Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2021, 05:17 PM

21,882 posts, read 25,154,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Then why doesn’t Israel officially declare war with Palestine and occupy them and install a puppet government?
Doesn't really serve their interests. Limited engagement keeps their allies happier. At the same time none of the other bordering Muslim nations (Egypt, Syria, and Jordan principally) want to do another invasion. That didn't work out that well the first time and wouldn't if they tried it now. So for both sides the current status quo is what they want, which is limited engagement.

Old 05-12-2021, 05:24 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator11040 View Post
I knew it would happen. Some haters have come close to the line but not openly crossed it. This poster has crossed the line from "politics and other controversies".
It's blatantly antisemitic. And it's an abuse of this forum.
Without fail, Democrats insist that being against Israel isn’t antisemitic, and without fail posters hop onto every anti-Israel to prove that the two overlap. The OP, as we know, has spewed quite a lot of anti-Jew sentiment, which is what drives her need to repeatedly post anti-Israel threads.

And the poster above is just as blatant.

Old 05-12-2021, 05:26 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,932,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I never said that people in a lesser position don’t have a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. I said that Democrats automatically side with those in the lesser position regardless of whether they are in the right or wrong.

Israel was willing to concede land, on more than one occasion, once even giving the Palestinians 97% of what they wanted. In return, they only asked that Hamas (and the Palestinians, who operate under their direction) acknowledge Israel’s right to exist. The Islamic terrorists refused.

As far as this current conflict, Hamas was the instigator.
Fair point, sorry for misunderstanding your intent. However I still stand that both sides are in the wrong. Palestine is digging themselves in a hole, and Israel is helping them. Unfortunately there is so much angst and rage on both sides that the two will never solve this problem on their own with out all out war. I hope a third party can come in and help them resolve their differences and I don’t that will be the US since they are too one sided to be an effective mediator.

Old 05-12-2021, 05:26 PM

18,451 posts, read 8,282,661 times
and if Hamas was any better at it....how many Jew children would they have killed?

trick question....all of them

Old 05-12-2021, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Fair point, sorry for misunderstanding your intent. However I still stand that both sides are in the wrong. Palestine is digging themselves in a hole, and Israel is helping them. Unfortunately there is so much angst and rage on both sides that the two will never solve this problem on their own with out all out war. I hope a third party can come in and help them resolve their differences and I don’t that will be the US since they are too one sided to be an effective mediator.
I think Trump had the right idea with the Abraham Accords. His idea to help forge alliances between less hostile Arab countries and Israel was a shift in the approach, and it might have ultimately led to the Palestinians being willing to accept Israel’s peace offers, knowing they were being left in the dust. (no pun intended)

I think Hamas is testing how much America will support Israel, now that we have a weak president who is getting pressure from the anti-Israel Democrats. It’s like a child acting out with a weak parent to see what they can get away with.

Old 05-12-2021, 05:31 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,434,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
and if Hamas was any better at it....how many Jew children would they have killed?

trick question....all of them
They said they are ready to stop defending themselves once the Israeli onslaught ends.

Israelis want to remove all Palestinians so there is no choice.

Old 05-12-2021, 05:40 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Without fail, Democrats insist that being against Israel isn’t antisemitic, and without fail posters hop onto every anti-Israel to prove that the two overlap. The OP, as we know, has spewed quite a lot of anti-Jew sentiment, which is what drives her need to repeatedly post anti-Israel threads.

And the poster above is just as blatant.
Honest question- can you be against Israeli policy and actions towards Palestinians and not anti semetic? A simple yes or no.

Old 05-12-2021, 05:44 PM

2,953 posts, read 993,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
One area in which the Palestinians have excelled on the world stage is their development of guilt as a weapon. They deploy it against angst-ridden liberals, primarily in Western Europe but also in the United States. Their guilt bombs cause these people to shovel money and technical supplies to the downtrodden Israel-haters in Gaza and the West Bank. Thus, they receive all kinds of development goodies, despite having done absolutely nothing to earn them. It's a nice racket if you can get it.

Oh, and in the world of fashion, I've heard that they've developed wire mesh face coverings, so that their women don't immediately suffocate upon donning their burkas. Bunch of softies, whoever came up with that idea.
Right. The western liberal guilt JDAM. Flies right through the window of a moving Prius and detonates in the fragile psyche of a prosperous urban progressive who's dying for a cause to belong to.

Old 05-12-2021, 05:54 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,932,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
They said they are ready to stop defending themselves once the Israeli onslaught ends.

Israelis want to remove all Palestinians so there is no choice.
Yes but if given the chance the Palestinians would do the same with no hesitation. It is a very sad state of affairs and their is no easy solution/response. But I agree Israel needs to stop targeting civilians even if their are terrorists hiding behind them.

Old 05-12-2021, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Yes some. But not all. I think you are too quick to call out posters for being anti semetic when they show some sympathy for Palestinians. Try not to name call and it might be more productive.
And I never said all. The ones I say are antisemitic are the ones making outlandish and false accusations against Jews. If being against Israel has nothing to do with antisemitism, why make blanket and incendiary comments about Jews? The religion should be irrelevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies