’t there a thread in this board that vaccine-hater Ted Nugent came down with Covid.
He did, and now knows why we didn't quarantine for Covids #1-18!

Old 04-21-2021, 08:02 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
My sisters in laws won’t let anyone in their houses unless they are vaccinated. Her sister in law is having a baby shower and everyone attending has to be vaccinated. She didn’t plan on getting it yet but is going to to make them happy. My question is, if they are all vaccinated why does it matter if she isn’t yet? Also this past summer she had many people in her house and nobody wore a mask. Now everyone needs to be vaccinated?
We are going to never reach herd immunity and have some Covid restrictions permanently likely, since the fundamentalist Christians refuse to get the vaccine, believing it to be at worst the mark of the beast but at least extreme government overreach.

Weird thing is, Southern Baptists have never been strongly anti-vax until Covid. Why now?

Old 04-21-2021, 08:04 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,751,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
He did, and now knows why we didn't quarantine for Covids #1-18!
I honestly believe Nugent thinks THAT'S where the "19" comes from.

Because he's a stupid, stupid man.

Old 04-21-2021, 08:04 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,112,029 times
Why the hell are conservatives so resistant to health?

Old 04-21-2021, 08:05 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,751,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
We are going to never reach herd immunity and have some Covid restrictions permanently likely, since the fundamentalist Christians refuse to get the vaccine, believing it to be at worst the mark of the beast but at least extreme government overreach.

Weird thing is, Southern Baptists have never been strongly anti-vax until Covid. Why now?
Because Trump put that thought in their heads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies