Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2021, 08:46 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,110,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
There's the double standard of shooting which trespassers in public buildings and your lack of understanding the difference between a private residence and a public building and creating a "publicly accessible" public building red herring.
No.. You still don't get it. A secured publicly funded non accessible space is still privy to the same security as a private residence. A breach of security not only the outer perimeter but also the last barricade where people were sheltering in place is considered a threat. Both trespassing and criminal trespassing are not described in terms of threat but rather whether or not one knowingly or unknowingly entered into property without permission. In both cases, the fact that there was forced entry into a secured facility and threat against government officials makes it a higher crime.

There is no double standard. Just your marginalization of a legal difference between types of properties and the rights thereof because it doesn't agree with your views. The red herring here is two fold: that trespassing is the only crime and that assault and right to protect only is justified in a private residence.

Old 04-29-2021, 08:57 PM

32,076 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
You got that part right. Summarily killed for crawling unarmed into a door window of a public building in the middle of day. That doesn't qualify as killing in self defense.

The DOJ is going to totally protect its extra special VIP officer, but if it had any integrity would at least pay the family for his reckless killing.
You have to ask the question "why is she crawling through a door window" which the mob broke inside the Capitol. What was her motive for doing that. Normal people walk through the door in a public building.

Old 04-29-2021, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Looked like a hallway. Is the hallway where Pelosi has her desk?
Different hallway. Pelosi and other officials were already in session and evacuated from the chambers. So it was empty. Hence the pictures of the rioter took of himself in Polosi's office that was stupidly posted online. Other hallways had employees working and they were instructed to shelter in place... it was those hallways that were barricaded and guarded.

The fact that congress was in session and they had to stop to evacuate due to the breach is what leads prosecutors to consider the crime of "sedition conspiracy" to various people arrested.

Its not like these people wandered into a secured location unknowingly (simple trespassing) or ignored signs (criminal trespassing). There was forced entry, threats made, and with intent to stop official government proceedings.

Last edited by usayit; 04-29-2021 at 09:08 PM..

Old 04-29-2021, 10:45 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
No.. You still don't get it. A secured publicly funded non accessible space is still privy to the same security as a private residence. A breach of security not only the outer perimeter but also the last barricade where people were sheltering in place is considered a threat. Both trespassing and criminal trespassing are not described in terms of threat but rather whether or not one knowingly or unknowingly entered into property without permission. In both cases, the fact that there was forced entry into a secured facility and threat against government officials makes it a higher crime.

There is no double standard. Just your marginalization of a legal difference between types of properties and the rights thereof because it doesn't agree with your views. The red herring here is two fold: that trespassing is the only crime and that assault and right to protect only is justified in a private residence.
I think you are making things up as you go. The Capitol is not a private residence and Ashli was not a serious and deadly threat.. The standard for what's a justifiable killing doesn't just change because you don't like the identity of the person killed.

Old 04-29-2021, 10:51 PM

13,286 posts, read 8,460,871 times
Quote:
I think you are making things up as you go. The Capitol is not a private residence and Ashli was not a serious and deadly threat.. The standard for what's a justifiable killing doesn't just change because you don't like the identity of the person killed.
Her rap sheet would say otherwise.

Not sure I understand your last sentence, can you state it another way?

Old 04-29-2021, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speegleagle View Post
The Biden DOJ, The Capitol Police , and any all LEO and Government Officials involved have indicated that they don’t want to address it beyond saying that no charges would be filed against the person that shot and killed her.

That alone should be alarming and frightening to all Americans.
It is alarming to me, especially when the DOJ is throwing the book at anyone who entered in the Capitol and goes around the country pursuing charges against police and citizens for shootings that are more justifiable than this one.

Old 04-29-2021, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post

What so hard to understand? She was conservative and white. If she was not then everyone on the left would do a 180 and claim that she was not a serious threat and be outraged.

Old 04-30-2021, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Not making things up. I never claimed that The Capitol was a private residence. Is a police officer only allowed to use force against a perceived threat within private residence?

Repeating yourself doesn't make it any more true.

If you dig through my postings, there are times I've sided with Conservative views and other times I've sided with Liberal views. I can certainly make my arguments without resorting to such nonsense. Can you?

Old 04-30-2021, 06:12 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,525,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You have to ask the question "why is she crawling through a door window" which the mob broke inside the Capitol. What was her motive for doing that. Normal people walk through the door in a public building.
Probably to take selfies like the other guys who got onto the Senate floor.

Old 04-30-2021, 06:19 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,525,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post

What on her rap sheet suggests she was a deadly threat? I can only see one case where she was acquitted on a reckless driving charge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies