Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2021, 12:09 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
True...deflecting back to partisan politics when the question needs to be who is taking action now and finding solutions to these problems of inequality?
What problems of inequality?

Old 05-26-2021, 12:11 PM

8,244 posts, read 3,499,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
One of my favorite quotes is "If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime." - Mathew 4:19.

I think many of the frustrations that 80% of Americans experience can be tied to this quote.
That's your favorite quote? Matthew 4:19 doesn't say anything like that.

"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men."

Old 05-26-2021, 12:16 PM

21,952 posts, read 9,517,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
I do think in many ways the black community needs to look inward for real change, but that said, they have been pushed aside in many ways as well. Al I know, instead, if America was so racist why does half the world want to risk their lives to come here? And when they do come here they find no matter how hard it is they end up thriving ? Every race, from everywhere, all around the world comes here and you don’t hear a peep from them. They just go to work, start businesses, go to school, and etc etc.

Blacks are literally the only ones this hasn’t yet happened for.
It's hard to be successful when you keep burning your neighborhoods down. It's called cutting off your nose to spite your face. Most people know how dumb it is.

Old 05-26-2021, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
Over the past 60 years, blacks have received tens of trillions in welfare, food stamps, free education, grants to black colleges, corporate and government aid to black college students, home loan programs, and all manner of state, local, federal, and corporate handouts.

Yes, other races get some of these too. But blacks get way more money per capita, partially because blacks are poorer to begin with, but also because they're black.

Then there's all the affirmative action, hiring quotas (even if they no longer call them quotas, but "diversity" hiring), and tons of goodwill.

For decades, Hollywood has filled TV and movie screens with positive black role models: responsible black fathers (as opposed to goofy white sitcom dads); faithful black husbands; smart, nerdy black children; tough on crime black judges and police officers; and wise black mentors.

Whites desperately want blacks to succeed.
Do blacks think that whites enjoy being afraid of black crime, or having to avoid black neighborhoods, or paying for black prison incarceration?

Yet despite decades of goodwill and tens of trillions of dollars, black Americans seem largely unable to uplift themselves. Other immigrants of color enter the country, and leapfrog over blacks. Here in Los Angeles, every time I call for a plumber or auto-mechanic, a Latino arrives. Probably the son of immigrants, and already earning good money in a skilled trade. His son will probably be a lawyer or realtor. (The most recent times I hired a lawyer or realtor, they were Latinos.)

Even African immigrants leapfrog over black Americans in economic terms.

So yes, I can understand why, after so many decades of assistance, with so little to show for it, so many whites have become frustrated with helping black Americans "overcome racism."
I kind of used to feel this way but I am kind of over it now.

Old 05-26-2021, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmergencyTacos911_ View Post
When republicans start caring about issues that black folks actually care about, then they might start getting votes...
Oh, please, PLEASE tell us what issues are those?

Old 05-26-2021, 12:21 PM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
Your culture had to be rebuilt from scratch because it was ripped from you.
My culture is American culture.

The only thing ripped from blacks was empowerment, by Democrats insisting blacks need welfare to prosper.

Old 05-26-2021, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Reparations, now is the time..............THAT bold move will level
the playing-field.
So there’s a price tag on self-victimization? Nice.

We knew Democrats could bribe blacks for votes, but this is absurd.

How does reparations solve black on black violence, black out of wedlock birthrate, black obesity rate, black education rates, etc.

Old 05-26-2021, 12:27 PM

2,419 posts, read 2,990,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
How is a black neighborhood with a highway through it even a bad thing? Black people use them too.
It destroys much of the neighborhood. It displaces people, businesses, churches. It often doesn't have exits for the neighborhood. It devalues property even more.
https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2...can-inequality

Old 05-26-2021, 12:30 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,835,754 times
Quote:
Highways were used in los angeles to segregate communities. It’s a historical fact here.
So these highways were unnecessary for travel? They were built, unneeded, specifically to divide communities?

Old 05-26-2021, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Define ‘American Culture’.
And tell me why black culture is ‘backwards’...
Black conservatives emphasize traditionalism, patriotism, self-sufficiency, individualism, and strong cultural and social conservatism. That’s American culture right there.

Black culture is “backwards” because we are monolithic and want Democrats to save us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies