Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2021, 12:06 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
You said "vested interest, especially a financial one". Are you saying he didn't have any interest in taking Trump out?

So, there's nothing. Can you even post links to discredit Maryman or his business for fudging investigations for money?
I don't take the word of Strzok at face value any more than anyone else, no. Did he have a personal interest in Trump not being President? Seems so. Strzok is not the FBI and he didn't operate in a vacuum even when he worked there.

I don't need to discredit Maryman. He's the one that needs to provide the evidence, not the other way around.

Yes, DailyMail allegedly got a copy from Bannon, Bannon allegedly got a copy from Giuliani who allegedly got a copy from MacIsaac. As I said, where's the chain of custody? How does Maryman know the source of the data he looked was legit? He doesn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2021, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfountain View Post
Maybe, maybe not. But either way, there is no chain of custody and nothing that says the HDD on the laptop was Hunters, or wasn't planted or is fake. And I'm not even going to go into the ex FBI agent hired by a muck raking tabloid newspaper in the UK.... I'll wait for the FBI themselves to weigh in before I am convinced this isn't all a massive smear campaign by Trumps 'fixer'. More easily misled souls can think what they like.

Old 05-21-2021, 05:30 PM

23,626 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I don't take the word of Strzok at face value any more than anyone else, no. Did he have a personal interest in Trump not being President? Seems so. Strzok is not the FBI and he didn't operate in a vacuum even when he worked there.
Many on the left were all in his corner, see the master russia russia russia thread.
If he was working for the FBI at the time then yes, he was the FBI.
Quote:
I don't need to discredit Maryman. He's the one that needs to provide the evidence, not the other way around.

Yes, DailyMail allegedly got a copy from Bannon, Bannon allegedly got a copy from Giuliani who allegedly got a copy from MacIsaac. As I said, where's the chain of custody? How does Maryman know the source of the data he looked was legit? He doesn't.
The report lists out his findings, maybe you should read it.

So, if a 29 year vet of the FBI in security and helped found the FBI cyber forensics unit, using the same "forensic tools as federal and state law enforcement in criminal investigations" to examine the hard drive, cannot tell if what he's looking at is legit or not, then, why believe the FBI or anyone, on anything?

Old 05-21-2021, 05:45 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
That poster probably made a typo.
It was authenticated by a company that was founded and run by a 29-year veteran of the FBI, who'd "served as a Chief Information Security Officer and founded the bureau's cyber forensics unit".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-revealed.html
Not Crowdstrike?

Old 05-21-2021, 05:48 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Strzok had a financial interest in......?

This is nonsensical in the context of my response.

No, they're not. I read it back in April when it was actually news, and I read it again now.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/...english/obtuse

Old 05-21-2021, 05:51 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
you're either happy with the former FBI Director sending $100K of palm grease to benefit from Biden post-Obama, or you're not.

That's the story.

Old 05-21-2021, 06:08 PM

23,626 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Not Crowdstrike?
Left field?

Old 05-22-2021, 06:53 AM

19,808 posts, read 9,367,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
you're either happy with the former FBI Director sending $100K of palm grease to benefit from Biden post-Obama, or you're not.

That's the story.
Again, I cannot imagine ANYONE saying that this kind of thing is okay. IMO, this absolutely stinks!

Old 05-22-2021, 08:19 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
The FBI is a 'for hire' organization, available to anyone that can afford the cost, they will even come up with the cover story and justification for doing what they are hired to do.

Old 05-22-2021, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Many on the left were all in his corner, see the master russia russia russia thread.
If he was working for the FBI at the time then yes, he was the FBI.
No, that's just stupid.

Quote:
The report lists out his findings, maybe you should read it.

So, if a 29 year vet of the FBI in security and helped found the FBI cyber forensics unit, using the same "forensic tools as federal and state law enforcement in criminal investigations" to examine the hard drive, cannot tell if what he's looking at is legit or not, then, why believe the FBI or anyone, on anything?
Because his findings were that he could see "no evidence of tampering" or something similar, as I recall.

That does not, in any way, speak to the source of the data - if I hand you a hard drive and say "This is a hard drive from Donald Trump." saying the data doesn't appear to have been modified or tampered with in no way evaluates whether the source of the data was actually Donald Trump or not.

I would have thought that was pretty obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies