Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2021, 12:04 AM

5,146 posts, read 4,980,045 times

Advertisements

As an asian, I found it ridiculous to be labelled as "POC"...who the heck coined this stupid label for asians and others? Was it by some colorless/transparent aliens from the Venus?

I welcome all of you to join me to rip this stupid label and put it to rest before it gets spread in the media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2021, 12:12 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,883,785 times
I doubt Obama coined it but I think he was the one to mainstream "POC" vs white.

Old 04-26-2021, 12:19 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,836,988 times
It seems like a calculated attempt to unite everyone who is not Caucasian into an us against them division.

If I was Asian I would resent this scam too. More woke nonsense.

Good luck uniting Asians with blacks. Asians know who their enemies are in spite of what the media tries to spin.

Old 04-26-2021, 12:24 AM

24,651 posts, read 9,477,090 times
As a black man, the term "people of color" is absurd because "people of color" are not united in the slightest on anything besides voting Democrat. Everyone generally hates everyone else.

It's another failed attempt at "whites vs. nonwhites" when every demographic considers themselves independently unique.

Old 04-26-2021, 12:43 AM

5,146 posts, read 4,980,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
As a black man, the term "people of color" is absurd because "people of color" are not united in the slightest on anything besides voting Democrat. Everyone generally hates everyone else.

It's another failed attempt at "whites vs. nonwhites" when every demographic considers themselves independently unique.

As asians, we don't identify ourselves by "color" but cultural inheritances and value sets. I find it insulting to be called poc. I figured it was political motivations behind coining this absurd phrase to categorize Americans. It is racially discriminatory by nature but I am seeing it getting more and more commonly used in msm. Chloe Zhao was described as the first "poc" female....for an oscar tonight.

Old 04-26-2021, 01:02 AM

379 posts, read 155,849 times
Democrats know they’ll lose a lot of elections if people get divisive issue fatigue.

Old 04-26-2021, 01:29 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,250,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post

Dude you were one of my favorite posters here before I ever realized you were a black guy. I always liked your no nonsense factual take on everything. I respect you that much more because I know that you probably get grief for being 'that enlightened black guy.'

I'm good friends with a guy by the name of John. I never called him 'my black friend' because he's just my friend to me but man he RAILS against a) the media depiction of blacks b) the blacks that soak this up and play along for free stuff and c) the white hand wringing dillholes who THINK they are helping. If I (a white guy) said the stuff John says about black people I'd probably be deported by China Joe.

In any case. My take: we (those of us with brains who do not virtue signal) are all in this together. We have to fight against this leftist scourge. The level of melanin in a human beings skin is an asinine thing to draw a line in the sand over.

Old 04-26-2021, 01:36 AM

30,396 posts, read 19,191,759 times
My best friend, who is Asian, hates the POC designation. As a white man, I consider myself a "Person of color" because I am not transparent.

Old 04-26-2021, 01:45 AM

303 posts, read 128,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
It seems like a calculated attempt to unite everyone who is not Caucasian into an us against them division.

If I was Asian I would resent this scam too. More woke nonsense.

Good luck uniting Asians with blacks. Asians know who their enemies are in spite of what the media tries to spin.
Interesting comment. Who are the "enemies" of Asians? I'm assuming you think that blacks are the enemies of Asians, but I am am happy for you to clarify. I personally do not see any race as inherently the enemy of any other race and don't favor the divisive rhetoric of those that do.

Old 04-26-2021, 01:49 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,602,668 times
Hillary, part of the hugly masterplan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies