Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2021, 07:14 PM

727 posts, read 304,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
First, this thread is not about Israel. Why is it when someone makes an antisemitic comment, do you say being against Israel isn’t being against Jews? Nobody is talking about Israel on this thread.

We are talking about the LIBERAL who is employed by a LIBERAL channel who just said Jews need to be exterminated. Right out in the open, and CNN is accepting it.

I can see what you’re doing, though. Whenever another liberal comes up with disgusting antisemitic comments, other liberals say, “but...but....some fringe bigots wore an Auschwitz shirt” and what not. You don’t get it: those fringe new-Nazis can’t hurt me. What does hurt me is when established media channels, and the DC Council, and the NAACP, and the Democrats in Congress defend, excuse, or otherwise tolerate antisemitic Democrat public figures.
You have to ask yourself why this person tweeted that. Timing is everything. In my opinion it's in response to what's going on in Israel. All of a sudden it's ok for prominent politicians, social media platforms to spew and allow blatant anti-semitic rhetoric without repercussion.

The Space X Officer was fired for speaking against cultural neo marxism. The hypocrisy is unwavering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2021, 07:21 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,499,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightZeroTX View Post
You have to ask yourself why this person tweeted that. Timing is everything. In my opinion it's in response to what's going on in Israel. All of a sudden it's ok for prominent politicians, social media platforms to spew and allow blatant anti-semitic rhetoric without repercussion.

The Space X Officer was fired for speaking against cultural neo marxism. The hypocrisy is unwavering.
Yes, and it demonstrates the overlap between hatred for Israel and hatred for Jews. If being critical of Israel doesn’t mean one is critical of Jews, then why did that liberal, in reaction to what is happening in Israel, make such a reprehensible comment about Jews? And worse, why does the liberal media, that is clearly against Israel, allow antisemitic hate comments to stand?

And you’re right. The fact that these prominent politicians and media platforms are allowed to spew their antisemitic rhetoric, while taking fast and hard action against anyone who speaks out against the Far-Left agenda, is not merely mind-boggling, but frightening.

Old 05-16-2021, 07:22 PM

4,897 posts, read 2,053,813 times
And do we need any more proof that today’s Liberal Progressive Leftist are more aligned with Nazi ideology than the conservatives... Who they claim to be “Nazis”!!

I’m mixed Black and German, with a splash of Jewish thrown in for good measure AND anything that is aligned with Nazism needs to be physically destroyed BEFORE is can return and be “normalized” by the Liberals BEFORE they find their Adolf Hitler and reopen their concentration camps.

I can only hope that CNN with fire this Fascist and if not, I’ll assume that CNN agrees with this idiot’s views.

Old 05-16-2021, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
A Hitler to do what? Take down all of Hollywood? The Banks? The Lawyers? Clean up the sexually degenerate anything goes smut culture? Put women back in the home to raise kids? Chuckle. This is basically saying this person supports a socially conservative authoritarian culture, unless they are just spouting nonsense. You think a Hitler is going to support LGBTQ rights? Not likely. I'm just pointing out the flaws in this person's arguments.
Don’t play innocent. The antisemite means we need a Hitler to do what Hitler is infamous for.

Old 05-16-2021, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Yes, and it demonstrates the overlap between hatred for Israel and hatred for Jews. If being critical of Israel doesn’t mean one is critical of Jews, then why did that liberal, in reaction to what is happening in Israel, make such a reprehensible comment about Jews? And worse, why does the liberal media, that is clearly against Israel, allow antisemitic hate comments to stand?

And you’re right. The fact that these prominent politicians and media platforms are allowed to spew their antisemitic rhetoric, while taking fast and hard action against anyone who speaks out against the Far-Left agenda, is not merely mind-boggling, but frightening.
I couldn't agree with you more. 3/4 of my family are in Israel, and I worry. To answer your question as to why they do it, I would venture to say shock factor. The worst thing you can do to offend someone who is Jewish is bring up the Holocaust in the aforementioned manner. A genocide. It might even be the equivalent
or akin to making offensive slavery comments or using a racial slur.

The difference is the Politicians & social media platforms have been setting a dangerous precedent that it's ok to do this because most people associate Jews with Israel.

Old 05-16-2021, 07:30 PM

Quote:
I couldn't agree with you more. 3/4 of my family are in Israel, and I worry. To answer your question as to why they do it, I would venture to say shock factor. The worst thing you can do to offend someone who is Jewish is bring up the Holocaust in the aforementioned manner. A genocide. It might even be the equivalent

The difference is the Politicians & social media platforms have been setting a dangerous precedent that it's ok to do this because most people associate Jews with Israel.
Agree. And as someone who had the majority of her ancestors murdered (my parents’ aunts, uncles, and cousins), it is stomach-churning that someone would say this. What is worse, though, is if CNN allows it to stand.

They actually need to come out with a statement saying that antisemitic hate comments by any of their contributors will be met with immediate termination, and the announce that this particular POS has been fired.

Old 05-16-2021, 07:31 PM

Quote:

And by the way....I see you’re new here. Welcome.

Old 05-16-2021, 07:39 PM

17,616 posts, read 6,900,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lol

Because nobody, including the media, have ever gotten their feelings hurt so badly.
In moneil’s strange universe, only Trump lies.

Old 05-16-2021, 07:46 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,210,090 times
Quote:
Thank you. And I believe you’re a Democrat, am I right? I’m so glad we found common ground.
I'm an independent and have been my entire voting life. And yes, I think common ground is important.

Old 05-16-2021, 08:04 PM

Quote:
And by the way....I see you’re new here. Welcome.
Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies