Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 09:46 AM

18,805 posts, read 8,479,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
The unvaccinated can help spread mutations. I suppose we could quarantine the unvaccinated if they get ill. That is in keeping with what was done in the early Republic under Presidents Washington and Adams when each signed quarantine legislation (An Act Relative to Quarantine 1796; An Act respecting Quarantines and Health Laws 1799). We could do what we did in VA in the 1850's, fail to obey the quarantine and you were put into a quarantine house. The road is still named Quarantine Road.
Many don't know about Washington's vaccination success:
https://www.history.com/news/smallpo...olutionary-war
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2021, 09:53 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,968,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstate0fmind View Post
Why do we do many of the things we do? For a stronger and more functional community. It's selfish not to be vaccinated. Selfish people have been taking advantage of the actions of others forever, this isn't really any different.
In this country we are based on individual liberty, not "functional community."

We are perfectly functional right now.

Old 04-21-2021, 09:54 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,510,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
The unvaccinated can help spread mutations. I suppose we could quarantine the unvaccinated if they get ill. That is in keeping with what was done in the early Republic under Presidents Washington and Adams when each signed quarantine legislation (An Act Relative to Quarantine 1796; An Act respecting Quarantines and Health Laws 1799). We could do what we did in VA in the 1850's, fail to obey the quarantine and you were put into a quarantine house. The road is still named Quarantine Road.
Back to reality...this is a virus with a 99% survival rate. Comparing apples to oranges here.

Old 04-21-2021, 10:23 AM

46,967 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
For a stronger and more functional community.
Oh, now you've done it. Prepare to be torn limb from limb by the "No one can tell me anything" contingent.

Old 04-21-2021, 11:05 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,109,437 times
Quote:
Why do we do many of the things we do? For a stronger and more functional community. It's selfish not to be vaccinated. Selfish people have been taking advantage of the actions of others forever, this isn't really any different.
Come to my house & take care of my vaccine injured child for 24 hours & tell me I'm selfish. I dare you.

Now you give up 15 years of earned income totalling over $1 Million, because your child's needs are too severe to be cared for by a babysitter or child care & tell me I'm selfish. Provide $4 Million in caregiving services for free & tell me I'm selfish.

Now you live like I do; having to push a 6'5", 270 lb child in a caroline's cart just to get groceries. Paying for shattered windows & TV screens, broken furniture, being attacked while driving, having every little noise you make, device you use & even when & IF you can use the restroom being controlled ... And tell me I AM selfish.

You asking others to risk having to live like I do, so that you can 'survive' a virus that 99.4% of the time is "mild", that they can't sue for damages for & that you YOURSELF are vaccinated for ... IS SELFISH.

Last edited by coschristi; 04-21-2021 at 11:14 AM..

Old 04-21-2021, 11:13 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,922,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
They can't be convinced that Covid actually is a real virus and isn't a democratic hoax invented to get Trump out of office.
No, I don’t believe it’s a hoax, but don’t trust politicians and I don’t think it’s wrong to question the prevention actions or rules are working.

Old 04-21-2021, 11:16 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,501,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Come to my house & take care of my vaccine injured child for 24 hours & tell me I'm selfish. I dare you.

Now you give up 15 years of earned income totalling over $1 Million, because your child's needs are too severe to be cared for by a babysitter or child care & tell me I'm selfish. Provide $4 Million in caregiving services for free & tell me I'm selfish.

Now you live like I do; having to push a 6'5", 270 lb child in a caroline's cart just to get groceries. Paying for shattered windows & TV screens, broken furniture, being attacked while driving, having every little noise you make, device you use & even when & IF you can use the restroom being controlled ... And tell me I AM selfish.

You asking others to risk having to live like I do, so that you can 'survive' a virus that 99.4% of the time is "mild", that they can't sue for damages for & that you YOURSELF are vaccinated for ... IS SELFISH.
Amen. so sorry for what you went through and continue to go through

Old 04-21-2021, 11:32 AM

46,967 posts, read 26,011,859 times
If your headlights work, why do I have to turn mine on?

Old 04-21-2021, 11:34 AM

17,311 posts, read 12,263,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
Back to reality...this is a virus with a 99% survival rate. Comparing apples to oranges here.
And if we consciously choose to let it continue to spread and mutate, one of those mutations could end up being much more lethal.

If ya know, 78 million deaths(1% of population) isn't compelling enough for you.

Last edited by notnamed; 04-21-2021 at 11:47 AM..

Old 04-21-2021, 11:45 AM

424 posts, read 175,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
If your headlights work, why do I have to turn mine on?
If you don't agree with drunk driving, then don't do it and don't worry about what I choose to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies