Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2021, 08:03 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times

Advertisements

Has anybody had their doctor tell them NOT to get the vaccine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2021, 08:04 AM

41,971 posts, read 75,229,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Regardless, I agree. Take the politics out of vaccines.
Hilarious, when your opening post put the politics into the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Well keeping politics out of this lasted an entire 5 posts.
What's political about being patriotic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Are you a doctor or scientist that knows more than doctors and scientists who have said this?
No more than you are. Yet doctors are reporting long-term effects from contracting Covid-19. Given the medical information available to us, I'd rather take a chance on the vaccine than on the virus itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Its funny how the "My Body My Choice" sentiment and crowd oddly enough don't apply that mantra to vaccines.
It's funny how abortion isn't contagious.

Quote:
Why the HECK should I let the government dictate how to treat my health and body? I think anyone who wants or thinks the government has your health as their best interest is out of their dang mind.

[snip]

If the government really cared about our health they would be mandating people get healthy.
We are full of contradictions today, aren't we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
The drug companies aren't doing what is in the best interest of the country. Why no pressure on them? There is an opportunity to make the vaccine generic and available to all and they are fighting it tooth and nail.
Capitalism is so pesky.

I'm not saying I don't agree with you. But capitalism is the economic system we've chosen, and we have to live with it, warts and all.

Old 05-04-2021, 08:10 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,510,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Capitalism is so pesky.

I'm not saying I don't agree with you. But capitalism is the economic system we've chosen, and we have to live with it, warts and all.
There is a difference between capitalism and corporatism. In the case of the vaccine I will go one step further. Operation Warp Speed was paid for by the taxpayers. We are equal shareholders in the final product.

Old 05-04-2021, 08:21 AM

3,650 posts, read 3,787,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
That’s quite the assumption. I watch tv. I don’t have anxiety about these things. Are you assuming I didn’t get vaccinated?

Folks who are fretting about long term affects of the shot have every right to do so, especially since it was so rushed and already has serious side affects.

Why was the Johnson & Johnson vaccine paused?
This isn't about politics. It isn't about you, either.

The thread IS about people sharing observations from diverse places.

Old 05-04-2021, 08:35 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So have you never ever had a vaccine of any kind?
Pretty sure I know where you're going with this, but I'll play it out and see if I'm right.

Yes, why?

Old 05-04-2021, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I will say the "the vaccine was rushed" cry, from general anti-government (bureaucracy, dumb rules, etc) crowds, is pretty ironic. We got Pfizer - and the others - because the FDA/CDC said "go get an effective and safe vaccine, and forget about the typical years-long red tape."
Let's talk about that for a sec.

I've posted several times that the issue most people have with this vaccine is that it hasn't gone through the same processes that previous vaccines and drugs were subjected to.

Included in those posts was the simple logic that if those processes are required to produce a product which is known to be at least relatively safe and effective, then the current vaccines being distributed haven't been proven as such. If those processes aren't required to produce a safe and effective product and these new vaccines are safe, then how many have died or suffered incredibly while waiting for approvals on other drugs or vaccines because of that corruption/"red tape"?

There's only two ways to look at it. Either the vaccine hasn't been proven yet, or the process is corrupt and people have suffered and died as a result. It can't be neither.

Old 05-04-2021, 08:48 AM

18,805 posts, read 8,479,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
There is a difference between capitalism and corporatism. In the case of the vaccine I will go one step further. Operation Warp Speed was paid for by the taxpayers. We are equal shareholders in the final product.
OWS as part of CARES Act was funded from newly created Fed money. So taxpayers not directly involved.

Old 05-04-2021, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
I should have left out 'anti-vaxxers'. Most people don't seem to know or appreciate the patriotic need for vaccination right now.
Thanks, Pravda.

Old 05-04-2021, 08:53 AM

18,805 posts, read 8,479,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Thanks, Pravda.
Another poster has been using a Russian based search engine Yandex for learning and making his or her vaccination decision. No better way for a foreign entity to instill political division.

Old 05-04-2021, 09:00 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,510,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
OWS as part of CARES Act was funded from newly created Fed money. So taxpayers not directly involved.
There is no such thing as "Fed Money". All of gov't is funded by taxpayers. Whether we pay for it now or are on the hook to pay it back later is irrelevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies