Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2021, 12:22 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Hahaha, to you, sure. I never said I whip it out ever and shoot people.

Of course y'all are jealous you can't have guns like us.
Dude, try comprehending my posts. I live here. I don’t need to wave around a gun. That’s for insecure folks.

Old 06-11-2021, 12:23 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Says the fragile thing butting its head into a discussion between others. Since you've made free to critique my posts let me say that I've never found you to post anything but superficial drive-by's. It seems like you're afraid of debate and can't put an argument together. Drop a shallow crack and then flee.
What’s to debate? Your posts have nothing debatable. Shrug.

Old 06-11-2021, 12:29 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,671,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Dude, try comprehending my posts. I live here. I don’t need to wave around a gun. That’s for insecure folks.
Neither do I, as I just said. But I like having them.

Old 06-11-2021, 12:30 PM

2,953 posts, read 993,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
What’s to debate? Your posts have nothing debatable. Shrug.
You just made my case. Can I look forward to you ignoring my posts in the future? If not then I'll be returning here to quote you.

Old 06-11-2021, 12:52 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,029,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
$235 a month for a plan that has paid out well over $250,000 and still counting is "astronomical"? That's like $115 per person per month.

Can you carry a gun anywhere? A handgun? I can walk out my door and legally fire my weapon on my property, and take it anywhere with me concealed or not. Can you do that?

And I read up on this, if you call someone a slur you can go to jail. WTF? I don't condone that, of course, but you don't even have freedom of speech.

We told y'all to take a hike and started our own thing in the name of freedom, read up on it.

Enjoy rainy, cold, small England. Glad you love the government controlling your health.
Your post is full of stereotypical nonsense and US propaganda, there is no truth to any of it!

Yes it is 'astronomical', over 15 years we've had far more than $250,000 worth of treatment and its cost a LOT less than that too!

Are you seriously saying you can legally shoot innocent people! I don't think so, and yes you can shoot a gun on your property here, and obviously you can take it to places you're going to use it!

You DON'T go to jail for calling someone a slur, don't be ridiculous!

Even the 'rain' thing is stereotypical nonsense, New York, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Berlin for example ALL get more rain than London!! Its going to get to 30 deg C here over the next two days, is that 'hot enough' for you?

https://stephenliddell.co.uk/2018/01...-a-rainy-city/
https://www.currentresults.com/Weath...est-cities.php
https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2643743

Like I said the government DO NOT control my health because unlike you I have choices.

Oh hang on...............yes England is 'small'!! so what? That IS the only thing you posted thats true lol.

Old 06-11-2021, 01:20 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Your post is full of stereotypical nonsense and US propaganda, there is no truth to any of it!

Yes it is 'astronomical', over 15 years we've had far more than $250,000 worth of treatment and its cost a LOT less than that too!

Are you seriously saying you can legally shoot innocent people! I don't think so, and yes you can shoot a gun on your property here, and obviously you can take it to places you're going to use it!

You DON'T go to jail for calling someone a slur, don't be ridiculous!

Even the 'rain' thing is stereotypical nonsense, New York, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Berlin for example ALL get more rain than London!! Its going to get to 30 deg C here over the next two days, is that 'hot enough' for you?

https://stephenliddell.co.uk/2018/01...-a-rainy-city/
https://www.currentresults.com/Weath...est-cities.php
https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2643743

Like I said the government DO NOT control my health because unlike you I have choices.

Oh hang on...............yes England is 'small'!! so what? That IS the only thing you posted thats true lol.
Jesus, dude. Take a deep breath. Or five.

Old 06-11-2021, 01:25 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
My husband recently retired at age 74. He finally fully enrolled in Medicare as his employer’s group plan coverage expired. All in, it’s going to run about $400/ month for Part B, a Medigap Plan G and plan D, prescription drug coverage. That’s after paying into Medicare since his first day on the job, in the 1960’s.

The good news is that all his providers accept the Medicare assignment which is not always the case. He will no longer have dental insurance.

I am amused when I hear some view the Medicare for All concept as free healthcare for all.

One could seize of of Bezo’s wealth and it would fund a few months of M4A. Then what?

Old 06-11-2021, 01:55 PM

18,742 posts, read 7,613,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Are you against universal healthcare?

Nope.

Am I against government forcing people to pay for others' health care, universal or otherwise?

Yes.

Am I against giving to charity, to help pay for others' health care?

Nope.
So, then you are one of the uninsured.
Nope.

(yawn)

Old 06-11-2021, 02:01 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,522,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
My husband recently retired at age 74. He finally fully enrolled in Medicare as his employer’s group plan coverage expired. All in, it’s going to run about $400/ month for Part B, a Medigap Plan G and plan D, prescription drug coverage. That’s after paying into Medicare since his first day on the job, in the 1960’s.

The good news is that all his providers accept the Medicare assignment which is not always the case. He will no longer have dental insurance.

I am amused when I hear some view the Medicare for All concept as free healthcare for all.

One could seize of of Bezo’s wealth and it would fund a few months of M4A. Then what?
That's what I'm paying combined for insurance almost $400 a month. Medicare, BCBS, Met Life Dental. These premiums go up and up. In January I will be paying over $400 a month unless I change plans. My BCBS is the same plan I had when I was working and I'm allowed to keep it in retirement. Its just to much money now for the premium. I'm really considering changing during Open season to one of those Supplement Plans with the 0 premium each month. I imagine though there are hidden costs with those type plans that add up fast.

I agree I don't know why anyone would think Medicare for all as free Healthcare. I doubt that Medicare for All concept will happen anytime soon.

Old 06-11-2021, 02:25 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
...let me say that I've never found you to post anything but superficial drive-by's. It seems like you're afraid of debate and can't put an argument together..
That's all you'll ever get. If it's not in the format of a one-line text message, they can't understand it or don't have time for it.

The healthcare system in the US is an important matter, but no one's interested in discussing it.

Your federal and State governments screwed up your healthcare system as evidenced by government sources proving the federal and State governments screwed it up, but no one is interested or wants to believe it.

We have to believe they want government to screw it up worse than what it already is.

It's nothing but Envy. They see Germany has universal single-payer and they want it, but they don't understand Germany can afford it because Germany (and the others) do things the US is unwilling to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies