Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2021, 07:58 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Google is your friend - it's been in the news.

“No kind of demonstration or political, religious or racial propaganda is permitted in any Olympic sites, venues or other areas.” In January 2020, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) clarified that Rule 50 prohibits “hand gestures or kneeling,” as well as political messaging like signs....

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/...an-rule-50-ioc
I kind of figured. I didn't think they allowed it, but the Western world has gotten so insane that I would actually be surprised if the IOC DOESN'T allow political displays.

I can see that day coming. Sort of like an Oscar speech - all athletes will turn it into a freakshow. I can definitely see that day coming.

I am increasingly growing sick of the Olympics and that globalist sham, even though as a huge sports fan the Olympics were always one of my favorite things to watch.

People like this heap of manure are ruining it for me day by day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Well, if the US Olympic keeps on people like Berry, then it does not represent the USA, it become a mish-mash of self centered jocks who are only in it for themselves. People do not like to be spit upon, figuratively speaking, by athletes who hate our country. We can get that by watching videos of BLM and antifa rioters.

It's all about RACE. If America didn't have this insane diversity problem - if our demographics represented what they are supposed to represent, like when Ted Kennedy said the racial composition "would not be upset" (it was 90% WHITE when he promised us that lie), we would not be dealing with any of this crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2021, 02:07 PM

6,995 posts, read 2,711,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
And the first and second place finishers are pushed aside so she can have her little anti-racist hissy fit.
SO SICK OF THIS. She should not be on an American team. They need to start disqualifying jerks who want to use this stage to 'protest.'

This is not going to end well for the US.
The loser was banned 5 years ago for using steriods. How did she even get a chance to compete??

Old 07-01-2021, 04:04 PM

306 posts, read 203,544 times
Quote:
How many days have you spent in front of the mirror repeating these lies to yourself, until you started to believe them? Geez, can you possibly behave anymore cartoonish? "Survey says...." NO.

How is that a lie? This country is built on the concept of representative democracy. Trump and co have done their utmost to attack the democratic process at every opportunity. Every election he has been involved in (2015 primary, 2016 election, 2020 election) he has claimed that it's a fix for months before. He has shown every indication of a desire to see authoritarianism over democracy. He hates the fact that the system won't allow him to act like Putin, and he hates that the system of checks and balances held true. He asked Pence to refuse to certify the results of the electoral college based on his temper tantrum. He's simply a populist whose only concern is holding power.

He is fundamentally an insecure coward, with no allegiance to anything. He doesn't care about this country, and neither do his supporters (although I understand they think they do). This is how democracy falls apart.

Let me ask you a question....if he had won in 2020 and gone on to serve a further 4 years, do you genuinely believe he would have willingly exited in 2024? Do you genuinely believe that if he did propose a further 4 years due to the 'russia hoax' tying up his first term, that his deluded supporters wouldn't support him in that? I think Jan 6th shows who these people are loyal to, and it isn't the USA.

Old 07-01-2021, 09:06 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,018,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Which even makes her a BIGGER hypocrite!
I pretty much have her grouped in with Jane fonda............."hanoi Gwen"

Old 07-01-2021, 09:15 PM

17,804 posts, read 13,703,655 times
Quote:
Well, if the US Olympic keeps on people like Berry, then it does not represent the USA, it become a mish-mash of self centered jocks who are only in it for themselves. People do not like to be spit upon, figuratively speaking, by athletes who hate our country. We can get that by watching videos of BLM and antifa rioters.
Fine, blame them all for the actions of one. Blame all the other athletes for the actions of the bureaucrats. No biggie. People with your mentality are only interested in the medal count and the flag waving anyway.

No appreciation at all for the fact that most of these athletes are Americans you could get behind otherwise. No appreciation for the fact for the incredible talent these individuals possess and the amount of work and effort it takes them to get to the Olympics. No appreciation for the fact that they toil in relative obscurity and only a handful of them really are cashing in on their sport.

Old 07-02-2021, 06:13 AM

9,459 posts, read 5,229,337 times
"jingoistic right wingers?????" Wow.

I absolutely LOVE and support our magnificent athletes displaying their mad skills on the world stage.

What I don't love is anyone (white or black) using that stage to spout their political beliefs - that is not the time or place.

She completely sidetracked the accolades the #1 and #2 should have received for their efforts.
This bitter, divisive hatefulness has no place in this venue.
If she wants to protest, let her go do it on her own time.

Old 07-02-2021, 06:14 AM

9,459 posts, read 5,229,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
The loser was banned 5 years ago for using steriods. How did she even get a chance to compete??
really? whattya know. Good question...why did she get to compete?

Old 07-02-2021, 06:41 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Fine, blame them all for the actions of one. Blame all the other athletes for the actions of the bureaucrats. No biggie. People with your mentality are only interested in the medal count and the flag waving anyway.

No appreciation at all for the fact that most of these athletes are Americans you could get behind otherwise. No appreciation for the fact for the incredible talent these individuals possess and the amount of work and effort it takes them to get to the Olympics. No appreciation for the fact that they toil in relative obscurity and only a handful of them really are cashing in on their sport.
I'm a massive sports fan. Massive Olympics fan.

And I can guarantee you, if people like this ingrate keep it up, I will never watch their event ever again. I already cut out the NBA, really cut down on the NFL, really cut down on the NHL, and I will cut all of it out if they keep their activist Marxism up.

I watch sport to get away from the lunacy, not having shoved in my face.

Old 07-02-2021, 07:34 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
Has anyone tested her urine?

Old 07-02-2021, 08:07 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
I'm changing my tune on this disgrace. Before I was thinking that she has a Right to protest just as we have the Right to ignore her but now I'm thinking she should not be allowed to represent America a country she clearly does not like.

She is not competing for Team USA but she is clearly on Team BLM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies