Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2021, 08:18 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,434,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The leftists have become big fans of Liz Cheney What could be worse for her than that?
So then, you’re acknowledging that the R purity test is now whether or not you believe in Trump’s election lies?

Old 05-04-2021, 08:19 PM

13,623 posts, read 4,341,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Cheney made the mistake of thinking the republican party should be somewhat in touch with reality.

the same people that brought us into illegals wars and torture talking about reality . Stay off the crack pipe and pass it to the op.

Old 05-04-2021, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
This is from the U.S. Intelligence Services.....I guess you call that "The Deep State"....is that right??

the same intel that lied to the nation about illegal wars, overthrow foreign governments and illegal spying. Them? well, they are not the People's state. They must be part of the systematic racists that Biden talked about.

Old 05-04-2021, 08:24 PM

7,825 posts, read 2,740,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Actually I think it is a far left/ far right debate. Both extremes have the loudest voice in their parties. Those of us from both parties in the middle are looking around not knowing what to do.
Yep

Old 05-04-2021, 08:27 PM

Quote:
And you think Trumpism is the solution to this??? The GOP literally had NO PLATFORM for the 2020 election other than supporting Trump. That is a great strategy to expand the base.
and Democrats have a platform? identity politics is not much of a platform more like a wreck. What was Biden's platform in 2020, he will find the cure?

Old 05-04-2021, 08:32 PM

32,133 posts, read 15,129,786 times
She voted with trump 99 percent of the time, yet she's now a rino for voting to impeach him because she feels the breach of the capitol was his fault. And honestly, how could you disagree with her. This would have never happened if trump hadn't kept saying the election was stolen from him and told his supporters to fight like hell. He told the crowd that he was counting on pence to somehow overturn it, which we all know isn't possible. I guess his supporters don't know how elections work since they had gallows set up for pence, for his refusal to help trump, while chanting hang mike pence. Cheney has more backbone than any of these republicans who just bow down to trump because they are afraid of him. And he's not even in office anymore. It's disturbing to watch the republican party get rid of conservatives just because they have gone against trump. What happened to putting country first which she did. The party is imploding and it will be fascinating to watch

Old 05-04-2021, 08:33 PM

7,825 posts, read 2,740,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
and Democrats have a platform? identity politics is not much of a platform more like a wreck. What was Biden's platform in 2020, he will find the cure?
At least they have one.....I don't agree with all the platform....so I hold my nose like everybody that votes. But this is what a professional political party does. Trumps 2020 platform was blind obedience to him. That is Autocratic and Authoritarian....and as 1/6 was just a taste.....Trumpism, whoever carries the mantle is a threat to our constitutional form of Govt.

https://democrats.org/where-we-stand/party-platform/

Old 05-04-2021, 08:40 PM

2,367 posts, read 912,766 times
I think she just became difficult to deal with. It's not just pro or anti Trump that the public sees. Behind the scenes she's probably involved in some personal vendettas, stabbed too many people in the back and did things out of spite. I don't think Trump was ever her real enemy because Trump is a party outsider.

In any case, looks like now the bad blood goes beyond just disagreements in policies. There's always someone waiting in the wings to take you down. This happens in both parties and a lot of people have seen toxic people and experienced politics in corporations and academia.

Old 05-04-2021, 08:45 PM

Quote:
At least they have one.....I don't agree with all the platform....so I hold my nose like everybody that votes. But this is what a professional political party does. Trumps 2020 platform was blind obedience to him. That is Autocratic and Authoritarian....and as 1/6 was just a taste.....Trumpism, whoever carries the mantle is a threat to our constitutional form of Govt.

https://democrats.org/where-we-stand/party-platform/

Parties don't obey platforms when they get to power. You are really naive that platforms made for conventions are important and politicians in power follow it. They don't. Whoever watches conventions to get educated are full of themselves. It's like the losers watching the NFL draft all the rounds and pretend they know football.

That's like saying what they say in conventions is important in how politicians act in power. It's a Dog and pony show which the majority of voters don't watch. You are the few that bothers to read the platforms.

The party that wants to stack the Supreme Court for a power grab and the grandfather of mass incarceration and illegal wars calling Trump authoritarian and a threat to the constitution. You can't make this B.S. up. You really believe the bs from the left.

Old 05-04-2021, 08:45 PM

57,411 posts, read 26,339,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Actually I think it is a far left/ far right debate. Both extremes have the loudest voice in their parties. Those of us from both parties in the middle are looking around not knowing what to do.
Well since you claim to be in the middle what do you think of her removal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies