Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2021, 11:35 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, then maybe doctors and medical providers should start acting like Americans!!

American citizens do have a duty as citizens...some may have forgotten this.
If you are suggesting that doctor's provide abortions in violation of the law, wouldn't that put their medical license in jeopardy? That's a pretty big ask imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2021, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I don’t recall hearing anything about HIPAA laws being repealed, yet you are suggesting here that an institutional breach of HIPAA will occur in Texas.

This is what we call hysteria.
The law spells out exactly what records a Dr. has to keep in order to present an affirmative defense to a law suit.

Do you believe the state is requiring that data be kept if it does not intend for it to be presented in a court in the event of a suit?

Old 09-06-2021, 11:56 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
The law spells out exactly what records a Dr. has to keep in order to present an affirmative defense to a law suit.

Do you believe the state is requiring that data be kept if it does not intend for it to be presented in a court in the event of a suit?
There are a number of situations in which a court can introduce medical documentation during the course of a lawsuit. There always has been.

That’s not at all what I was responding to. I was responding to the idea that medical professionals in this state are going to go rogue and institutionally break federal HIPAA laws in pursuit of going after abortion seekers.

Do YOU see that happening?

Old 09-06-2021, 12:02 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Texas has a plethora of programs for low income children and families. It’s shameful to state otherwise.

https://www.hhs.texas.gov/services/h...ldren-families
Texas' welfare programs are woefully inadequate compared to other states. I work in the medical field in both Texas and Alaska and am very familiar with the requirements of these. The income requirements are so low a family must be way below the poverty line to be eligible. Even then, there are few Medicaid providers families can see due to low reimbursements.

Old 09-06-2021, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Texas' welfare programs are woefully inadequate compared to other states. I work in the medical field in both Texas and Alaska and am very familiar with the requirements of these. The income requirements are so low a family must be way below the poverty line to be eligible. Even then, there are few Medicaid providers families can see due to low reimbursements.
So now the programs that you previously said were “non-existent” are actually there, and your updated assertion is that they aren’t helpful ENOUGH.

Please don’t hurt yourself moving these heavy goal posts down the field, k?

Old 09-06-2021, 12:13 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,661,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
People don`t want to know what actully happens when a baby is aborted. Maybe they should find out.....it isn`t pretty.
A woman having and raising a baby she doesn't want is much uglier.

Old 09-06-2021, 12:18 PM

Quote:
There are a number of situations in which a court can introduce medical documentation during the course of a lawsuit. There always has been.

That’s not at all what I was responding to. I was responding to the idea that medical professionals in this state are going to go rogue and institutionally break federal HIPAA laws in pursuit of going after abortion seekers.

Do YOU see that happening?
Whether its through a violation of HIPAA or through a legally sanctioned process, the end result will be a violation of the fundamental right to privacy for each woman for whom a suit is filed.

So, for however long it lasts, there will be a war waged on women in the state of Texas.

What I expect is happening as we speak is that lawyers are figuring out how to get this law before the Supremes and that when they do it will be slapped down using Roe v Wade.

Then what we will be left with is some number of women whose lives have been irreparably damaged by Republicans and the stench that will be left on the Republican Party.

Again way to go Texan republicans!

Old 09-06-2021, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Whether its through a violation of HIPAA or through a legally sanctioned process, the end result will be a violation of the fundamental right to privacy for each woman for whom a suit is filed.

So, for however long it lasts, there will be a war waged on women in the state of Texas.

What I expect is happening as we speak is that lawyers are figuring out how to get this law before the Supremes and that when they do it will be slapped down using Roe v Wade.

Then what we will be left with is some number of women whose lives have been irreparably damaged by Republicans and the stench that will be left on the Republican Party.

Again way to go Texan republicans!
Ok then. Another vote for “the medical community will go rogue and violate HIPAA”.

Next?

Old 09-06-2021, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Ok then. Another vote for “the medical community will go rogue and violate HIPAA”.

Next?
Yeah because that is what I said.....not.

Old 09-06-2021, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Yeah because that is what I said.....not.

Yes, you *did* say that. It’s right here;

Quote:
!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies