Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2021, 08:22 AM

57,316 posts, read 26,236,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
nope. he shut down the pompeo investigation, like the total dumbass he is.
The Pompeo investigation lasted 8 months and went no where, what did it find. There is small hope for any investigation since we need to rely on China.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2021, 08:26 AM

2,505 posts, read 3,407,676 times
Forget punishing China. That's a misdirection.

Focus on:

The state department officials, research scientists, Dr. Fauci, and Peter Daszak who concocted the web of lies and corruption to Americans and the world about the development and Wuhan lab leak are the ones who can be held accountable. Who or what is behind Peter Daszak's EcoHealth Alliance non-profit, which received nearly $40 million in Pentagon funds to support Wuhan research?

Old 06-07-2021, 08:32 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It's more than a little disturbing that we have posters, whom out of sheer politics don't want us to investigate a virus origin that caused trillions in global damage and killed millions.

As you noted, we're not talking looney-tunes conspiracy theories either and I think that we're already starting to see a narrative walk out of the White House on it so it does make one wonder what they already know.
They figured it out when Trump started shunning Fauci and treating him like the red-headed stepchild.

They don’t want to investigate China because they’re more inline with China on politics and social goals.

I’m debating on whether to continue calling 2020 The Lost Year™ or maybe going to The Great Unmasking™. The degree to which normal every-day human beings are willing to go to control others is disturbing and there’s no small number of them. Maybe The Great General Psychopathic Unmasking™. The Lost Year™ is still accurate but… Oh, Wait… The Unmasking of the Lost Psychopaths™. I’ll get it right soon…

Last edited by BigJon3475; 06-07-2021 at 08:42 AM..

Old 06-07-2021, 08:39 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The Pompeo investigation lasted 8 months and went no where, what did it find. There is small hope for any investigation since we need to rely on China.
zho is only allowing 90 days. why such a tight time frame, knowing how recalcitrant the CCP will be?

Old 06-07-2021, 08:59 AM

25,775 posts, read 18,834,175 times
That rug is developing some Bunyanesque lumps, isn't it libs?

Old 06-07-2021, 09:09 AM

296 posts, read 413,915 times
This story will make a huge difference in how we deal with China. Also, we will be more vigilant when big media tries to sweep stories under the rug.

Old 06-07-2021, 10:07 AM

78,438 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
I don’t think posters wouldn’t like answers, I think they are just cynical that answers will lead to meaningful change and accountability. If China is responsible, I still haven’t heard a realistic idea in this thread about how China would be punished and what could be done to prevent the situation ever happening again.
China is still up and coming in terms of safety with regards to certain hard lessons that many other countries have learned.

For example, we stopped testing missiles on space debris because it creates deadly smaller chunks that pollute space and could lead to spiraling catastrophe. But China went ahead and did it anyway a little while back and the rest of the world gave them grief over it.

Other things would be stuff like Nuke safety (like when we lost a hydrogen bomb and it remains unfound today) and of course bio-weapons security and safety.

I think that the entire world can agree that is Covid escaped from a bio-facility, regardless of whose facility it was, that we would want some strict accountability and increased guidelines and protocols.

Remember when we had the anthrax mailings here in the US? This is important stuff to know.

Old 06-07-2021, 10:11 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post
Forget punishing China. That's a misdirection.

Focus on:

The state department officials, research scientists, Dr. Fauci, and Peter Daszak who concocted the web of lies and corruption to Americans and the world about the development and Wuhan lab leak are the ones who can be held accountable. Who or what is behind Peter Daszak's EcoHealth Alliance non-profit, which received nearly $40 million in Pentagon funds to support Wuhan research?
This

Old 06-07-2021, 10:30 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,673,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
He had no humility. Not even a little bit, especially given how he championed gain of function research. The American public were the victims of all this, and we did the best we could. Fauci, on the other hand, could have done a lot better.
I disagree 100%. Fauci's hands were tied by Trump. Don't buy into conspiracy theories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
We should absolutely understand the origin to the extent we are able to determine it. The information will help us combat future recurrences, whether the virus was manmade or natually occurring, spread organically or released either accidentially or intentionally. We will learn from it regardless. And certainly if the virus did come from a lab it is important for accountability, even if there isn't any direct accountability it would strngthen our hand with resect to standards in the future. Regardless of what ends up to be the truth, it's important to know it. And even moreso if it did come from a lab in China - if that is the case and we don't call them on it or get other action it will embolden them in the future.
I agree. I'm just skeptical we will find out everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
These virologists all know each other, especially the ones that work with coronaviruses. If they haven't collaborated and published together, they've met at conferences and had meals together. Scientists work with international colleagues and are familiar with each other's work. This includes the Bat Lady. And the WHO team members all know each other already.
Exactly! There are not that many virologists in the entire world.

Quote:
You are jumping to conclusions unsupported by facts. Trump's dismissal of the virus and lack of response is what did him in, he knew full well the seriousness of this back in March but he was saying another thing in public.
Correct! He was more worried about how a slowing economy would hurt his reelection chances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
We'll never find out. That lab is owned by China. No one gets inside to investigate.
None of the researchers have altered their statements "the virus did not come from our lab" for over 1 year now.

You remember what happened to that eye doctor that tried to warn the world about covid ?
Agreed! Did we ever find out everything about Pearl Harbor or the JFK assassination? We had 100% control of those investigations.

Quote:
Trump knew of the seriousness of Covid-19 in February 2020, he is on record in an interview with Bob Woodward. He kept dismissing the virus as something that would disappear shortly. His economic advisor Peter Navarro also stated the impact quite clearly.

Fauci develops policy, presidents take action.
I think he actually knew the seriousness by the end of January.

It was obvious that Fauci was simply an advisor and had little power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It's more than a little disturbing that we have posters, whom out of sheer politics don't want us to investigate a virus origin that caused trillions in global damage and killed millions.

As you noted, we're not talking looney-tunes conspiracy theories either and I think that we're already starting to see a narrative walk out of the White House on it so it does make one wonder what they already know.
I don't think anyone has said this country should not investigate the origin of Covid-19. I think some people think some posters are jumping to conclusions before the investigation is complete.

Old 06-07-2021, 10:51 AM

49 posts, read 22,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
I disagree 100%. Fauci's hands were tied by Trump. Don't buy into conspiracy theories.

I agree. I'm just skeptical we will find out everything.

Exactly! There are not that many virologists in the entire world.

Correct! He was more worried about how a slowing economy would hurt his reelection chances.

Agreed! Did we ever find out everything about Pearl Harbor or the JFK assassination? We had 100% control of those investigations.

I think he actually knew the seriousness by the end of January.

It was obvious that Fauci was simply an advisor and had little power.

I don't think anyone has said this country should not investigate the origin of Covid-19. I think some people think some posters are jumping to conclusions before the investigation is complete.
The problem is, certain findings could devastate both US and Chinese economies!

What do you think public response would be in the US, if China was discovered to have intentionally created Covid?! Majority of US citizens would probably demand military action against China ASAP! That would set the stage for both economies crumbling, think about the repercussions if no US company could sell anything made in China!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies