Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2021, 06:26 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,174,016 times

Advertisements

Democrats don't value life, We all know that.. so they shoot one another , overdose, murder, another day in a liberal leftist city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2021, 09:00 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,961,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
There is a large homeless encampment downtown by the government buildings.

They're spread out all over Tempe as well, but not like downtown Phoenix.
So this a homeless problem? I thought this about a certain crime ridden section. There are crime ridden sections in other cities, and the crime is actually committed by people with places to live be it projects.

Old 06-21-2021, 09:11 PM

8,630 posts, read 10,157,980 times
I didn't see any homeless or dead bodies downtown on Saturday night, but I did walk right past David Spade and two others on the corner of Central and Jefferson, likely on his way to the Dodgers/Dbacks game.

Old 06-21-2021, 09:21 PM

6,133 posts, read 3,355,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
St. Louis murder rate is 8 times that of Phoenix so yeah, I feel much safer in Phoenix than anywhere in St. Louis, Baltimore, DC, Chicago, New Orleans, Atlanta....because that is the truth. Now zero crime would be better but good luck achieving that.
Tell that to the families of the 187 people who were murdered in Phoenix last year, “I know violent crime massively spiked by over 50%, and I’m sorry that your family member got blasted, but at least it was statistically less likely that would happen compared to if you all lived in St Louis.”

Violent crime is gonna get much worse in Phoenix, too, due to many factors. So I can already predict your future posts:

St Louis murder rate is 6 times higher than Phoenix
St Louis murder rate is 4 times higher than Phoenix...

Being thankful you don’t live in St Louis does nothing for people in Phoenix.

Old 06-21-2021, 09:40 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,250,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
The Phoenix forum doesn't allow conversations about the homeless. The liberals go insane until the thread is shutdown.

What would you say are the worst parts of Tempe? Areas around Mill?

I bought a workbench off craigslist last year, and I've lived in Tempe 9 years, the sale took me to a little pocket that was a total ghetto. I saw the guys little apartment. I couldn't believe this was in Tempe. He said theft and crime was terrible.

The place was a total hellhole and it was still like a thousand plus a month, little one bedroom. Guy had moved here from out of state. Was moving back.
I would think the very basic tenets of the City Data forum would be to allow in depth discussion of the plusses or minuses of any city, state or area that has a forum here. I know I personally have used these forums to make important decisions about where to relocate, stay while visiting, sightseeing etc as well as keep an eye on family and friends in a particular area. I, in fact, have several friends who live and work in the greater Phoenix metro area and it is absurd to obfuscate pertinent data about that or ANY area to suit someone's political leaning.

Old 06-21-2021, 10:37 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,372,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
I would think the very basic tenets of the City Data forum would be to allow in depth discussion of the plusses or minuses of any city, state or area that has a forum here. I know I personally have used these forums to make important decisions about where to relocate, stay while visiting, sightseeing etc as well as keep an eye on family and friends in a particular area. I, in fact, have several friends who live and work in the greater Phoenix metro area and it is absurd to obfuscate pertinent data about that or ANY area to suit someone's political leaning.
What you would think and what a moderator feels like at any given second of the day are two different things.

There are several subjects that are not allowed on here. I can't tell you which ones though, because I'll get suspended. Again. I'm not the only one.

Old 06-21-2021, 10:39 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,372,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
So this a homeless problem? I thought this about a certain crime ridden section. There are crime ridden sections in other cities, and the crime is actually committed by people with places to live be it projects.
The encampment is not in the project's, its downtown by the government buildings and a lot of homeless resources.

You don't want to go in this area. And it ain't because of people receiving mail there.

Old 06-21-2021, 11:02 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,867,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Tell that to the families of the 187 people who were murdered in Phoenix last year, “I know violent crime massively spiked by over 50%, and I’m sorry that your family member got blasted, but at least it was statistically less likely that would happen compared to if you all lived in St Louis.”

Violent crime is gonna get much worse in Phoenix, too, due to many factors. So I can already predict your future posts:

St Louis murder rate is 6 times higher than Phoenix
St Louis murder rate is 4 times higher than Phoenix...

Being thankful you don’t live in St Louis does nothing for people in Phoenix.
Phoenix is far, far, far more violent than many people from out of the area think it is it seems like.

The one difference between St. Louis and Phoenix is that a married couple grossing $60,000 a year in Midwestern metropolitan areas like St. Louis is they can reside in a fairly nice suburban area and have plenty of options.

In Metro Phoenix grossing $60,000 for a married couple would mean struggling in many cases to buy a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom fixer-upper in a neighborhood with extreme amounts of prostitution gang violence and loud parties into the night.

There are some incredibly violent areas in Phoenix, even the extremely violent parts of Phoenix have fairly expensive home prices these days.

Phoenix has some extremely violent areas and the amount of drug addiction in the Phoenix area is extremely high.

It was actually 223 homicides last year in the Phoenix according to community crime map.

https://communitycrimemap.com/

So far this year Phoenix is up to 96 homicides.

AZ-Phoenix

Old 06-22-2021, 12:26 AM

6,133 posts, read 3,355,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Phoenix is far, far, far more violent than many people from out of the area think it is it seems like.

The one difference between St. Louis and Phoenix is that a married couple grossing $60,000 a year in Midwestern metropolitan areas like St. Louis is they can reside in a fairly nice suburban area and have plenty of options.

In Metro Phoenix grossing $60,000 for a married couple would mean struggling in many cases to buy a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom fixer-upper in a neighborhood with extreme amounts of prostitution gang violence and loud parties into the night.

There are some incredibly violent areas in Phoenix, even the extremely violent parts of Phoenix have fairly expensive home prices these days.

Phoenix has some extremely violent areas and the amount of drug addiction in the Phoenix area is extremely high.

It was actually 223 homicides last year in the Phoenix according to community crime map.

So far this year Phoenix is up to 96 homicides.

AZ-Phoenix
That’s a good point. Phoenix is different than some cities, because it’s hard to define where all the trouble spots are. You have to spend time in Phoenix to know exactly where to avoid. If you are new and don’t know your way around, it’s very easy to get yourself into an area that you don’t want to be.

I’ve lived in other cities, and it was very clear where you should and shouldn’t be. Although as time goes by, even those lines are becoming blurred everywhere, not just Phoenix.

I suspect that a generation ago, Phoenix wasn’t like it is now.

Old 06-22-2021, 12:54 AM

31,088 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
That’s a good point. Phoenix is different than some cities, because it’s hard to define where all the trouble spots are. You have to spend time in Phoenix to know exactly where to avoid. If you are new and don’t know your way around, it’s very easy to get yourself into an area that you don’t want to be.

I’ve lived in other cities, and it was very clear where you should and shouldn’t be. Although as time goes by, even those lines are becoming blurred everywhere, not just Phoenix.

I suspect that a generation ago, Phoenix wasn’t like it is now.

There are some very clear Hot Spots where more murders and Violent crimes happen in Phoenix. The I17 corridor just north of the I10 has always been very bad(Stay away from the Red Roof Inn at Indian School! I think it was a Motel 6 back in the day), along with Maryvale area, and Now the Light Rail stations around Central in Phoenix

Here's what I would consider a typical quote from Google on the Hotels at Indian School and I10 "I would not recommend staying here, especially if you have children and/or pets, unless you can’t afford much more. It is the worst Red Roof I’ve stayed at."

https://www.phoenix.gov/policesite/D...n_citywide.pdf

Last edited by LS Jaun; 06-22-2021 at 01:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies