Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2021, 06:19 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
And I doubt women could be good parents if they were prone to having such serious problems.
But they were able to make the "sane" decision to abort their babies, right?

Are women prone to having "such serious problems" the ones that generally choose abortion? [meaning mentally ill women are more likely to abort than mentally healthy woman ... is that what you mean?]

Or does abortion cause "such serious problems" in a woman's mental health after the fact?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2021, 07:54 AM

18,389 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Right. You believe that abortion doesn't kill and there is nothing alive in the mother's womb.
Quote:
Do you believe anyone who cannot care for themselves independently should be killed if someone else feels like it?
My belief truly matters not, A woman has the right to control her body as she likes. Her wishes trump a fetus. If she wants to “kill it”, terminate it, wish it away that is her right. She can also take her pregnancy to term then keep and raise the baby or give it away. My moral thoughts or opinion on how she conducts herself is not my business at all. I support her choice no matter what it is.

Again being obtuse on purpose? Anyone that wants the job of caring for an infant or disabled or ill person that wants the job can do it. Not so with pregnancy.

Old 05-25-2021, 08:01 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
My belief truly matters not, A woman has the right to control her body as she likes. Her wishes trump a fetus. If she wants to “kill it”, terminate it, wish it away that is her right. She can also take her pregnancy to term then keep and raise the baby or give it away. My moral thoughts or opinion on how she conducts herself is not my business at all. I support her choice no matter what it is.

Again being obtuse on purpose? Anyone that wants the job of caring for an infant or disabled or ill person that wants the job can do it. Not so with pregnancy.
If your belief doesn't matter, why are you posting? Why have you been refusing to admit what abortion is until now? It's refreshing to see you finally post that you believe that abortion "kills it," as you so compassionately say. I was truly beginning to think you were completely unaware that conception creates life.

If a person didn't want the job could they "kill" the person, same as abortion?

Old 05-25-2021, 08:06 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,769,324 times
Quote:
Outlawing slavery has been well respected law and easy to enforce. Unwanted pregnancies will never go away.

I think people looking at history wish Hitler and the Nazis were aborted. Since legal abortion exists in much of the world without great controversy, I don't expect abortion to be looked upon harshly in the future. How mankind has treated survivors of the womb, the born, with hate, evil, violence and misjustice looks far worse to be ashamed of. If babies could choose to be born after knowing all that, I wonder how many would.
It's cute how you think there is no controversy around abortion. Can't see the forest for the trees.

Old 05-25-2021, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Ireland sure didn't. It must help explain why they decided abortion could only be made fully legal up to the 12th week. They came to learn banning all or nearly all abortion doesn't work. We could learn something from them or end up proven fools for not doing so.
Are you okay with limiting abortions here to 12 weeks? That would be progress. Are you onboard with that? If so, why are you interested in or supportive of taking away a woman' right to choose? Shouldn't she have the right to choose up until the baby has passed through the birth canal and has had the cord cut?

Old 05-25-2021, 08:10 AM

Quote:
If your belief doesn't matter, why are you posting? Why have you been refusing to admit what abortion is until now? It's refreshing to see you finally post that you believe that abortion "kills it," as you so compassionately say. I was truly beginning to think you were completely unaware that conception creates life.

If a person didn't want the job could they "kill" the person, same as abortion?
I don’t have an all or nothing idea on abortion. There are many legitimate reasons woman abort. Let me repeat for you I don’t lay the idea on her that she is murdering, nor killing a baby in the same way you do. That is your opinion not mine. Calling her a killer helps no one. As I said I can call abortion anything you want in theory doesn’t mean I feel the same.

If a person doesn’t want to take care of another person already born someone else will. Moving the goal posts of my answer also doesn’t change it.

Old 05-25-2021, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Again your statements are leading and inaccurate.
hothulamaui, let me ask you a question instead.

At what point in a pregnancy do you feel abortions should not be allowed and why?

Old 05-25-2021, 08:13 AM

Quote:
I'd feel far worse hearing a woman always cussing at and slapping around a child to the point of child abuse and neglect she didn't want to have.
So if a women wasn't apt to do that prior to giving birth but became that way after birth with all the stresses, should she be able to kill her born child? After all it has become an inconvenience for her and you really have no concern about other people's business. Shouldn't she be able to do what she wants to do?

Old 05-25-2021, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
hothulamaui, let me ask you a question instead.

At what point in a pregnancy do you feel abortions should not be allowed and why?
I support the law as it is. It has built in restrictions now as to viability. Btw no woman gets an abortion as the “baby is in the birth canal”. Late term abortion are done for serious life threatening reasons of the mother or child. You can’t go into a docs office at 7 or 8 months and abort a healthy baby.

Old 05-25-2021, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Again I support RvW as it is now. Again I can call abortion anything you want doesn’t make it true nor sway my position.
Quote:
Not the same. A dependent fetus in utero is not the same as a person already born and living life independent of the womb.
Quote:

Why do you support taking away a woman's right to choose?

What business is it of your's what someone does with their body?

Why do you change your view on abortion if an unborn baby is not a baby and just a mass of cells until after it sees daylight itself?

You are contradicting yourself all over the place now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies