Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 07:55 AM

23,564 posts, read 17,241,593 times

Advertisements

Every corporation who supports BLM, elected official and the girl scouts embrace BLM and their policies.

J&J endorses lying to get on juries as a default of their BLM support, for one example. See the CEO's tweet!

chauvin will get another trial.

Black activists have no intention to work within the law. Black activists consider the justice system corrupt because they have no understanding of how the law works. They continue to spread their ignorance as an act of disrupting society's stability.

Chauvin represents a test of the integrity of the justice system, if the trial was deemed legally unfair then another will occur. Chauvin is a replaceable defendant who might someday be you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2021, 07:56 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
A tainted juror. Looks like the appeal will have lots of ammo to help the defense.

Old 05-03-2021, 07:59 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,592,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Wow. There's literally nothing you can say after this that will change how you are perceived here.

Hope that admission was worth it.

I need to be delusional and pretend that the justice system isn't broken? Nobody complains when people go to jail all the time due to horrible trials. But I'm suppose to feel sympathy for a killer cop? Because he doesn't somehow get special privileges that doesn't subject him to the same broken system everyone else is subject to?

Old 05-03-2021, 08:05 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I'm not a "leftist".

I'm just all about fairness.

A lot of people get bad trials. They get sent to prison for a super long time a result of it. Most people in America get a bad trial. The justice system is super broken for just about anyone who isn't rich.

He's getting the same justice anyone else would get in this situation. Juste because he is a cop, doesn't mean he is the only one who gets a fair trial.

We can argue about how to fix the justice system. But its broken for everyone else, so it should be broken for him. And objectively speaking, he should be behind bars. If there was a video of me putting my knee on a guy's neck for 8 minutes. I wouldn't reasonably expect to be free any time soon.

What do we expect? For him to get a slap on the wrist? Maybe just lose his job? Get 6 months in jail max?

No, he needs to serve hard time. Like anyone else would.
"so what if he got a bad trial. i'm just all about fairness."

do you have any idea how demented you sound here?

Old 05-03-2021, 08:11 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,592,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

If Chauvin was the only person in America who got a bad trial. Maybe I would care. But plenty of people get bad trials. So he gets what anyone else would get. Sounds fair to me.

Old 05-03-2021, 08:13 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

"The justice system is horribly unfair!"

Also,

"I don't care if Chauvin got a bad trial".

These people fool us all by walking upright, I tell ya.

Old 05-03-2021, 08:18 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
If Chauvin was the only person in America who got a bad trial. Maybe I would care. But plenty of people get bad trials. So he gets what anyone else would get. Sounds fair to me.
that's pretty sad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
"The justice system is horribly unfair!"

Also,

"I don't care if Chauvin got a bad trial".

These people fool us all by walking upright, I tell ya.
no doubt. let's just not bother with having trials at all, that should fix everything.

Old 05-03-2021, 08:24 AM

23,649 posts, read 12,561,414 times
Quote:
I'm not a "leftist".

I'm just all about fairness.

A lot of people get bad trials. They get sent to prison for a super long time a result of it. Most people in America get a bad trial. The justice system is super broken for just about anyone who isn't rich.

He's getting the same justice anyone else would get in this situation. Juste because he is a cop, doesn't mean he is the only one who gets a fair trial.

We can argue about how to fix the justice system. But its broken for everyone else, so it should be broken for him. And objectively speaking, he should be behind bars. If there was a video of me putting my knee on a guy's neck for 8 minutes. I wouldn't reasonably expect to be free any time soon.

What do we expect? For him to get a slap on the wrist? Maybe just lose his job? Get 6 months in jail max?

No, he needs to serve hard time. Like anyone else would.
So making it more broken is better?

Yes Chauvin deserves to be in prison. But how, it appears, he got there through the justice system is wrong, possible juror intimidation with the threats of violence, one and maybe more jurors who are now known to have gone into the trial with an agenda, etc. Who knows what was actually discussed between the jurors during those deliberations, for all anyone knows it could have been a discussion about how their city could burn and their own lives, and the lives of their families, could be in danger if they didn't find him guilty on all counts. Blm now knows that threats seem to work in driving a court case. But you think possible intimidation of a jury is good.

Old 05-03-2021, 08:29 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Either way Chauvin should get a new trial. Inadequate assistance of counsel is also grounds for reversal.
He's welcome to try. <shrug>

Old 05-03-2021, 08:35 AM

18,401 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Lots of people support BLM doesn’t make you unable to serve as an impartial juror. Yes you want change. Do your civic duty voting and serving on a jury are civic duties. Chauvin was guilty of murder it was filmed all nine minutes. No way around that. The trail was fair he was guilty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies