Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many genders are there?
1 2 0.85%
2 193 82.13%
3 9 3.83%
4 1 0.43%
More than 4 but some finite number 9 3.83%
Infinite 21 8.94%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2021, 06:22 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,526,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelized Onion View Post
This entire thread is about worrying over what's inside someone's pants. If you weren't thinking about genitalia, there would be no discussion at all.
Are you purposely pretending to not understand the issue, or are you really this confused.

By the way, you are doing social justice warrior wrong. Gender has nothing to do with genitalia. Gender is a social construct and nothing to do with biological sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2021, 06:28 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
This entire thread is about worrying over what's inside someone's pants. If you weren't thinking about genitalia, there would be no discussion at all.

I do find it interesting that the same people who are salivating over knowing what reproductive organs someone else has are also sobbing and whining over the prospect of having to divulge the exceptionally private information regarding whether or not they are wearing a mask inside of Walmart and incorrectly citing HIPAA rules (often misspelled as HIPPA and always having zero to do with what HIPAA is actually about).
No one cares about what reproductive organs someone has until that person brings it up. Meaning, the argument starts with the person who WANTS to make it an issue.

I don't give a fig if a man wants to wear a tutu and skip through Walmart. That's his business. But to tell me .. hey that's a woman and you must believe he is a woman ... is the line. I'm not asking to see anyone's genitalia (sorry, but ... ewww at Walmart??? *shudder*). You cannot tell me what to think when biology says otherwise. And the propaganda needs to be removed from the public schools. Those who are begging to discuss genitalia are those who are trying to tell you an apple is an orange.

As far as masks.. pretty easy to see who has one and who doesn't. Not sure it's a good analogy. There's no edict to believe a person has a mask on when there's no mask.

Old 05-04-2021, 07:03 AM

33,572 posts, read 18,174,016 times
So 15% of the voters can't count.

Old 05-04-2021, 07:11 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,968,029 times
Quote:

I do find it interesting that the same people who are salivating over knowing what reproductive organs someone else has are also sobbing and whining over the prospect of having to divulge the exceptionally private information regarding whether or not they are wearing a mask inside of Walmart and incorrectly citing HIPAA rules (often misspelled as HIPPA and always having zero to do with what HIPAA is actually about).
Nah, it's bigger than that as we've said ad nauseum in this thread.

As a culture we begin to decline morally and idealistically if we can't even point out basic science because we are afraid of hurting someone's feelings.

No one here cares what anyone chooses to wear or chooses to call themselves. We don't care what body part you want to chop off or staple on. Where we care is when crazy people start telling us that WE need to start calling Jack "Jill" and WE need to believe that HE is now a SHE.

YOU can do whatever you want, but don't push it onto ME.

Also, there is a big discussion about adult men going into the restroom with MY daughter (very bad) and ALSO with adult men playing sports with girls, and all the ramifications that it has such as taking away records, scholarships, putting them in danger physically, etc.

So, obviously, if you're paying attention, you'd know that this isn't just a case of the right being a bunch of busy bodies caring about what's in someone's pants. It's A LOT bigger than that.

Old 05-04-2021, 07:12 AM

15,864 posts, read 6,333,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
No one would know about it if a certain agenda wasn't being pushed in the media and the schools.

You fail to recognize that if no one is talking about it FIRST ... no one can respond SECOND.

The pushback comes after someone shoves a ding-dong around and claims it makes him a girl, FIRST

Stop doing that. And there will be no "concern" to respond to. SECOND
How and what is it being pushed in schools? I cant see your concern.

Old 05-04-2021, 07:15 AM

2,330 posts, read 1,032,880 times
Liberals: Global warming is real - follow the science!
Also Liberals: There are an infinite number of genders based on how I feel today.

Old 05-04-2021, 09:44 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Looks like a political propaganda brainwashing push from a very small... and I mean very small portion of the population.
For what? What would be the end game, to force this on 85% of the population that is not buying it?
What purpose, is this crap being forced down our throats?

Government public schools are for what purpose?

Old 05-04-2021, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
How and what is it being pushed in schools? I cant see your concern.
Go do some research, you'll be overloaded with articles about it. Google is a friend.

Old 05-04-2021, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Nah, it's bigger than that as we've said ad nauseum in this thread.

As a culture we begin to decline morally and idealistically if we can't even point out basic science because we are afraid of hurting someone's feelings.

No one here cares what anyone chooses to wear or chooses to call themselves. We don't care what body part you want to chop off or staple on. Where we care is when crazy people start telling us that WE need to start calling Jack "Jill" and WE need to believe that HE is now a SHE.

YOU can do whatever you want, but don't push it onto ME.

Also, there is a big discussion about adult men going into the restroom with MY daughter (very bad) and ALSO with adult men playing sports with girls, and all the ramifications that it has such as taking away records, scholarships, putting them in danger physically, etc.

So, obviously, if you're paying attention, you'd know that this isn't just a case of the right being a bunch of busy bodies caring about what's in someone's pants. It's A LOT bigger than that.
You can say this 5 billion times .. and some people just refuse to see it.

it's like, I like potatoes. You don't. You don't care if I eat potatoes. And I don't care that you don't like potatoes. We exist side by side, no problems.

But then I force you to eat 10 pounds of potatoes because since I think potatoes are awesome you MUST think potatoes are awesome, too. And my opinion matters, yours doesn't.

But you get mad that I made you eat potatoes. Then I call you uncooperative and bigoted because you don't like potatoes. And I make YOU become the problem, not me. Because you don't want to eat potatoes, and I forced it on you. You're wrong and I'm right because I say so.

All you wanted was to be left alone.

Old 05-04-2021, 10:03 AM

15,864 posts, read 6,333,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Go do some research, you'll be overloaded with articles about it. Google is a friend.
I want to see what your seeing. Surely you have your own evidence you can show me. As someone who doesn't want religion in schools I m sympathtic to the idea we should all have a say on what goes into the education of our children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies