Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2021, 06:12 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,178,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Really? Where has it failed?
He's probably referring to the small section of wall that blew down in the wind because it hadn't set in the cement yet. In fact I believe it was a part of a wall built built by private donations, not Trump's wall. He's grasping at straws here and not telling the whole story which is what these liars and pro-illegals do.

Old 06-21-2021, 06:16 AM

59,121 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Just the usual thread fail...

From the article "Although 458 miles of new fence panels were erected before Mr. Trump left office, just 69 miles had all of the components that the Border Patrol had planned."

I don't think people care if all the sections aren't lit up so the criminals don't bump into them and injure themselves.
Don't confuse them with the FACTS.

They can't handle them and you will have the running to their "safe" places AGAIN with their crayons and therapists phone number!

"Ken Cuccinelli, who served as deputy secretary of homeland security in the Trump administration, said his department built what it could — and in a stunningly short amount of time. As of January 2020, the administration had just 100 miles. It erected nearly a mile a day over the rest of the year to reach the 450-mile mark. Roads and wall definitely came before lighting and technology; thus, you would expect wall building to be well ahead of tech and lighting, and it was,” Mr. Cuccinelli said.

Old 06-21-2021, 06:16 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,527,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
He's probably referring to the small section of wall that blew down in the wind because it hadn't set in the cement yet. In fact I believe it was a part of a wall built built by private donations, not Trump's wall. He's grasping at straws here and not telling the whole story which is what these liars and pro-illegals do.
I know. Just wanted him to double down on his ignorance.

Old 06-21-2021, 06:23 AM

Quote:
I know. Just wanted him to double down on his ignorance.
I'll believe this link not the one that the OP provided.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/do...ll/ar-BB1cv416

Old 06-21-2021, 06:38 AM

27,660 posts, read 16,151,349 times
Yay celebrate the border is still pourus (except for 458 miles). Thanks haters

Old 06-21-2021, 09:47 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
That comes out to $72 millions per mile.
Is that all?

New York is spending at least $14 million (don't these things always go over budget?) to repair this bridge. How much do you think that is, per mile?

Your tax dollars are paying for some of that, regardless of which state you live in. Local money isn't being used for the project.

I already had this info collected because I was going to start a thread on government waste and corruption with this as an example, but decided not to. Too broad a topic and the people here tend to not be thoughtful enough to engage in anything deeper than a puddle, anyway. Thanks for bringing it up for me, though, so it's not completely wasted effort.

https://www.dot.ny.gov/I87Exit17

BTW, you're still on ignore, so I won't see your response, if any.
Attached Thumbnails
Audit shows all of 69 miles of wall build under the Trump administration-screenshot-2021-06-16-12-44  

Old 06-21-2021, 09:50 AM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Is that all?

New York is spending at least $14 million (don't these things always go over budget?) to repair this bridge. How much do you think that is, per mile?

Your tax dollars are paying for some of that, regardless of which state you live in. Local money isn't being used for the project.

I already had this info collected because I was going to start a thread on government waste and corruption with this as an example, but decided not to. Too broad a topic and the people here tend to not be thoughtful enough to engage in anything deeper than a puddle, anyway. Thanks for bringing it up for me, though, so it's not completely wasted effort.

https://www.dot.ny.gov/I87Exit17

BTW, you're still on ignore, so I won't see your response, if any.
Wait, you're unironically comparing a load-bearing bridge to a freakin' wall in the desert?

Old 06-21-2021, 09:54 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,968,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
That comes out to $72 millions per mile.

#Winning!!

I'm sure that 69 miles of wall is making a yuge difference!
There were over 500 miles of wall built.

Why do you want open borders? What's in this for you?

Old 06-21-2021, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
There were over 500 miles of wall built.

Why do you want open borders? What's in this for you?
These anti-wall people all have an agenda. Either they hate Trump so much that they can't stand to admit that he tried to do something about illegal entry in spite of the Democrats fighting him all they way, hire illegal aliens for profit, are brainless bleeding heart liberals, want to increase the Democrat voter base or they have ethnic or personal ties to illegal aliens. It's usually the latter. They will never admit to their true agenda though.

Old 06-21-2021, 10:15 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,087,365 times
Quote:
Really? Where has it failed?
Last film i saw was people going over, under and through the "wall".

The whole thing was a scam right from the very beginning. Donald and his cronies pocketed more money than ever went into actual (substandard) materials and labor.

I know, hard to believe, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies