Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 12:21 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,348,212 times

Advertisements

Brandon Tensley wrote a wonderful perspective on how conservatives have become obsessed with an academic study: critical race theory.

This obsession, in his opinion (and I agree), is a symptom of White Panic. White, Christian conservatives are witnessing an increasingly diverse nation that threatens the White, Christian status quo. To be clear, one doesn’t need to be White or Christian to subscribe to the ideology. But by and large, the vast majority who experience White Panic are themselves White and Christian.

In response to this threat, conservatives are abandoning the national conversations that matter to Americans today. Instead of focusing on repairing the economy, renewing our infrastructure, ensuring Americans are healthy and prepared for the pandemics down the road, conservatives have started a media campaign to position CRT as their defining issue. One simply has to look at the number of CRT discussions in conservative media (including this website). Conservatives are using CRT to define an ethno-nationalist agenda to keep this a White, Christian majority country, or at least that is the implied promise if you vote for them.

But America will not be a White, Christian majority country. The demographics are clear. The sooner White, Christian conservatives can accept this, the sooner our country can work together on issues that are truly important to the average American: the economy, healthcare, education debt, infrastructure, the pandemic.

Link to the article: https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/08/polit...ter/index.html

Old 07-08-2021, 12:24 PM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Ah yes, white Christians are clearly what’s wrong with America.
Quote:
(CNN) At least 233 people were killed and 618 people were injured by gun violence in more than 500 shootings across the country during the Fourth of July weekend.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/05/us/us...end/index.html

Old 07-08-2021, 12:29 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,418,644 times
This is true, and as a former member of the white Christian evangelical population, I can see that it’s tearing many churches apart right now.

There are many people in this movement who have abandoned doctrinal principles to hitch themselves to Trump and that’s why many still refuse to see Trump as anything other than some type of messianic hero. To them Trump was the only candidate that was communicating he would fight to keep America a white Christian conservative country.

But there are other members of this community who can clearly see how absurdly hypocritical this is considering Trump is the opposite of many qualities Jesus taught.

And so those two factions are fighting for control over the governing bodies of these churches. The SBC just had a battle over this and a Trumpist pastor fully aligned with fighting for those political goals barely lost the presidency to another pastor who campaigned on restoring Biblical principles to the leadership messaging. A small victory for reason in this community but it’s a start.

Old 07-08-2021, 12:33 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,348,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
This is true, and as a former member of the white Christian evangelical population, I can see that it’s tearing many churches apart right now.

There are many people in this movement who have abandoned doctrinal principles to hitch themselves to Trump and that’s why many still refuse to see Trump as anything other than some type of messianic hero. To them Trump was the only candidate that was communicating he would fight to keep America a white Christian conservative country.

But there are other members of this community who can clearly see how absurdly hypocritical this is considering Trump is the opposite of many qualities Jesus taught. And so those two factions are fighting for control over the governing bodies of these churches. The SBC just had a battle over this and the Trumpist barely lost the presidency to another pastor who campaigned on restoring biblical principles to the leadership messaging. A small victory for reason in this community but it’s a start.
This is so very true. I have traveled to many advanced and industrialized countries, and nowhere do I see a more aggressively political group of Christians than the evangelicals in the US.

Old 07-08-2021, 12:36 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,170,163 times
I wonder if the OP damaged his keyboard salivating all over this prospect? I'm sure a few others would to. But we are the racist ones?

Old 07-08-2021, 12:36 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,295,551 times
It's going to turn into a progressive cesspool until it collapses, mostly from the entitlement mentality that will have half the population sucking from the government instead of working, or we get invaded by a superior army, such as China, and then the cycle starts anew. A natural life cycle of empires as they go through periods of growth and decay if you study history. People think this time it's different because of our technology, we shall see. Most working middle class haven't really noticed just how many people around them are already section 8 government dependents, driving up real estate and rent prices while contributing little to society. This will only fuel the continued shortages of everything.

Old 07-08-2021, 12:37 PM

20,346 posts, read 19,937,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
...... The demographics are clear. The sooner White, Christian conservatives can accept this, the sooner our country can work together on issues that are truly important to the average American: the economy, healthcare, education debt, infrastructure, the pandemic.
Sounds fantastic!

The devil's in the details and I look forward to seeing what they are to make this happen

I don't care if we become a black majority, Islamic country if they can make everyone achieve their dreams and provide for the freedoms we currently enjoy via the Bill of Rights.

Old 07-08-2021, 12:39 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,298,736 times
Nothing triggers the right wing more than demographic displacement.

Old 07-08-2021, 12:39 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,085,641 times
Quote:
This is so very true. I have traveled to many advanced and industrialized countries, and nowhere do I see a more aggressively political group of Christians than the evangelicals in the US.
Guy that lived next to me for some time was the penultimate example of this. White, partner in a Big Four accounting firm, and disciple of the "Church of God" i think they called themselves.

It was nothing more than the KKK in business suits. VERY frightening. They recruited young children for a social thing in order to indoctrinate them into their ways. Is there a worse or more disgusting group, even among the community of evangelicals?

Old 07-08-2021, 12:41 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
Brandon Tensley wrote a wonderful perspective on how conservatives have become obsessed with an academic study: critical race theory.

This obsession, in his opinion (and I agree), is a symptom of White Panic. White, Christian conservatives are witnessing an increasingly diverse nation that threatens the White, Christian status quo. To be clear, one doesn’t need to be White or Christian to subscribe to the ideology. But by and large, the vast majority who experience White Panic are themselves White and Christian.

In response to this threat, conservatives are abandoning the national conversations that matter to Americans today. Instead of focusing on repairing the economy, renewing our infrastructure, ensuring Americans are healthy and prepared for the pandemics down the road, conservatives have started a media campaign to position CRT as their defining issue. One simply has to look at the number of CRT discussions in conservative media (including this website). Conservatives are using CRT to define an ethno-nationalist agenda to keep this a White, Christian majority country, or at least that is the implied promise if you vote for them.

But America will not be a White, Christian majority country. The demographics are clear. The sooner White, Christian conservatives can accept this, the sooner our country can work together on issues that are truly important to the average American: the economy, healthcare, education debt, infrastructure, the pandemic.

Link to the article: https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/08/polit...ter/index.html
Mayor Lightfoot agrees.

How many black folk killed each other yesterday in her city?

----------------

The only people obsessed and deranged are white liberals denigrating their own people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies