Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2021, 12:31 PM

24,647 posts, read 9,472,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
It destroys much of the neighborhood. It displaces people, businesses, churches. It often doesn't have exits for the neighborhood. It devalues property even more.
https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2...can-inequality
But white people are racist, blacks should be happy to be separated from them.

Are you telling me the evil racist white people aren’t so bad after all?

Old 05-26-2021, 12:32 PM

73,038 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
So it will forever be out of balance? I mean we can't change history, so there will never be a balance here??

Are you sure that its a clean slate for every American??? Are Black American's the only race with an axe to grind?

The way I see it. The Victim card has an expiration date. Many have already turned theirs in and they are better off for it.... Just the way I see it!
From my perspective, there will be an imbalance for years to come. You call it a victim card. I call it cynicism. I call it the sad reality. We cannot change history. Sad thing is, the phrase "Ignorance is bliss" applies quite heavily. The more you know, the more cynical you become.

To be honest, all Americans would need a clean slate. Maybe then there would be a different narrative involved. Blacks might not be the only one with an axe to grind, but the history of Black Americans is such that it stands out from anyone else. En masse, the only group brought to America against their will, the only group in the USA that was classified as property and not humans. Black Americans had to fight to be considered humans, and then it was a fight to be free, then a fight to be treated like equal citizens.

All of this will be a factor in how some people see themselves vis a vis the rest of America. Alot of people tend to view America, and themselves through their own experiences.

Old 05-26-2021, 12:33 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,835,754 times
Quote:
It destroys much of the neighborhood. It displaces people, businesses, churches. It often doesn't have exits for the neighborhood. It devalues property even more.
Once again, they are built in all neighborhoods, not just black neighborhoods.

Old 05-26-2021, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Once again, they are built in all neighborhoods, not just black neighborhoods.
Don’t worry, just blame it on imaginary oppression.

When white people leave, it’s white flight, when white people come, it’s gentrification.

Being white is simply racist no matter what.

Old 05-26-2021, 12:40 PM

588 posts, read 225,457 times
Regardless of race, you can only help those who want to help themselves.

Old 05-26-2021, 12:41 PM

13,286 posts, read 8,463,474 times
80% are racist. Wow. Not sure I'd want to be associated with that group.
I tend to acknowledge racism has been occuring during each decade of population changes.
My way of lowering that behavior of mind and action is to re evaluate and adjust my outward actions. I sure as heavens don't participate in racial rallies such as done by the KKK, white supremacists or militia groups.
Sad that a poll was even done to perpetuate and revive some folks radical views.

Old 05-26-2021, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmergencyTacos911_ View Post
They gutted minority neighborhoods while white folks fled the cities. This is the era when cities were neglected and suburbs were popular.
That’s a good thing. No more white people around to blame for your problems or call the police.

If blacks can’t function without being around white people, we should probably stop calling them evil and racist every five seconds

Old 05-26-2021, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
80% are racist. Wow. Not sure I'd want to be associated with that group.
I tend to acknowledge racism has been occuring during each decade of population changes.
My way of lowering that behavior of mind and action is to re evaluate and adjust my outward actions. I sure as heavens don't participate in racial rallies such as done by the KKK, white supremacists or militia groups.
Sad that a poll was even done to perpetuate and revive some folks radical views.
Wow, so courageous and brave.

When will you be donating your paycheck to BLM and future reparations?

Old 05-26-2021, 12:45 PM

13,607 posts, read 4,937,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Interesting……America is the land of opportunity…..some people need a kick in the ARSE

Nearly 80% of white Republicans say America has done enough to help Black people

A new Axios-Ipsos poll has revealed that White Republicans believe enough has been done for Black Americans in the fight against racism. The results come in just one year after the death of George Floyd, reported by Mediaite.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nearly-80...214200545.html
Who needs a kick in the arse, white Republicans? A minority of people in this country are white republicans; why should I care what they think about blacks?

Old 05-26-2021, 12:46 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,835,754 times
Quote:
The article cited is written from a black perspective, discovering racism in situations where cost was most likely the deciding factor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies