Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2021, 09:13 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,616,966 times

Advertisements

Should China be allowed to get away with killing so many people, just so US retailers can continue to sell Chinese goods and so US manufacturers can still have their stuff made in China? HELL NO imo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2021, 09:20 AM

18,469 posts, read 8,298,361 times
You didn't open the link and read the very first post in this thread, did you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...rus-came-from-
nature
The fact that nobody's pinpointed the source for the new coronavirus isn't particularly unusual, adds Garry. It can take years to figure out a source; the natural source of the Ebola virus remains a mystery, for example. But he thinks it's out there: "It's just a matter of time before we find the progenitor in a bat or some other species."

Ian Lipkin, at the Mailman School of Public Health at Columbia University, is another researcher who's taken a hard look at the genetics of this virus. He says that there's no evidence for human manipulation. In fact, the way the virus infects people is so quirky, he thinks it couldn't have been made in a lab.

Old 05-29-2021, 09:23 AM

2,047 posts, read 859,695 times
We will never know for sure if China released the virus intentionally or not. HOWEVER, What we Do know for absolute 100% certainty, is that even after they knew the virus was out, deadly and exploding, they took measures to prevent it from spreading within their own country while sending tens of thousands of infected Chinese to travel about the world who intentionally spread it.

To me, that is 100% equivalent to them having released the virus on purpose. They were like, “oh, well the virus is out so we might as well take advantage of it and just go ahead and spread it everywhere in the world.”

They must pay for this!! And I’m talking something to the tune of setting them back economically about 30 to 50 years.

Old 05-29-2021, 09:36 AM

13,620 posts, read 4,940,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Study shows that Chinese scientists did create the Covid virus while working on a Gain of Function project in the Wuhan lab....

EXCLUSIVE: COVID-19 'has NO credible natural ancestor' and WAS created by Chinese scientists who then tried to cover their tracks with 'retro-engineering' to make it seem like it naturally arose from bats, explosive new study claims

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dy-claims.html
It is possible that the virus was created in a Chinese lab. I have no bias one way or another on that question, except for Occam's Razor: the simplest explanation is that it came from bats.

My only problem is that the Daily Mail is a tabloid, prone to sensationalism and that the article they quote was published in Quarterly Review of Biophysics Discovery. Why not publish in one of the many journals devoted to virology or infectious disease? In fact, for such a momentous discovery, I might expect to see it in Nature or other prestigious journal.

Again, not saying it's not true, but the fact that the chose to publish in an obscure journal devoted to biophysics, rather than virology or molecular biology, makes me a bit skeptical.

Old 05-29-2021, 09:41 AM

2,355 posts, read 1,154,034 times
Boycott China....in all things.

Old 05-29-2021, 09:50 AM

43,142 posts, read 18,306,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
It is possible that the virus was created in a Chinese lab. I have no bias one way or another on that question, except for Occam's Razor: the simplest explanation is that it came from bats.

My only problem is that the Daily Mail is a tabloid, prone to sensationalism and that the article they quote was published in Quarterly Review of Biophysics Discovery. Why not publish in one of the many journals devoted to virology or infectious disease? In fact, for such a momentous discovery, I might expect to see it in Nature or other prestigious journal.

Again, not saying it's not true, but the fact that the chose to publish in an obscure journal devoted to biophysics, rather than virology or molecular biology, makes me a bit skeptical.
Go back a few more years....2014 or so. They were doing gain of function experimentation in NC with bats and mice. The bat lady from Wuhan and one of our scientists. They created a frankenvirus using a bat and mouse.
That frankenvirus was able to attack human lung cells. Then the USG put a halt to that. Bat lady went back to China. Do you honestly think they destroyed all that work they did here ? Or maybe Bat Lady took it all with her back to China and the USG continued to fund the research through third party means....

Old 05-29-2021, 10:06 AM

Bingo....That's exactly what they did

When "gain of function" was made illegal here....Fauci continued to fund their research by funneling it through the non-profit EcoHealth Alliance

...a version of money laundering....third party means

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Go back a few more years....2014 or so. They were doing gain of function experimentation in NC with bats and mice. The bat lady from Wuhan and one of our scientists. They created a frankenvirus using a bat and mouse.
That frankenvirus was able to attack human lung cells. Then the USG put a halt to that. Bat lady went back to China. Do you honestly think they destroyed all that work they did here ? Or maybe Bat Lady took it all with her back to China and the USG continued to fund the research through third party means....

Old 05-29-2021, 10:07 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,798,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
We will never know for sure if China released the virus intentionally or not. HOWEVER, What we Do know for absolute 100% certainty, is that even after they knew the virus was out, deadly and exploding, they took measures to prevent it from spreading within their own country while sending tens of thousands of infected Chinese to travel about the world who intentionally spread it.

To me, that is 100% equivalent to them having released the virus on purpose. They were like, “oh, well the virus is out so we might as well take advantage of it and just go ahead and spread it everywhere in the world.”

They must pay for this!! And I’m talking something to the tune of setting them back economically about 30 to 50 years.
This is so true. We sat through endless press conferences where the media railed at Trump for not acting sooner, but no one has been holding China to the same standard. Had THEY acted sooner, it might have been contained. Sure, Trump should have closed the borders back in January--no question. But China's borders back in November (or whenever)...if they closed those, they could have saved the world. And they are a brutal dictatorship so preventing their people from leaving is within their skill set. Yet they didn't. Why?

Old 05-29-2021, 10:12 AM

because of China honor....I don't remember China ever admitting to any mistakes....just the opposite

...anyone that shames China....disappears

Old 05-29-2021, 10:19 AM

Report Suggests Dr. Anthony Fauci Believed Experimenting on Contagious Viruses Worth the Risk of a Lab Accident

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-lab-accident/

-----------------

Fauci: I Trust Scientists in China to Be Truthful and Forthcoming on COVID Origins

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021...covid-origins/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies