Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2021, 07:35 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Now the Republicans are trying to keep the country together by not balkanizing the people into separate "tribes" that have conflicting interests like the Democrats have been doing for decades.
The Democrats divide the people against each other for political gain. The more angst and intra societal strife and mistrust there is, the more people will feel like helpless victims. Democrats instill fear, envy and distrust, to set themselves up as the greater than thou arbitrators. “Vote for me, because only I know how to protect you and keep the hordes of barbarians at the gates."

Hell, according to the Democrats you can't even trust the police to protect you, just the Democrat politicians. Oh and coming soon, you cannot even trust the Supreme Court to look out for your interests, so the dems need to stack the courts with DEMOCRAT justices. See how it works? Give the dems all the power they want, or you will never be safe; the barbarians will get you otherwise.

Old 05-26-2021, 07:45 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,665,751 times
I don't know if they have done enough or not.. but for some, there will never be enough and for others.. they don't need anything. Of course that can be said of any race or creed..

Old 05-26-2021, 08:49 AM

1,411 posts, read 1,002,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
If we have have laws making racial discrimination illegal, and equal opportunity laws, etc... and these laws are enforced, what else do we need to do? Or do people think we can somehow end all racism, bigotry, prejudism?
We want the government to go inside every white person's brain and force them to end racism.

I'm just joking, I don't know what else my fellow blacks want. No matter what, everyone will not like everyone. Life isn't a Disney movie.

Old 05-26-2021, 10:17 AM

73,041 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
We want the government to go inside every white person's brain and force them to end racism.

I'm just joking, I don't know what else my fellow blacks want. No matter what, everyone will not like everyone. Life isn't a Disney movie.
I get the joke.

It would be nice if everyone liked us. Or at the very least, Black people weren't looked down on or complained about so much. It certainly doesn't do my mental health any good to have to think about it in the first place.

Old 05-26-2021, 10:32 AM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is how I see is. For everyone else, America is a clean slate. For Black Americans, we're the only people who came here under duress.
Wrong.

Jews don’t flee their home countries under duress? Maybe you should learn about the Holocaust or history of Israel. The difference is Jews figured out they can outsmart their opponents through education and entrepreneurship, instead of begging them for welfare and handouts.

The descendants of slaves who arrived in Haiti, Cuba, and Brazil had it far worse and continue to have it far worse than the descendants of slaves in America. African Americans won the lottery and many African Americans owned their own slaves.

Do I expect us African Americans to ever be on the levels of Jews, Asian Americans, and African immigrants? No. Because our culture is far too backwards. But do I expect African Americans to stop blaming white people for all our problems in a first world developed country? Yes. This isn’t Somalia or the Congo, there are ways to prosper, just pick one and stop whining.

Last edited by Rocko20; 05-26-2021 at 10:44 AM..

Old 05-26-2021, 10:37 AM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
America has done enough to help everybody. It is our turn to do something for this beautiful country that we call HOME.

Old 05-26-2021, 10:44 AM

2,419 posts, read 2,990,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
The 1960's was a LONG time ago.
You must be very young. The 60s were NOT a long time ago when it comes to generational wealth. There are a great many people alive today who suffered from red lining. Keeping blacks out of suburbs and building highways through black neighborhoods and dividing them still affect them today. Haven't you ever driven though inner city black neighborhoods? Ever wonder about them? Red lining isn't legal today, but predatory lending is a problem. 50 years isn't much time to correct this.

Old 05-26-2021, 10:47 AM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
You must be very young. The 60s were NOT a long time ago when it comes to generational wealth. There are a great many people alive today who suffered from red lining. Keeping blacks out of suburbs and building highways through black neighborhoods and dividing them still affect them today. Haven't you ever driven though inner city black neighborhoods? Ever wonder about them? Red lining isn't legal today, but predatory lending is a problem. 50 years isn't much time to correct this.
Wow, maybe if we didn’t destroy and shoot up our own neighborhoods, leaving them wouldn’t be such an accomplishment.

“White man, you’re racist, now can I please live next to you? You’re evil and racist but your neighborhoods are still so much better than ours. And if you move away from me that’s racist.”

Old 05-26-2021, 10:48 AM

26,430 posts, read 46,607,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Unlike the liberals… we don’t treat them as children who need our guidance 24/7. Nor do we try and make them feel like they’re being victimized by everything under the sun ( to get their votes). Once the left gets enough illegals into the country… they’ll throw the blacks back under the bus.
Says the person that lives in France. Why do the politics of the US concern you if you left?

Old 05-26-2021, 10:49 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
So here is the poll choice

Poll respondents were asked to pick between these two statements: “Our country needs to continue making changes to give Black Americans equal rights with white Americans” and “Our country has made the changes needed to give Black Americans equal rights with white Americans.”

Given that choice, I would have to agree with the position most republicans have. That doesnt however mean there aren't racists and that we are all good now. BUT we are talking about national policy changes, in a political climate where" change" means absolutely insane progressive stupidity.

Ask that question in a different way, with a different national political climate you will get a different answer.

FOR INSTANCE. When Trump was president, he got laws passed that reformed criminal penalties that were racist. Republicans werent mad about that. They championed that. He got people out of jail who were there because they were black. Republicans werent mad about that. He got tax code changes that incentivized businesses to invest in underserved minority communities and create jobs in places that have been neglected. Republicans were happy about that.

More things like that, in a political climate that rejects the insanity that has become the left are well recognized as needed. BUT there is no giving of a single inch to the insanity of the left. They claim they want to fix what is broken but they use wrecking balls where construction is needed.

THIS IS A REJECTION OF THE LEFT. It isn't a statement of racial hatred as Axios and the left want you to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies