Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2021, 10:08 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I agree with all lives matter.

As a black person, it frustrating to focus on the extreme minority of police incidents, when the elephant in the room is that we are wiping ourselves out... and then black folk follow the corrupt liberal elite narrative about how the police shootings are so bad, and that black communities need to defund the one layer of protection that are needed to help protect them from the elephant in the room.

Totally frustrating... we are losing a lot of good innocent people to this nonsense. 1587 shooting victims in Chicago so far this year - and Lightfoot does absolutely nothing but allow it to continue. It's criminal negligence.

Sorry for venting on your issue.
I hear you. How many have to die before we realize America is losing a lot of potentially very talented young men. Something needs to change but in this society it isn't. African Americans seem to be taking the brunt of this over tolerant and overly kind society. I know the solution, but that solution is draconian and oppressive. The Soviets tried it. They simply sent every troublemaker to a prison camp, the gulags.

We really need to do things differently but how? There's so many things wrong here you don't know where to start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2021, 10:17 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxxx View Post
I have said this before and it's an unpopular thing to say, All Lives Matter. If you have to put a color behind Lives Matter then it's racist.
Indeed- in the eyes of God, every person is equal.

I certainly believe that every person should be evaluated individually. However, the fact that 6% of the population commits over 50% of the violent crime cannot be disregarded by anyone. This is a simple fact that has resulted in black males being approached differently by police.

Whatever the reason for the crimes committed by young black men, until that fact is corrected and young black males stop causing over 50% of the violent crime in America, they will be viewed differently. Interestingly, prior to 1930, black males accounted for LESS violent crime per capita than whites. Thus, this is a CULTURAL issue that has been created; given that, the disparity toward violent crime can be reversed as well.

One must realize that it is the difference between petting a house cat and a tiger; a house cat is harmless, while the tiger may kill you, as history as shown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies