Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 12:43 PM

6,751 posts, read 3,371,581 times

Advertisements

I don't know of any white people in a panic over race. That is leftist liberal hyperbole meant to further divide the country.

As statistics go, 60% of the U.S. is white, 18% Hispanic, 12% black, and 5% Asian. Not all whites are Christian, but many blacks, Hispanics, and Asians are, so you can toss out white Christian nonsense.

People, and not just whites, are against Critical Race Theory because it's divisive garbage meant to pit people against each other. If you really want to solve the problems here, stop blaming whitey for everything and promoting your ridiculous theoretical baloney.

You can start with having some leadership that is more than a vegetable in an empty suit and a liberal left-wing that is anti-American. Many people of all colors and creeds still have American values, but all the left sees is racism, oppression, and divisiveness.

Old 07-08-2021, 12:43 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Right on cue.

Your pathetic assessment completely ignores the fact that the right didn’t make CRT a core tenet of their party platform 10 years ago. Who did that? Who tried to indoctrinate children with the ideology? Who acted like it was never happening and it wouldn’t be happening? Who then admitted it was happening and they actually already have a defense fund in place?

Quote:
How can you tell if you’re projecting?
When your fears or insecurities are provoked, it’s natural to occasionally begin projecting. If you think you might be projecting, the first step is to step away from the conflict. Time away will allow your defensiveness to fade so that you can think about the situation rationally. Then you can 1) Describe the conflict in objective terms 2) Describe the actions that you took and the assumptions you made and 3) Describe the actions the other person took and the assumptions they made in order. These questions can help you explore whether and why you may have been projecting.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/projection

Whenever you’d like to come back to reality we’ll be here.
Attached Thumbnails
America will not be a White, Christian majority country-e4b286c3-8be2-4fd1-8115-57b03c5c297f.jpeg  

Old 07-08-2021, 12:44 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,392,354 times
So if you're against being labeled as a born racist because your skin color, that makes you a racist.

There's a word for that kind of TRAP.....

Old 07-08-2021, 12:44 PM

6,751 posts, read 3,371,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Nothing triggers the right wing more than demographic displacement.
And nothing triggers the left like being proven wrong.

Old 07-08-2021, 12:45 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,817,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
This is so very true. I have traveled to many advanced and industrialized countries, and nowhere do I see a more aggressively political group of Christians than the evangelicals in the US.
They are the direct cause of most of the issues were dealing with today and are the reason there can be no compromise and no progress on any issue. We can't even legalize weed federally for crying out loud despite 70% support because the evangelicals are against it. Among voters, that issue is bipartisan, but politicians can't support it and risk upsetting the Christians.

I also want to say that race only matters in this discussion because of the way white evangelicals have tied together their religion and politics in a way that other ethnicities and sects of Christianity have not.

Old 07-08-2021, 12:46 PM

19,809 posts, read 9,371,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Brandon Tensley wrote a wonderful perspective on how conservatives have become obsessed with an academic study: critical race theory.

This obsession, in his opinion (and I agree), is a symptom of White Panic. White, Christian conservatives are witnessing an increasingly diverse nation that threatens the White, Christian status quo. To be clear, one doesn’t need to be White or Christian to subscribe to the ideology. But by and large, the vast majority who experience White Panic are themselves White and Christian.

In response to this threat, conservatives are abandoning the national conversations that matter to Americans today. Instead of focusing on repairing the economy, renewing our infrastructure, ensuring Americans are healthy and prepared for the pandemics down the road, conservatives have started a media campaign to position CRT as their defining issue. One simply has to look at the number of CRT discussions in conservative media (including this website). Conservatives are using CRT to define an ethno-nationalist agenda to keep this a White, Christian majority country, or at least that is the implied promise if you vote for them.

But America will not be a White, Christian majority country. The demographics are clear. The sooner White, Christian conservatives can accept this, the sooner our country can work together on issues that are truly important to the average American: the economy, healthcare, education debt, infrastructure, the pandemic.

Link to the article: https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/08/polit...ter/index.html
Of course, this will not be a white Christian nation for much longer. Anyone with enough curiosity to research this knows that. I also agree that there are MANY major issues and problems -- those you listed as well as others.

However, I disagree that CRT is of minor importance compared to many other issues ANYTHING that promotes hatred and disunity is a bad thing and until Americans can view each other as fellow citizens, with one race not being any better or worse than any other race, this country will continue to be divided.

And you are also looking at the major reason (or at least one of the major reasons why so many of us are against CRT, and that is because it promotes the idea that blacks need extra help to learn or they are incapable of learning or they should not be "forced" learn traditional basic writing skills and math -- or at least not be held to the same standards -- that most blacks of previous generations have learned with very little problem. That blacks need extra help is a VERY racist attitude, in my opinion, because imo, it strongly implies that whites are superior to blacks when it comes to the ability, while also teaching white children to be ashamed of their skin color, ancestry, and history.

And, yes, I do agree that U.S. history regarding the treatment of blacks and indigenous people is absolutely horrible and should NOT be hidden, but Critical Race Theory is NOT the answer to ending injustice. In my opinion, it will just create more injustice for whites and blacks.

Old 07-08-2021, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
I don't know of any white people in a panic over race. That is leftist liberal hyperbole meant to further divide the country.
The panic is not over race specifically, but over a changing culture. I think the left gets this wrong and it hurts the secular cause. Race is important, as I've said, but only because of the tie between white "born again" faith and the Republican Party.

White evangelicals are in a panic that their culture is no longer the status quo for the country and that because of demographic change, they will no longer have the numbers to enforce their version of morality through the democratic process. THAT is why white evangelicals support the 1/6 insurrection and it's why they've turned sour on democracy.

Old 07-08-2021, 12:52 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,527 times
The left thinks people care way more about race than they actually do. It's all race race race. They even make law and order into a race thing. People don't like crime. Is that so hard to believe??? People don't like their kids to think of everything in racial terms. Go figure. It's really that simple. No need for these wild conspiracy theories about 'white panic.'

Just today on my news feed a story came up about a woman being cruel to someone's dog. Except it was a 'white' woman and an 'Asian' man's dog. Who CARES about their race? Now animal cruelty is about race? It's the media that is race obsessed. It's like a mental illness with them: Obsessive Race Disorder.

Old 07-08-2021, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
The left thinks people care way more about race than they actually do. It's all race race race. They even make law and order into a race thing. People don't like crime. Is that so hard to believe??? People don't like their kids to think of everything in racial terms. Go figure. It's really that simple. No need for these wild conspiracy theories about 'white panic.'
The issue is culture, not race, and I think a big problem with the liberal narrative is that they tend to overlook this.

"White evangelical" is a specific culture. A person doesn't have to be white to conform to it. I think "born again" evangelical is a better descriptive term, but even that isn't perfect because it includes the black church which is similar in theology but doesn't subscribe to Christian nationalism in the way white evangelicals do.

On the flipside, I'd say Republicans hate white liberals the most of all and that's in fact a huge component of the anti-academia push on the right.

Old 07-08-2021, 01:00 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,416,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifttheveilnow View Post
Yes it will. Here's a little piece of advice for the "left"; next time you attempt to demonize and essentially subjugate a demographic, you need to wait until they're still not the overwhelming plurality, if not majority. The attempts to lump all minorities, racially and otherwise, together is an effort to negate this, yet reality always overrides delusion, and that reality is that the vitriol between said minorities isn't going anywhere. In other words, when poked in their own cave, the bear will eradicate the nuisance, even if it takes some time for it to awake from its hibernation.

Enjoy the next couple decades.
Perfect example of the OP’s point. Never posted before but was so triggered by the OP’s post that you felt the need to assert he was wrong, and that you will be striving to maintain America as a white Christian conservative country by any means necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies