Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 07:08 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
True...deflecting back to partisan politics when the question needs to be who is taking action now and finding solutions to these problems of inequality?
What problems of inequality are you referring to?

Old 05-25-2021, 07:11 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,920,137 times
of white Republicans surveyed today? I believe that.

Old 05-25-2021, 07:14 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmergencyTacos911_ View Post
No but as a country they were barred from playing the game for a while. It wasn’t until the 60s that they were actually allowed to play along. They just had to dodge drugs being sent to their communities and the war on drugs that came after(which targeted blacks).
Drugs were in every community.

Old 05-25-2021, 07:15 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,770,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Interesting……America is the land of opportunity…..some people need a kick in the ARSE

Nearly 80% of white Republicans say America has done enough to help Black people

A new Axios-Ipsos poll has revealed that White Republicans believe enough has been done for Black Americans in the fight against racism. The results come in just one year after the death of George Floyd, reported by Mediaite.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nearly-80...214200545.html
What's wrong with the other 20%?

Old 05-25-2021, 07:23 PM

2,047 posts, read 859,139 times
I do think in many ways the black community needs to look inward for real change, but that said, they have been pushed aside in many ways as well. Al I know, instead, if America was so racist why does half the world want to risk their lives to come here? And when they do come here they find no matter how hard it is they end up thriving ? Every race, from everywhere, all around the world comes here and you don’t hear a peep from them. They just go to work, start businesses, go to school, and etc etc.

Blacks are literally the only ones this hasn’t yet happened for.

Old 05-25-2021, 07:27 PM

5,862 posts, read 3,301,312 times
This just in 90% of Democrats believe we should do more for black people for infinity. BTW that will never be enough. Complain complain complain and then complain some more. It's never enough. It will never be enough. Perpetual victims.

Last edited by retiredcop111; 05-25-2021 at 07:52 PM..

Old 05-25-2021, 07:42 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,902,712 times
Over the past 60 years, blacks have received tens of trillions in welfare, food stamps, free education, grants to black colleges, corporate and government aid to black college students, home loan programs, and all manner of state, local, federal, and corporate handouts.

Yes, other races get some of these too. But blacks get way more money per capita, partially because blacks are poorer to begin with, but also because they're black.

Then there's all the affirmative action, hiring quotas (even if they no longer call them quotas, but "diversity" hiring), and tons of goodwill.

For decades, Hollywood has filled TV and movie screens with positive black role models: responsible black fathers (as opposed to goofy white sitcom dads); faithful black husbands; smart, nerdy black children; tough on crime black judges and police officers; and wise black mentors.

Whites desperately want blacks to succeed. Do blacks think that whites enjoy being afraid of black crime, or having to avoid black neighborhoods, or paying for black prison incarceration?

Yet despite decades of goodwill and tens of trillions of dollars, black Americans seem largely unable to uplift themselves. Other immigrants of color enter the country, and leapfrog over blacks. Here in Los Angeles, every time I call for a plumber or auto-mechanic, a Latino arrives. Probably the son of immigrants, and already earning good money in a skilled trade. His son will probably be a lawyer or realtor. (The most recent times I hired a lawyer or realtor, they were Latinos.)

Even African immigrants leapfrog over black Americans in economic terms.

So yes, I can understand why, after so many decades of assistance, with so little to show for it, so many whites have become frustrated with helping black Americans "overcome racism."

Old 05-25-2021, 07:53 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Interesting……America is the land of opportunity…..some people need a kick in the ARSE

Nearly 80% of white Republicans say America has done enough to help Black people

A new Axios-Ipsos poll has revealed that White Republicans believe enough has been done for Black Americans in the fight against racism. The results come in just one year after the death of George Floyd, reported by Mediaite.

Well, I disagree with how said persons feel. It is certainly not going to make me want to vote Republican. All I see is a bunch of smugness.

Old 05-25-2021, 07:53 PM

2,082 posts, read 925,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
Over the past 60 years, blacks have received tens of trillions in welfare, food stamps, free education, grants to black colleges, corporate and government aid to black college students, home loan programs, and all manner of state, local, federal, and corporate handouts.

Yes, other races get some of these too. But blacks get way more money per capita, partially because blacks are poorer to begin with, but also because they're black.

Then there's all the affirmative action, hiring quotas (even if they no longer call them quotas, but "diversity" hiring), and tons of goodwill.

For decades, Hollywood has filled TV and movie screens with positive black role models: responsible black fathers (as opposed to goofy white sitcom dads); faithful black husbands; smart, nerdy black children; tough on crime black judges and police officers; and wise black mentors.

Whites desperately want blacks to succeed. Do blacks think that whites enjoy being afraid of black crime, or having to avoid black neighborhoods, or paying for black prison incarceration?

Yet despite decades of goodwill and tens of trillions of dollars, black Americans seem largely unable to uplift themselves. Other immigrants of color enter the country, and leapfrog over blacks. Here in Los Angeles, every time I call for a plumber or auto-mechanic, a Latino arrives. Probably the son of immigrants, and already earning good money in a skilled trade. His son will probably be a lawyer or realtor. (The most recent times I hired a lawyer or realtor, they were Latinos.)

Even African immigrants leapfrog over black Americans in economic terms.

So yes, I can understand why, after so many decades of assistance, with so little to show for it, so many whites have become frustrated with helping black Americans "overcome racism."

Very good post, thumbs up

Democrats want blacks to perpetually be beholding to them, that’s what keeps them in power, Trump and Kanye West pointed these truths out and were ridiculed as a racist or Uncle Tom.

Old 05-25-2021, 07:54 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,993,405 times
Quote:

People who take personal responsibility for their lives should not be forced to support people who don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies