Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2021, 05:52 AM

8,107 posts, read 3,593,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberiaboy View Post
I like to respect other people’s opinions as much as possible but this is a racially prejudiced post by definition. A criminal can be any color, it’s not a duty of any trained officer to shoot a perpetrator unless in self/defense, and criminal status is a determination made only by a judge or jury, not an officer of the law. An officer gathers testimony and determines probable cause then a DA decides whether to prosecute charges and a plea of guilty or a court conviction following a criminal trial determines criminality and nothing else.
A criminal can be any color but the cop is going to be treated differently when he deals with a black criminal, so the opinion you're responding to is not racially prejudiced by definition, or at least no more so than the woke narrative that unfortunately defines the context right now. You could've refuted the opinion without calling him a racist, but calling him a racist is a powerful debating tool since it marginalizes both the opinion and the person giving it without having to even explain your case.

There's a valid discussion to be had about the role of the police when they encounter a crime in progress that is likely to result in someone's grievous injury or death. We'll never have an honest discussion about it while it's mired in the racial narrative though. People will make rash judgements based on tribe and faction and will not even be honest with themselves.

Old 04-23-2021, 06:25 AM

36,811 posts, read 31,098,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
The LOL was because you asked me about my personal experiences, and I shared them, and your response was to try to discount my experiences.. even though I was the one who was there, being held at gunpoint. At that point, all I can do is laugh. lol

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder. I was pointing out that your experiences are not because you are not white. People of all colors get falsely accused and get harassed by the police. You use your experience and say its because you are a POC, yet the same kind of things happen to white people every day.

Old 04-23-2021, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I 100% agree, but there is no reason that a white cop working in a predominantly white area will not encounter a black criminal.

One of the interesting things: Word on the street says that black neighborhoods prefer white cops to black ones. Figure that one out!
So when violence does occur between those breaking the law and the police they can be outraged and declare racism.

Old 04-23-2021, 06:35 AM

7,419 posts, read 2,724,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post

White cops should refuse to patrol predominately black areas

That way no white cop will have to do his duty and shoot a black criminal. The problem is solved.
And what problem would that be? Desegregation?
Go and sit in the back of the bus, eh? Problem solved.

Old 04-23-2021, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldKona View Post
It's not and wasn't intended to be. It supports my statement that the coo should be competent regardless of color
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldKona
You'd have to lay off 50% of the white guy force and hire POC to patrol where they won't. I'm OK with that.
Good luck with that. It would seem there arent so many black individuals that aspire to be police officers or they would already have black officers in black communities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldKona
Not when the hiring is done by white people. But it really isn't a matter of hiring black or white. It is more about hiring competent people.
The articles also addressed competence stating 30% of the black applicants don't pass the written exam while another percentage cant pass the drug test and criminal background check.

Old 04-23-2021, 07:04 AM

16,929 posts, read 8,600,835 times
I'm shocked this hasn't happened already. Just strike already.

Old 04-23-2021, 07:18 AM

1,301 posts, read 669,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Ahh...so white cops need to be MORE racist. Yeah thats a good idea.

No. no it isnt.

White cops are already racist because ALL white people are automatically racist by default -- this is an actual tenet of BLM, e.g. that all whites are racist.

Old 04-23-2021, 10:39 AM

1,731 posts, read 1,078,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Good luck with that. It would seem there arent so many black individuals that aspire to be police officers or they would already have black officers in black communities.

Do you have anything to back that up? And why do you want black officers to have to work in black communities?

Old 04-23-2021, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldKona View Post
Do you have anything to back that up? And why do you want black officers to have to work in black communities?
I already linked three articles that back that up.
To have to. You make that sound like its a very bad thing.
Why do you want white officers to have to work in black communities when they "are all racist and want to shoot innocent up standing citizens".

Old 04-23-2021, 11:50 AM

1,680 posts, read 1,799,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
White cops are already racist because ALL white people are automatically racist by default -- this is an actual tenet of BLM, e.g. that all whites are racist.
All Racist I'm not in step with such a claim; ALBEIT- Biased, Ignorant, Immature, unwarranted entitlement.

Each prove more accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies