Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 08:35 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,475,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
So what if he got a bad trial.
^^^
These people are running the country right now folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2021, 12:41 PM

608 posts, read 516,555 times
Was that future juror under oath while he was being questioned about his ability to be impartial? If so he should be prosecuted for Perjury.

Old 05-03-2021, 01:32 PM

23,638 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfangle9 View Post
Was that future juror under oath while he was being questioned about his ability to be impartial? If so he should be prosecuted for Perjury.
Jurors are sworn in. He knew at the time at the time he was being questioned, and, at the time he was being sworn in that he was not impartial. He also lied about not knowing much about what had happened, other than there was going to be a trial, date of the trial, etc., since he's known to have protested with blm over Floyd. Yes, he should be prosecuted. But he probably won't be prosecuted since he's in a dem city and state.

Quote:
The juror takes an oath to decide the case “upon the law and the evidence.” The law is what the presiding judge declares the law to be; not what a juror believes it to be or what a juror may have heard it to be from any source other than the presiding judge. The evidence that jurors consider consists of the testimonyof witnesses and the exhibits admitted in evidence. What evidence is proper for the jury to consider is based upon the law of evidence.
https://www.uscourts.gov/sites/defau...l-handbook.pdf

Old 05-03-2021, 01:36 PM

10,479 posts, read 4,046,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
So surprising.

BLM Activist Sat on the Chauvin Jury After Claiming He Could Be ‘Impartial’, Tells People to Get on Juries to ‘Spark Change’

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...-spark-change/

..“I mean it’s important if we wanna see some change, we wanna see some things going different, we gotta into these avenues, get into these rooms to try to spark some change,” he said. “Jury duty is one of those things. Jury duty. Voting. All of those things we gotta do.”...
Uh-oh, if this is true, he could be looking at jail time and Chauvin's defense just found their motion to throw out the verdict.

Old 05-03-2021, 01:54 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
So surprising.

BLM Activist Sat on the Chauvin Jury After Claiming He Could Be ‘Impartial’, Tells People to Get on Juries to ‘Spark Change’

..“I mean it’s important if we wanna see some change, we wanna see some things going different, we gotta into these avenues, get into these rooms to try to spark some change,” he said. “Jury duty is one of those things. Jury duty. Voting. All of those things we gotta do.”...
There’s that pesky 9+ minute citizen video of Chauvin, hand in pocket, kneeling on a man’s neck. The man was on his stomach on the ground and cuffed behind his back. He was not going anywhere and posed to threat to anyone.

In absence of the citizen video, unlikely Chauvin would have been charged, let alone faced a jury.

Old 05-03-2021, 02:01 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,100,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
There’s that pesky 9+ minute citizen video of Chauvin, hand in pocket, kneeling on a man’s neck. The man was on his stomach on the ground and cuffed behind his back. He was not going anywhere and posed to threat to anyone.

In absence of the citizen video, unlikely Chauvin would have been charged, let alone faced a jury.
Yep. Even if Chauvin is granted a new trial he'll never take another free breath of air. They could hold a second trial in Mississippi and he'll be convicted again. Case closed.

Old 05-03-2021, 02:05 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,704,444 times
Quote:
If Chauvin was the only person in America who got a bad trial. Maybe I would care. But plenty of people get bad trials. So he gets what anyone else would get. Sounds fair to me.
Hard to watch the film and find some other reason for Floyd’s death. I don’t know how many votes the jury took, it couldn’t have been many

Old 05-03-2021, 02:06 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times
I'll let the courts sort this out on appeal.

Maybe I've missed other people pointing out the obvious but OP, the jury is not comprised of one person.

ALL of them, rather quickly reached the same conclusion, I don't know if the GW Pundit article is accurate or not but you can't hand wave away all of the other jurors reaching the same conclusion.

Old 05-03-2021, 02:14 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,672,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Lots of people support BLM doesn’t make you unable to serve as an impartial juror.
Are you out of your mind? Wrong.

Quote:
If Chauvin was the only person in America who got a bad trial. Maybe I would care. But plenty of people get bad trials. So he gets what anyone else would get. Sounds fair to me.
Are you under the mistaken impression that most/all defendants go to trial? Seems like it.

The vast majority of cases are pleaded (down if possible) because.....ding ding ding.....the accused is guilty.

Including all the BLM people who commit crimes.

Old 05-03-2021, 02:18 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,003,732 times
Quote:
So surprising.

Given how a lot of people talk on a lot of issues, I would say it is just more of the norm of the public than any particular group. Just look at the opinion about this or that child molester. For the way such people talk.....the 8th amendment doesn't mean a darn to them.

Me, these days, I'm not sure I can ever be on a jury for in order for me to be impartial, that means I would have to totally disregard all I know, all I have lived, and, ethically, I don't know if I can do that for such is expected of a professional such as I am.

Long story short whether the BLM Activist or myself when it comes to responsibilities, it is all an interpretation that can differ between how the next person sees it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies