Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2021, 03:31 AM

558 posts, read 339,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
You're not confused. You even went to the effort to build a strawman argument.
2016, popular vote means nothing, the Electoral College decides

2020, no, wait, what, the Electoral College is corrupt. Donald won. Send in the mob.

Old 05-03-2021, 03:58 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,535,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPeople View Post
2016, popular vote means nothing, the Electoral College decides

2020, no, wait, what, the Electoral College is corrupt. Donald won. Send in the mob.
You're 2 for 2!

Old 05-03-2021, 05:17 AM

5,078 posts, read 3,978,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPeople View Post
Confused. Support your local police, but when a mob attacks the US Capitol Police, no biggie. Stroke, just a coincidence.
Haven't heard the ‘no biggee’ but certainly the deliberate shooting of the empty-handed and quite small Ashli Babbitt in broad daylight (the only shot fired that day) bears further scrutiny. Lawsuit sounds reasonable.

You’re not reviving the ‘ bloody murder by fire extinguisher bashing’ New York Times-generated hoax are you?

Just because clearer thinking people found it hard to believe yet another lie by The New York Times (which spread to every single media outlet and was repeated one billion times on air) doesn’t mean those people are anti-cop.

Last edited by Quick Commenter; 05-03-2021 at 05:40 AM..

Old 05-03-2021, 07:25 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,485,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Ashli Babbitt’s family announces lawsuit against U.S. Capitol Police…

I think Benedict Arnold's family should sue too.
You get the ignorant hyperbole award for today.

Congrats.
I don't really blame Ashli Babbitt for being a gullible pawn. I do believe she thought she was a patriot.

I blame the people who pushed the BIG LIE, and took advantage of people like her.

So yes, she IS a traitor, but she was led into it.

Babbitt is another unfortunate victim of right-wing lies.

As to the lawsuit. Her family is certainly entitled to try and sue, I am anxious to see how that turns out, but Babbitt is the perpetrator in this case. She didn't throw her hands up, she didn't run away, she aggressively lunged through the broken window knowing there were armed police on the other side.

Perhaps the family should be suing Fox News Corporation and OAN, they would have a better case.

I am quite sure if the mob had been successful at taking down our republic and she had survived, she would be bragging about her bravery in the face of armed police and it would be all over social media. At the time, she knew what she was doing and she was a willing participant.

Sadly, the world will remember her either as a foolish believer in the BIG LIE, or as a willing participant in an insurrection and a traitor to our country, or both. Sad!

Old 05-03-2021, 08:31 AM

23,897 posts, read 12,725,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post

They breached the capitol while it was in session. They climbed walls and broke doors and windows to get in to overturn the results of the election. She was unfortunately a casualty of this insurrection because they were all told to stop and no one did. But she was the first to climb through. This was her own doing. There will be no court settlement because she was the one at fault.
There's plenty of video of what went on in there. Please give us the video of Babbitt being told to stop.

Old 05-03-2021, 08:35 AM

45,675 posts, read 24,082,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
There's plenty of video of what went on in there. Please give us the video of Babbitt being told to stop.
Oh I don't know -- stop can be implied with doors/windows locked and barricated.

She literally climbed through a broken window.

Old 05-03-2021, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Oh I don't know -- stop can be implied with doors/windows locked and barricated.

She literally climbed through a broken window.
So, there were no verbal demands made before shooting, got it.

Old 05-03-2021, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Where is that link where you so falsely claimed I support blm or antics? *Waiting*.
*Tap *tap*.

Stay in the echo chamber supporting your now deceased ashli b's of the world.

Floyd did not walk into the pavement face down and chant knee on the back please,!!!

Yet looney tunes ashli breeched a secured govt building claiming the election was stolen . She also believed in the mythical qAnon rhetoric still fluttering around by the alt right.
She put herself thru those doors, she blantantly trespassed. She foolishly bought into the lie . I've little respect for her mob mentality.
You make demands while ignoring my question.

Old 05-03-2021, 01:21 PM

929 posts, read 305,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I don't really blame Ashli Babbitt for being a gullible pawn. I do believe she thought she was a patriot.

I blame the people who pushed the BIG LIE, and took advantage of people like her.

So yes, she IS a traitor, but she was led into it.

Babbitt is another unfortunate victim of right-wing lies.

As to the lawsuit. Her family is certainly entitled to try and sue, I am anxious to see how that turns out, but Babbitt is the perpetrator in this case. She didn't throw her hands up, she didn't run away, she aggressively lunged through the broken window knowing there were armed police on the other side.

Perhaps the family should be suing Fox News Corporation and OAN, they would have a better case.

I am quite sure if the mob had been successful at taking down our republic and she had survived, she would be bragging about her bravery in the face of armed police and it would be all over social media. At the time, she knew what she was doing and she was a willing participant.

Sadly, the world will remember her either as a foolish believer in the BIG LIE, or as a willing participant in an insurrection and a traitor to our country, or both. Sad!
The only” big lie” has been that which has been told by Democrats trying to use this incident to make more changes to continue to push their Authoritarian Regime since Biden took Office.

Just a short while ago, NPR, one of the main perpetrators of Propaganda, led their Update with the funeral coverage from North Carolina, complete with the oratory of seeking “ Due process” , as the victim can’t do that now. Where and when were the cries of “ due process “ for Ashli? After all, the funeral was for along time convicted criminal, with a weapon, resisting arrest and attempting to flee.

In this case, all that is clear is that Ashli was trespassing. There aren’t any other facts that can be verified and believed, as the door has been slammed shut on ANY questioning of Authority. Just like a Banana Republic.

You may speculate all you wish, and enjoy yourself in fantasy, but the facts remain. She was unarmed. She was trespassing. She was shot dead. In cold blood , without any visual indication of her being a threat to anyone. You have no idea “ how the world will remember her” , because the conscience of the world does not inhabit your brain waves.

WE will all have to wait no see if the US Government , and their employee, are allowed to violate the Constitutional Rights of an American Citizen just because they think they can.

The “ Big Lie” was all about The NY Times, CNN, MSNBC , NPR, Pelosi, Other Democrats, there’s your culprits. No fantasy , reality. They are the liars, they are the perpetrators of misinformation, hate, divisiveness and complete and utter contempt for the Rights of anyone outside their small world narrative.

I hope her family gets Justice. And if they do, it will be Justice for every American that has to exist in this New World Order of Democratic Extremism and Left Wing Shenanigans.

Old 05-03-2021, 02:00 PM

5,078 posts, read 3,978,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
So, there were no verbal demands made before shooting, got it.
The folks (faux) pleased by the shooting are having a tough time naming the last time an empty-handed woman was deliberately shot and killed in broad daylight by a cop. Very very rare.

And having an even tougher time naming the last time an empty handed trespasser (male or female, day or night) on the White House/Supreme Court grounds (and they get a lot of them) was shot and killed. Simply doesn’t happen.

I’m sure the shooter and his lawyer would love to have a drop of precedent for the purpose of the civil trial.

Oops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies