Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2021, 03:42 PM

34,065 posts, read 17,096,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
And probably the best solution for where we are at now as a society.
Agreed. I think we need to see police be less proactive, and perhaps a few straight years of rising inner city murder rates will bring about a reality check to the nation.

Old 04-23-2021, 03:47 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,433,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
They don’t want to hear the truth, because it doesn’t fit their white supremacist narrative.
Some of these post are not even trying to hide it.
Well i guess if I had a 400 year head start and couldn’t keep it, I’d be racist too, I guess.
Where are these 400 year old people? I'd like to see them and know their secret to longevity.

Old 04-23-2021, 03:55 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times
I predict there will be tsunami of decent white people who will now want to be cops. People who stayed away from the profession because too many departments were cesspools and had no accountability. Black people know who the bad cops are because they complain about them for years until they kill somebody. The good cops will still show up.

Old 04-23-2021, 04:01 PM

6,671 posts, read 2,979,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Where are these 400 year old people? I'd like to see them and know their secret to longevity.
It's a mob mentality thing. Hiding behind numbers, arguing over vague concepts from the past that obviously we can't go back in time to change so it can always be played.

Identity politics. An entire ethnic group is not the borg, personalities and attitudes vary wildly. But it is easier to prop arguments up as a group so they can slide around talking points and mask personal responsibility.

Take any person in these situations and really look at them as an individual and the choices they've made in their lives and just like a homeless white millennial in Portland who slacked off in school , disrespected his folks, and just did drugs 24/7, the reason why they ended up where they are is pretty apparent and it didn't involve being a Slave a hundred years ago.

Old 04-23-2021, 04:32 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Exactly, until they start moving cops around with buses they can still choose to work where they want.

Old 04-23-2021, 04:36 PM

2,400 posts, read 784,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
That way no white cop will have to do his duty and shoot a black criminal. The problem is solved.
I think I would get lost somewhere between the station and the patrol "area".

Old 04-23-2021, 04:39 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I predict there will be tsunami of decent white people who will now want to be cops. People who stayed away from the profession because too many departments were cesspools and had no accountability. Black people know who the bad cops are because they complain about them for years until they kill somebody. The good cops will still show up.
Really, you think decent white people choose not to be cops because PD's are cesspools and there's no accountability ? Crazy.

Most cops caught up in these messes are stuck in horrible situations where no choice is the right choice. You think the cop who shot knife wielder has a reputation as a bad cop ? The cop who shot Wright ? There's no way in heck you'll see what's happening lead to a tsunami of decent white people becoming cops.

Old 04-23-2021, 04:51 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidsOnDrugs View Post
Cops should only patrol places they live. And they should know the locals. This builds trust.
I agree with this because of this society that progressives have given us. I grew up in a much more inclusive and diverse era, the 70’s and 80’s. There were so many black cops back then and they were great cops.

Old 04-23-2021, 04:53 PM

29,509 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
It's a mob mentality thing. Hiding behind numbers, arguing over vague concepts from the past that obviously we can't go back in time to change so it can always be played.

Identity politics. An entire ethnic group is not the borg, personalities and attitudes vary wildly. But it is easier to prop arguments up as a group so they can slide around talking points and mask personal responsibility.

Take any person in these situations and really look at them as an individual and the choices they've made in their lives and just like a homeless white millennial in Portland who slacked off in school , disrespected his folks, and just did drugs 24/7, the reason why they ended up where they are is pretty apparent and it didn't involve being a Slave a hundred years ago.
Well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies