Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2021, 06:36 AM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I'm saying find a more reliable or respectable source.
Says the guy posting Wikipedia as a source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2021, 06:36 AM

2,828 posts, read 825,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
So surprising.

BLM Activist Sat on the Chauvin Jury After Claiming He Could Be ‘Impartial’, Tells People to Get on Juries to ‘Spark Change’

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...-spark-change/

..“I mean it’s important if we wanna see some change, we wanna see some things going different, we gotta into these avenues, get into these rooms to try to spark some change,” he said. “Jury duty is one of those things. Jury duty. Voting. All of those things we gotta do.”...
Chauvin will get a new trial after this and mad Maxine's statements and rightfully so.

Old 05-04-2021, 08:51 AM

9,520 posts, read 4,346,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Its always about law and order, right and wrong when a white mans head is on the chopping block isn't it? The black man's past was at issue, but the white man's past wasn't. Chuavin had been warned 18 times for this behavior. I hope the sentence reflects that he is a habitual incorrigible abuser.
Why is everything about race? Law and order, right and wrong apply no matter what the color of one's skin. In this case, it happens to be a white guy. I'd be equally concerned if this were a Black man. It's why I donate to the Equal Justice Initiative, The Innocence Project, and even the SPLC. I believe in justice, equality, and fairness - even for obnoxious white male police officers. Based on Chauvin's history, he probably has no business wearing a badge. However, that's a separate issue and doesn't mean he should get jail time for doing something that isn't even illegal. We're letting the mob mentality take over the criminal justice system. You should be terrified that this is happening. The fact that Blacks were the recipient of unfair treatment in the past doesn't mean it's OK to treat people unfairly based on skin color now.

Old 05-04-2021, 08:51 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
What did this guy allegedly lie about? Please be specific.
Lol, they don’t even know.

Old 05-04-2021, 08:57 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
lmao. get over yourself, dude

there's not a soul here who is under the impression that the jury was compromised of a single person.
Yet all the clucking hens are ignoring that the other 11 that got to the same conclusion fast.

Don't get me wrong, there is probably enough just from Maxine Waters opening her pie hole for an appeal and this could add to that.

Old 05-04-2021, 09:00 AM

3,080 posts, read 3,266,345 times
Quote:
That may be a moot point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th Amendment
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed,

If a juror is proven to not be impartial, it really doesn't matter what they said.

Old 05-04-2021, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
How dumb could this guy be? I mean did they not know saying things like this can impact the motions for another trial
The dude is smart enough to be in congress, so yeah...really really dumb.

Old 05-04-2021, 09:04 AM

Quote:
I'll answer that for you....notice the source is mainstream.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/...l-experts-say/

Quote:
Before being selected, Mitchell filled out this questionnaire. On it, he said he never attended protests over police brutality in Minnesota or beyond.

Old 05-04-2021, 09:20 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,560,296 times
Shocker, an activist lied in pursuit of advancing their political goals...in this case, lynching a man.

In a just system. The activist would be charged with perjury and made an example of....but they are in an area controlled by the far left so surely he'll get away with it, encouraging others to do the same.

Old 05-04-2021, 09:25 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,321,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
If Chauvin was the only person in America who got a bad trial. Maybe I would care. But plenty of people get bad trials. So he gets what anyone else would get. Sounds fair to me.

Yeah, your feelings and emotions TOTALLY aren't compromising you to produce a coherent thought at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies