Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 11:02 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,640,926 times

Advertisements

Vaccines wouldn't be such a touchy subject. I can almost guarantee that if politics, mainstream media propaganda and greedy corporations weren't pushing getting the vaccines so hard, we wouldn't be at odds with who is and who isn't getting a vaccine. It would be "business as usual" with vaccines. It would be "Yeah, I'm going to get the vaccine" or "Nah, I'm not going to get it ever/or yet/hold off.". Instead, we have a 2 tier society that is in the works for those whom are vaccinated and unvaccinated. The "unvaccinated" will be looked at as a public health risk, disease ridden, "dirty", "danger to society", exiled, out casted. Granted, I believe and know there are reasonable vaccinated people whom would also be against a 2 tier society. However, besides the "powers that be" there are many of us "everyday folk" who are a bunch of weirdos and will absolutely contribute in empowering a 2 tier society and a new segregation system. And many of these folks are leftist whom always speak of "unity" but they'll cheer this on because they're being told that only "White Supremacist" don't want to get vaccinated.

It baffles me how some of you have been getting played and continued to get played. I am firmly convinced you just don't care about being played because you can't concede that your overlords got many of this stuff wrong pertaining to the COVEED.

We're in for some fun times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2021, 11:04 AM

17,311 posts, read 12,263,996 times
As I keep saying, keep the political pundits out of your medical decisions. Talk to your doctor.

Old 05-03-2021, 08:47 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,640,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
As I keep saying, keep the political pundits out of your medical decisions. Talk to your doctor.
I agree.

Talk to your doctor, take it or don't take it. Whatever. In my opinion its much more important to focus on your health rather than taking a vaccine. If you're obese, out of shape, have a terrible diet and possibly smoke cigarettes, a vaccine isn't going to save your life.

Regardless, I agree. Take the politics out of vaccines.

Old 05-03-2021, 08:52 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,922,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
I agree.

Talk to your doctor, take it or don't take it. Whatever. In my opinion its much more important to focus on your health rather than taking a vaccine. If you're obese, out of shape, have a terrible diet and possibly smoke cigarettes, a vaccine isn't going to save your life.

Regardless, I agree. Take the politics out of vaccines.
I agree, I would trust my doctor far more then any political or media, or celebrity endorsements.

Old 05-03-2021, 08:55 PM

18,805 posts, read 8,479,367 times
But what so many anti-vaxxers don't know or appreciate, is that there is a national reason to get vaccinated even if you are at low risk for Covid 19. And that is to help reduce the size of the active viral pool. The larger and longer that pool exists, the more apt we are to encounter a viral variant that is either more virulent, or can bypass the current vaccines. So it is a patriotic thing to do, when you do what is in the best interest of your country!

Old 05-03-2021, 10:38 PM

6,389 posts, read 2,715,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
But what so many anti-vaxxers don't know or appreciate, is that there is a national reason to get vaccinated even if you are at low risk for Covid 19. And that is to help reduce the size of the active viral pool. The larger and longer that pool exists, the more apt we are to encounter a viral variant that is either more virulent, or can bypass the current vaccines. So it is a patriotic thing to do, when you do what is in the best interest of your country!
Well keeping politics out of this lasted an entire 5 posts.

Why is someone who says they are not getting the Vaccine instantly labeled an "Anti-Vaxxer"? Right there you are bringing politics into the discussion because everyone wants to believe there are two sides to this. The "Liberal Pro Vaccine" group vs. the "Right Anti-Vaxxer".

I know several people who are not willing to get a vaccine that is not fully approved(it only has an Emergency Use Authorization) with unknown long-term effects that have only a 95% effectiveness, for something that has a survivability rate of over 98%. But they get their flu shot every year.

If someone feels that they are at risk and want to get the vaccine, then go right ahead. I'm not here to or expecting to change anyone's mind either way. But whether or not you get it should be a decision between you and your doctor and your family.

Old 05-03-2021, 10:43 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
You’re assuming folks that don’t get the vaccine are “anti-vaxxers”. The fact is that it’s a rushed vaccine with serious side affects...and let’s not forget, “my body my choice”.

Old 05-03-2021, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Well keeping politics out of this lasted an entire 5 posts.

Why is someone who says they are not getting the Vaccine instantly labeled an "Anti-Vaxxer"? Right there you are bringing politics into the discussion because everyone wants to believe there are two sides to this. The "Liberal Pro Vaccine" group vs. the "Right Anti-Vaxxer".

I know several people who are not willing to get a vaccine that is not fully approved(it only has an Emergency Use Authorization) with unknown long-term effects that have only a 95% effectiveness, for something that has a survivability rate of over 98%. But they get their flu shot every year.

If someone feels that they are at risk and want to get the vaccine, then go right ahead. I'm not here to or expecting to change anyone's mind either way. But whether or not you get it should be a decision between you and your doctor and your family.
Bingo

Old 05-03-2021, 10:48 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,922,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
You’re assuming folks that don’t get the vaccine are “anti-vaxxers”. The fact is that it’s a rushed vaccine with serious side affects...and let’s not forget, “my body my choice”.
This

Old 05-03-2021, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Vaccines wouldn't be such a touchy subject. I can almost guarantee that if politics, mainstream media propaganda and greedy corporations weren't pushing getting the vaccines so hard, we wouldn't be at odds with who is and who isn't getting a vaccine. It would be "business as usual" with vaccines. It would be "Yeah, I'm going to get the vaccine" or "Nah, I'm not going to get it ever/or yet/hold off.". Instead, we have a 2 tier society that is in the works for those whom are vaccinated and unvaccinated. The "unvaccinated" will be looked at as a public health risk, disease ridden, "dirty", "danger to society", exiled, out casted. Granted, I believe and know there are reasonable vaccinated people whom would also be against a 2 tier society. However, besides the "powers that be" there are many of us "everyday folk" who are a bunch of weirdos and will absolutely contribute in empowering a 2 tier society and a new segregation system. And many of these folks are leftist whom always speak of "unity" but they'll cheer this on because they're being told that only "White Supremacist" don't want to get vaccinated.

It baffles me how some of you have been getting played and continued to get played. I am firmly convinced you just don't care about being played because you can't concede that your overlords got many of this stuff wrong pertaining to the COVEED.

We're in for some fun times.
Bingo

Many think that folks should think and do as they do, when in fact, they’re simply parroting the media because they believe most everything they’re told.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies