Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2021, 08:08 PM

62,993 posts, read 29,178,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
Oh I totally get the point, and I still stand by everything I said here!!
So you support other's irresponsible behavior. Got it.

Old 05-18-2021, 08:19 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They’re probably collecting free stuff, too.

Old 05-18-2021, 08:24 PM

4,218 posts, read 2,460,826 times
No one should be getting any government handouts, because the government doesn't have anything it doesn't first take from the people. Paying people for having children is probably the most dysgenic thing you can do.

Old 05-18-2021, 09:20 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,598,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It does not matter what you or I feel about the issue. Nothing we can do it about it. The most you are going to do is complain about it online!!

Old 05-19-2021, 08:00 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
It does not matter what you or I feel about the issue. Nothing we can do it about it. The most you are going to do is complain about it online!!
Wrong! There are things we can do by our votes.

Old 05-19-2021, 11:42 AM

424 posts, read 175,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
And that’s on them to deal with the consequences of their actions.

Don’t have to shout close your legs. Take precautions.

Don’t bail them out and they’ll take more responsibility. Giving out free stuff is enabling.

Again, adoption is always an option...but please do continue to ignore that and come up with more dramatic responses.
Who is going to be adopting these children? You have to realize that many of them are not going to be the healthy, white babies that upper-middle class white families are looking for, right? A large percentage will be dark-skinned. A large percentage will be born addicted to drugs and might have lifelong afflictions from that. Some will be babies with health problems that their middle-class or upper-middle class parents didn't want to have to cope with, like Down Syndrome and cystic fibrosis. Many will be underweight or premature and have major health issues because their birth mothers did not take care of themselves during pregnancies.

How many of these children are you volunteering to raise? Or who are you volun-telling to take them?

Old 05-19-2021, 11:48 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelized Onion View Post
Who is going to be adopting these children? You have to realize that many of them are not going to be the healthy, white babies that upper-middle class white families are looking for, right? A large percentage will be dark-skinned. A large percentage will be born addicted to drugs and might have lifelong afflictions from that. Some will be babies with health problems that their middle-class or upper-middle class parents didn't want to have to cope with, like Down Syndrome and cystic fibrosis. Many will be underweight or premature and have major health issues because their birth mothers did not take care of themselves during pregnancies.

How many of these children are you volunteering to raise? Or who are you volun-telling to take them?
Since when do only upper middle class white families adopt children?

There’s a huge amount of middle class folks and even those with lesser means that will and can afford to adopt them.

I’m not volunteering because we chose not to have children and planned accordingly and responsibly so it didn’t happen, which with so many easily and readily available birth control options, it’s easy to do.

I’m not telling anyone to take them. There’s people looking to adopt everyday.

Old 05-20-2021, 08:28 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:

So your answer is to just kill them? Is that it? Imagine how the left would be howling if we just killed all unwanted puppies. But babies? No issue there.

Old 05-21-2021, 11:16 AM

237 posts, read 125,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khendra View Post
Republicans: no money to children who are born! If you can't afford them, don't have them! But abortion is bad!
Democrats! money to children who are born! But abortion is great and a woman's right!

The world has always been opposed to Christianity, Jesus, and life. Only the American Solidarity Party is the moral one right now. Repubs and Dems are immoral hypocrites.
Complete silence.

Republicans and Democrats are so ideologically, pragmatically, and morally bankrupt. There's no God or morality anymore on either side: it's all about me me me me and MY money.

It's sure an uncomfortable fact for many conservatives that most abortions come from irresponsible situations and impoverished women. You want to stop these women from having abortions? Then accept that you're going to need the government 's help to raise them. I don't see white conservatives running out to adopt these Black and Latina women's out of wedlock babies.

Bottom line: if you don't want to support these children -- and most of the conservatives here are saying they don't want to support these kids -- logically then you must also start supporting abortion, because these women aren't going to stop breeding anytime soon.

And abortion is the only way, other than forced sterilization of populations deemed undesirable, that you're going to get fewer of these government dependent children to deal with.

Or you can do the only ideologically, pragmatically, and morally consistent thing: be against abortion while still supporting aid to these mothers.

Old 05-21-2021, 11:33 AM

23,648 posts, read 12,569,566 times
Quote:

Make them take birth control or agree to be sterilized. Why not, when with the covid vaccine we're moving into the realm of it's not longer "my body, my choice" if it's "for the greater good".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies