Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2021, 03:40 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
They should recieve money for having their tubes tied.
Bingo

Old 05-18-2021, 04:36 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,993,847 times
It is always the irresponsible people who disavow personal responsibility who get the government money the rest of us pay for.

Old 05-18-2021, 05:08 PM

62,993 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
It’s not hard to behave responsibly 100% of the time, especially if one is actually concerned about not bringing an unwanted child into the world, especially if they can’t afford to feed it.

Adoption is always a possibility so the baby that didn’t have a say can certainly eat...and yes folks should’ve definitely paid attention in health class.

Poor planning on folks part doesn’t constitute folks who plan properly to pay for someone else kid/s. Can’t feed em don’t breed em.
I couldn't agree more! There is no excuse to have kids you can't afford to feed yourself especially when there is so much birth control available. My wife and I had three kids and knew we wouldn't have to rely on the taxpayer to feed them nor would we have had them with that expectation. It is about personal responsibility.

Old 05-18-2021, 05:16 PM

62,993 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lol. So many dramatic excuses.

Get tubal ligation, vasectomy, etc..., if you don’t want to have kids.

Why can’t they take responsible precautions?

So you’re making excuses if abortion isn’t an option, and now you’re making excuses if they don’t want to put the child up for adoption. If they’re going to get an abortion they obviously don’t want the kid, so why wouldn’t they put it up for adoption?

Why don’t you take it upon yourself to pay and find folks to pay for other folks kids and/or take them in? Why do you think it’s everyone else’s responsibility? Only 50% of the country pays taxes. Why should they pay more?
Like you, I'm sick of the excuses and I don't want to pay for anyone else's irresponsible behavior when there are all kind of options out there. Paying for their broods just enables them to continue to act irresponsibly. Not my problem and don't make it so!

Old 05-18-2021, 05:24 PM

23,648 posts, read 12,569,566 times
"Biden’s free-money gambit"
Quote:
The enhanced benefits are temporary, and expire in December. As part of his American Families Plan, Biden wants to extend the tax breaks through 2025. That would be expensive—around $110 billion per year—and Congress might not go that far. But once those payments start to arrive in July, any politician who votes to end them will plainly be on the wrong side of what is sure to be a very popular benefit.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/biden...184216392.html

Democrats buying votes through 2025

Old 05-18-2021, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Like you, I'm sick of the excuses and I don't want to pay for anyone else's irresponsible behavior when there are all kind of options out there. Paying for their broods just enables them to continue to act irresponsibly. Not my problem and don't make it so!
Bingo, and the entitled clowns that defend them are hilarious. If they’re so in favor of paying for and taking care of other folks kids they should donate their time and money to do so.

Old 05-18-2021, 05:40 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Headline of link below:

Child Tax Credit Expansion Kicks In July 15 With Monthly Payments to Families

Excerpts from this link https://www.wsj.com/articles/monthly...15-11621249203 (my italics):

Tens of millions of households will receive up to $250 a month per child between age 6 and 17 and up to $300 per child under age 6, based on their ages at the end of 2021. The payments will be made on the 15th of every month, unless that date falls on a holiday or weekend, the Treasury Department said Monday.

The credit isn’t just larger. Congress made two other changes that effectively convert the credit into a near-universal child allowance. First, it made the credit fully refundable, which means that the entire amount can go to households that don’t make enough money to pay income taxes. Before, $1,400 of the $2,000 credit was refundable.

In addition, Congress ordered the IRS to begin regular payments of the credit, turning the lump-sum refunds during tax season into a routine benefit for 2021. Parents will get half of the credit’s full value over the course of the second half of 2021, shrinking the tax refund they would otherwise get in early 2022.

Democrats have hailed the credit expansion as a historic poverty-fighting effort. President Biden has proposed extending the expanded credit through 2025, while some congressional Democrats have called for making the new rules permanent.
END QUOTED EXCERPTS

When will this enforced and involuntary generosity end?

If the Republicans don't take back the Congress in 2022, then I truly feel and hope that there actually WILL be some kind of revolt!
My youngest is 17. She's worth $250/month for me. I'll be honest, I'll take it. I'd rather not pay more taxes next year.

But realistically? It's just one more way to foster government dependence. I have a feeling it will be extended to next year. Then in future elections, this is the "Obama phone" that motivates people to vote Democrat.

Old 05-18-2021, 05:43 PM

8,272 posts, read 11,000,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I couldn't agree more! There is no excuse to have kids you can't afford to feed yourself especially when there is so much birth control available.
Yes, they gave out birth control in schools.

Oh . . . . the horror.

Old 05-18-2021, 05:52 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,598,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelized Onion View Post
I'm not really seeing the issue. It's the same Child Tax Credit that has been around for a long time. My kids are too old for us to benefit from this, but I don't really care if other families get an extra $300/month per kid in exchange for them not getting the lump-sum child tax credit in April. It will be good for those who are responsible with money (who will use it toward their monthly bills or paying off debt) and not as good for those who count on their tax refunds to buy junk that they can't afford.

Many first-world nations give families a stipend when they have minor children in the home. Nice to see us catching up, I guess. Wish it could have been when I had little ones, as we really could have used the extra money when we were living on one income so I could stay home and care for my young children. I'm sure plenty of young families (both republican and democrat) will also make good use of it, the same way they make good use of public schools, WIC, library storytimes, and various other government-funded programs.
I love coming across educated posts on this board and this right here is nothing but straight facts!!

Old 05-18-2021, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
I love coming across educated posts on this board and this right here is nothing but straight facts!!
Except it’s not the same child tax credit. It’s above and beyond.

As to the bolded, the straight facts are that it’s the definition of entitlement. Other folks aren’t responsible for other folks lifestyle choices...and it teaches kids to be dependent on other folks and the cycle continues, just like we’ve seen happening more and more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies