Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2021, 08:50 AM

6,389 posts, read 2,712,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
500 have been arrested. No charges have yet been dropped as far as I know but none have gone to trial yet either. Few have plead guilty. Many many were caught from tips from family and friends. One daughter reported her father and it was big news. Coworkers have also filed reports. I can link to the articles if you don’t believe me.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews...%3fid=75484162

See something, say something IS a national public service campaign. Im surprised you aren’t aware.
https://www.dhs.gov/see-something-sa...ay%20something
So that you can be aware that charges have been dropped from people involved in the summer protests, I can link just as well as you can...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/almost-...ed-11618501979

Quote:
Federal prosecutors in Portland, Ore., have moved to dismiss almost half the cases they charged in connection with violence accompanying last year’s protests over racial injustice, as authorities grapple with how to tamp down politically motivated unrest that has arisen since then.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...tions-analysis

Quote:
In most of a dozen jurisdictions examined, at least 90% of cases were dropped or dismissed. In some cities, like Dallas and Philadelphia, as many as 95% of citations were dropped or not prosecuted.
I did not say anything about "See Something...Say Something". But do you really think that putting out a nationwide campaign for people to inform on their relatives and friends really falls under that?

EDIT: The links you provided were talking about January 6th, and that was the point. Show me the same national campaign to turn in people over the Riots of last summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2021, 08:53 AM

25,744 posts, read 12,824,670 times
By the Libs definition, 48% of Americans (the ones who voted for Trump) have been radicalized.

They don't need anyobody reporting anyone...they have the voting results.

Old 06-16-2021, 08:57 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,547,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
I'll bet if you reported some gang activity, or BLM or Antifa plans to burn down a city they'd come and arrest you for being some kind of racist. With the demented geriatric Biden and the radical left, it only works one way.

Hitler and the Gestapo used the same tactics and now we are seeing the same thing from Herr Biden, an un-American disgusting piece of garbage that needs to go.

Sieg heil, baby!

Old 06-16-2021, 08:58 AM

929 posts, read 304,366 times
Quote:
Perhaps his family should have reported him through the mechanisms that are available.
I can’t believe anyone here really thinks we shouldn’t be reporting loved ones, friends or neighbors who we honestly think are a danger and could kill innocent people. It’s not turning on loved ones, it’s protecting the public.
The unibomber was caught through a tip from his brother
The guy who murdered the asians in the massage parlor was caught from a tip from his parents.
This is good. How can anyone honestly think this is bad. Explain yourselves please.
Citizens are under no obligation to report a crime if they witness one. So why is there an obligation regarding what is thought, or perceived about another citizen, regardless of what relationship they may have?

Not only is there an imposed obligation by this Regime, they are encouraging it.

Here’s where we are right now. An Organization in America chants “ pigs in a blanket, fry them like bacon” . Then groups of Americans burn, loot, destroy, murder and creates mayhem across the country , displaying the BLM Banner masquerading as protest . The same planning and mechanisms said to be used by the” insurrectionists “ on Jan 6th. Were used by the BLM “ peaceful protestors”

The consequences? The suspected leaders of Jan 6th are rounded up, jailed without bail , the methods used to locate them potentially violated their Constitutional Rights.
The BLM leaders and organizers ? No need to hunt them down, just go visit them in the multi million dollar houses they purchased from the spoils of their scam and blackmail.

Old 06-16-2021, 08:59 AM

10,106 posts, read 7,775,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Interestingly, this administration sees anyone who voted for Trump, doesn't support BLM or CRT, or criticized last summer's riots as "radical."
What? Did they get tired of changing pronouns and bird names?

Well, I don't support any of the above. What about people on a message board? lol We going to get tattled on? They going to come get me? If they get me, they have to come get a lot of people I know also. At least I'll be in good company. They'll have to shut up over half the country. Good luck with that.

If they come to shut us up, we going to have to wear a jump suit to signify we are resisting their thoughts? Crazy scary stuff from crazy people.

I guess they are going for the big guys now and soon the little people.....they gotta shut everyone up that doesn't believe their way.

Here we go...................................

But at least he's not Trump..

Last edited by diddlydudette; 06-16-2021 at 09:13 AM..

Old 06-16-2021, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
So that you can be aware that charges have been dropped from people involved in the summer protests, I can link just as well as you can...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/almost-...ed-11618501979

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...tions-analysis

I did not say anything about "See Something...Say Something". But do you really think that putting out a nationwide campaign for people to inform on their relatives and friends really falls under that?

EDIT: The links you provided were talking about January 6th, and that was the point. Show me the same national campaign to turn in people over the Riots of last summer.

All that needs to be said.

The Latin word for "left" is "sinister".

Old 06-16-2021, 09:01 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,207,524 times
Quote:
Perhaps his family should have reported him through the mechanisms that are available.
I can’t believe anyone here really thinks we shouldn’t be reporting loved ones, friends or neighbors who we honestly think are a danger and could kill innocent people. It’s not turning on loved ones, it’s protecting the public.
The unibomber was caught through a tip from his brother
The guy who murdered the asians in the massage parlor was caught from a tip from his parents.
This is good. How can anyone honestly think this is bad. Explain yourselves please.
I'll try to explain, but I'm sure it will not cover everything.

I agree that if you know someone who is a danger to themselves or others, "reporting" or otherwise getting them some help is good.

But I also know that in these times, people will report their neighbor because they are fighting over the fence. Or a co-worker because they don't like them. There will be a majority of revenge reporting (as a PP noted) that will have no bearing on real dangers.

Who is going to investigate all these false reports? And how much time will be given to them so that REAL reports are ignored or pushed back so far that the damage is done.

Do you really not see the potential for abuse here?

Old 06-16-2021, 09:01 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ds-and-family/

Interestingly, this administration sees anyone who voted for Trump, doesn't support BLM or CRT, or criticized last summer's riots as "radical."
Totalitarians do such things.

This comes as no surprise.

If they could set up concentration camps for conservative Americans, they would. Libs admire what the Chinese have done to Muslims in western China and hope fir the days when they can do the same to Americans.

Old 06-16-2021, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speegleagle View Post
Citizens are under no obligation to report a crime if they witness one. So why is there an obligation regarding what is thought, or perceived about another citizen, regardless of what relationship they may have?

Not only is there an imposed obligation by this Regime, they are encouraging it.

Here’s where we are right now. An Organization in America chants “ pigs in a blanket, fry them like bacon” . Then groups of Americans burn, loot, destroy, murder and creates mayhem across the country , displaying the BLM Banner masquerading as protest . The same planning and mechanisms said to be used by the” insurrectionists “ on Jan 6th. Were used by the BLM “ peaceful protestors”

The consequences? The suspected leaders of Jan 6th are rounded up, jailed without bail , the methods used to locate them potentially violated their Constitutional Rights.
The BLM leaders and organizers ? No need to hunt them down, just go visit them in the multi million dollar houses they purchased from the spoils of their scam and blackmail.

Very well said, all of it.

Old 06-16-2021, 09:03 AM

19,808 posts, read 9,367,244 times
Quote:
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ds-and-family/

WOW -- just WOW!

This -- reporting one's neighbors who are politically "suspicious" -- is exactly what happened in Nazi Germany and the Chinese Cultural Revolution. "Thirty-six million people were hounded and perhaps a million died in the turmoil unleashed by Mao Zedong in 1966. They were condemned by their political views and social background or someone's whim, enmity or attempt at self-preservation through incriminating others."*

* https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...zhang-hongping

Now some people have replied to such comments as I wrote above and/or with relevant links by writing something like, "Oh, really? How many people have the U.S. government actually killed for their views? That's right -- zero." (And/or they dismiss the source -- and, yes, sometimes justifiably so! -- but that is not always justified.)

But a purge must have its beginnings before the killing actually starts.

And, yes, the OP does refer specifically to Islamic terrorists, but if you read the article itself, that (referring to Islamic terrorists) was just used as an EXAMPLE. For those who do not want to take the time to read, here are selected excerpts (my italics and emphasis):

The official cited the Department of Homeland Security’s “If you see something say something” campaign to help stop radical Islamic terror as a domestic possibility.

“This involves creating contexts in which those who are family members or friends or co-workers know that there are pathways and avenues to raise concerns and seek help for those who they have perceived to be radicalizing and potentially radicalizing towards violence,” the official said.

Biden began his presidency with a stark warning in his inauguration speech about the “rise in political extremism, white supremacy, domestic terrorism that we must confront and we will defeat.” On June 1, Biden described the threat from “white supremacy” as the “most lethal threat to the homeland today.”

The Biden administration said it would also work with large technology companies on “increased information sharing” to help combat radicalization.

The official added the Biden administration was taking the threat of domestic terrorism seriously and would redirect the focus of intelligence agencies on internal threats.

“We are investing many agencies of the government and resourcing them appropriately and asking our citizens to participate,” the official said. “Because, ultimately, this is really about homeland security being a responsibility of each citizen of our country to help us achieve.”
[END EXCERPTS]

Now, if that does not scare you, what will?!

Last edited by katharsis; 06-16-2021 at 09:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies