Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2021, 08:54 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,548,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
I've always believed that America stood for freedom. It's not necessary to be a super patriot to be American. You can flag wave all you want, but to demand that others must flag wave like you is frankly, un-american.

Especially when they're on a............. GASP...................... American team! I mean, how tacky. How utterly tacky to be a patriotic American when the flag you so hate is helping you launch what could be a very lucrative athletic career! Dreadful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2021, 08:55 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,042,534 times
I don't see any sense in her argument that she was set up.

She probably has derailed her future performance focusing on something other than her sport.

Old 06-29-2021, 08:58 AM

24,644 posts, read 9,468,698 times
America: where the rich spoiled athletes who used America’s opportunities to climb the social ladder, reverse course and whine about how unfair America is, all the while voluntarily representing America in the biggest world stage when they’re not at home in their white gated communities.

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
If in fact she agree to no political protests and then politically protested -- consequences and that's that.

8,772 posts, read 5,065,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
I've always believed that America stood for freedom. It's not necessary to be a super patriot to be American. You can flag wave all you want, but to demand that others must flag wave like you is frankly, un-american.
And we as American`s have the right to boot her azz off the American team.....and we should.

Old 06-29-2021, 09:04 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,853,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
She should probably travel a little more and see how entitled she really is.
Ironically I've got the Tour de France on right now and the entire Peleton stopped at the start banner of today's stage for a group protest. This was met with a shrug and a 'we will take their concerns under consideration' by race officials rather than anyone having heaving fantoids.

The result of travel a little more' ca actually end up encouraging someone to stand up for their beliefs more because, believe it or not, they learn that the American way isn't always the best way.

Old 06-29-2021, 09:13 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
So if I understand this, she is protesting a country that has given her everything she needs to be able to stand on that platform on a world stage and she hates America for allowing her to live her dreams??

Yeah. Talk about Oppression. GEEZ..

It is pretty stupid to be biting the hand that feeds you.

Then again in this Bizarro world we live in she will probably be on a box of Wheaties for her "bravery" and activist stance...

Old 06-29-2021, 09:14 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,257,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Why should I find out. LOL

I don't really care what she does on the podium.
I was interested and did the research.

From NPR

"This year, the trials have allowed "respectful demonstrations on the topic of racial and social justice," according to an open letter to athletes by U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee CEO Sarah Hirshland.

Berry will go on to Tokyo with the U.S. team for her second Olympics, where protests and demonstrations are banned under Rule 50."

Old 06-29-2021, 09:17 AM

24,644 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
A girl from Ferguson, MO who had a baby at 15 and who crawled her way up to the middle class via athletic scholarship is hardly from a privledged background.
So America forced her to have a baby at 15, or maybe it was bad parenting and life choices?

Ah yes, “woe is me” for living in a country where a black single teenage parent can climb the social ladder by throwing a hammer then crap all over the very same country she did it in.

Do the descendants of slaves in Brazil, Cuba, and Haiti somehow have it better than the ones in America? On what planet is America not the premier destination country with the most blacks of any developed nation on earth? Not this one.

So unless she plans to build her own Wakanda with no white people, any black person (sub Saharan ancestry) born in a 1st world developed country absolutely is privileged by pure citizenship. Including myself. You think my passport isn’t privilege?

Old 06-29-2021, 09:21 AM

1,904 posts, read 1,046,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post

yes INDEED ~

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies