Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 07:36 AM

21,932 posts, read 9,503,108 times

Advertisements

So surprising.

BLM Activist Sat on the Chauvin Jury After Claiming He Could Be ‘Impartial’, Tells People to Get on Juries to ‘Spark Change’

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...-spark-change/

..“I mean it’s important if we wanna see some change, we wanna see some things going different, we gotta into these avenues, get into these rooms to try to spark some change,” he said. “Jury duty is one of those things. Jury duty. Voting. All of those things we gotta do.”...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2021, 07:38 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,589,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
So surprising.

BLM Activist Sat on the Chauvin Jury After Claiming He Could Be ‘Impartial’, Tells People to Get on Juries to ‘Spark Change’

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...-spark-change/

..“I mean it’s important if we wanna see some change, we wanna see some things going different, we gotta into these avenues, get into these rooms to try to spark some change,” he said. “Jury duty is one of those things. Jury duty. Voting. All of those things we gotta do.”...

Chauvin deserves to be in prison. Get over it. So what if he got a bad trial. Welcome to just about everyone in America. As many people go to jail for horrible trials or bad juries. I have zero sympathy for this man. I’m tired of cops being above the law. And I’m tired of the people who feel they should be above the law

Old 05-03-2021, 07:40 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Chauvin deserves to be in prison. Get over it. So what if he got a bad trial. Welcome to just about everyone in America. As many people go to jail for horrible trials or bad juries. I have zero sympathy for this man. I’m tired of cops being above the law. And I’m tired of the people who feel they should be above the law
'so what if he got a bad trial'

wow. leftists have completely gone off the rails.

Old 05-03-2021, 07:42 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Chauvin's defense team was pretty incompetent if they allowed that, eh?

Old 05-03-2021, 07:47 AM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

Absolutely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
You think he said that while he was being chosen for the jury?

Old 05-03-2021, 07:49 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
So what if he got a bad trial.
Wow. There's literally nothing you can say after this that will change how you are perceived here.

Hope that admission was worth it.

Old 05-03-2021, 07:51 AM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
Chauvin was dead wrong and should be in prison.

But this BLM idiot is going to help him get a new trial.

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Either way Chauvin should get a new trial. Inadequate assistance of counsel is also grounds for reversal.

7,358 posts, read 6,527,927 times
Well it's morons like this that are going to assure Chauvin gets released! Do I think Chauvin is symptomatic of systemic racism within the police? No. Do I think he illegally killed George Floyd? Yes. Why? From what I've heard, it sounds like a personal issue between them. Do I think it rises to murder? I don't know, manslaughter at the minimum.

Old 05-03-2021, 07:52 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,589,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

I'm not a "leftist".

I'm just all about fairness.

A lot of people get bad trials. They get sent to prison for a super long time a result of it. Most people in America get a bad trial. The justice system is super broken for just about anyone who isn't rich.

He's getting the same justice anyone else would get in this situation. Juste because he is a cop, doesn't mean he is the only one who gets a fair trial.

We can argue about how to fix the justice system. But its broken for everyone else, so it should be broken for him. And objectively speaking, he should be behind bars. If there was a video of me putting my knee on a guy's neck for 8 minutes. I wouldn't reasonably expect to be free any time soon.

What do we expect? For him to get a slap on the wrist? Maybe just lose his job? Get 6 months in jail max?

No, he needs to serve hard time. Like anyone else would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies