Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2021, 12:12 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
Yes, he could sue her doctor and everyone involved. Just incomprehensible. According to TX "leaders", forcing people to wear masks is unconstitutional and a human rights violation, but forcing women to carry out pregnancies and raise kids they don't want or can't afford is perfectly fine and justifiable. And once they force those women to have kids they didn't want/can't afford, they'll scream about said women getting "free stuff" and how they shouldn't have kids if they can't afford them. It is sick and I really hope the women of Texas will come out in droves to vote out these malignant, evil morons next year.

Their level of hypocrisy is interesting, isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2021, 12:13 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
If as much time and effort as has been spent on pro-life vs pro choice teaching females how to deal with the pressure put on them by men wanting sex, this would not be an issue.

Much has been said about females keeping their legs together. I have never heard anything about horny men keeping their pants zipped. Or mothers teaching their boys to have some self control.
Of course not. Because women are responsible for men’s behavior and well, boys will be boys. You can’t expect them to control themselves.

Old 09-02-2021, 12:17 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 2 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,600,682 times
Heartbeat is simply the wrong measure for personhood.

It is at least the development of the capacity to feel pain. That doesn't happen until the midpoint of pregnancy.

Of course this assumes you are a believer of some sort. Which not all people believe in Christianity or even any kind of supernaturalism at all. Thus, any decision based even remotely on what the Bible says is practically violating the First Amendment's establishment clause.

4,534 posts, read 4,931,272 times
Conservatives:

'BIG BAD GOOOBERMENT CANT TELL ME WHAT TO DO W MY BODY! SHOVE THOSE.VAXXES WHERE THE SUN DONT SHINE!'

''WE NEED TO DO MODERN DAY WITCH HUNTS FOR ANYONE PROVIDING LEGAL ABORTIONS, BECAUSE WOMEN SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO DO WHAT THEY WANT WITH THEIR BODIES!'

good lord, make up your mind, hypocrites.

4,716 posts, read 8,578,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
If as much time and effort as has been spent on pro-life vs pro choice teaching females how to deal with the pressure put on them by men wanting sex, this would not be an issue.

Much has been said about females keeping their legs together. I have never heard anything about horny men keeping their pants zipped. Or mothers teaching their boys to have some self control.
Yup, this is how you know the whole debate isn't about the fetus. It's about increasing the consequences of sex.

Luckily, I live in a state that provides free contraceptives and subsequently has seen a dramatic reduction in teenage pregnancy.

Old 09-02-2021, 12:18 PM

21,934 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
6 weeks is before many know they’re even pregnant. Maybe Texas should pass out crystal balls?
If you have sex, there is a possibility you could be pregnant. What's wrong with a little personal responsibility? I was able to test a day or two before my period and got a +.

Old 09-02-2021, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
No that would be Biden and the Dems by letting 120,000+ Uneducated illegals pour across our Texas Border every month.

BTW, how many uneducated Afgan refugees is Biden dumping in your state?
Only happening in swing states, don't you know?

Old 09-02-2021, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Heartbeat is simply the wrong measure for personhood.

It is at least the development of the capacity to feel pain. That doesn't happen until the midpoint of pregnancy.

Of course this assumes you are a believer of some sort. Which not all people believe in Christianity or even any kind of supernaturalism at all. Thus, any decision based even remotely on what the Bible says is practically violating the First Amendment's establishment clause.
Especially given that what’s detectable at 6 weeks isn’t even a true heart beat. It’s a Fetal Pole Heartbeat that is nothing more than a flutter in the area where the heart will eventually develop. But reality never stood in the way of a GOP abortion ban.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liv...explained.html

Old 09-02-2021, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Google is your friend. There you will find medical information on dangerous pregnancy conditions.
All I want is one. You talk about these conditions a lot. Maybe you can provide one?

Old 09-02-2021, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
If you have sex, there is a possibility you could be pregnant. What's wrong with a little personal responsibility? I was able to test a day or two before my period and got a +.
And you were likely trying to get pregnant. No one tests before their period if they’re not. And certainly not if they don’t suspect they could be pregnant. I didn’t know with my daughter until I missed my second period since I had bleeding I thought was a period but was implantation bleeding. So I would in modern Taliban Texass be denied an abortion.

Maybe they should pass out free pregnancy tests so ever woman in Texass can test exactly 28 days after their last period? Of course those tests give false negatives, so better to give each women 10 every month just to be sure. I’m sure given the generosity of Texass this will pass with flying colors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies