Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 06:19 PM

1,731 posts, read 1,068,447 times

Advertisements

Yeah!?

Old 07-08-2021, 06:19 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,643,864 times
To those of you who are salivating over the imminent displacement of American white Christians, I'd like to ask you this: can you think of any time in history when any particular demographic was displaced by others, and this group just sat there quietly and took it, without complaint? Didn't think so. So why does it surprise you when some of us who are in the process of being displaced -- and being increasingly demonized along the way -- aren't too thrilled about it?

Old 07-08-2021, 06:20 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,348,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasrollingstone View Post
I haven't heard the term "White Panic" but that perfectly describes MAGA which really equates to Make America White Again. There is a fear that the America of past decades is going away, the blue collar jobs that sustained middle class America for decades are going away as America shifts to a service orientated economy. The loss of blue collar jobs is real, but there is also an abundance of opportunity to prosper in this country, the same opportunity is available to all races.

With this situation it makes it extremely easy to stoke the fears of white Americans and blame all of the problems on brown skinned people for political gain, thus the American populism movement began.
Panic is a wonderful term. It describes an irrational, exaggerated behavior that most of us understand. And the subject of the panic is often imaginary, contrived, and/or distorted. Such is the case with White Panic.

We have important national issues to address, but for conservative provocateurs, they really want to make CRT an identity crisis to radicalize the susceptible. They promise a demographic future that is inconsistent with reality, if you would only vote for them.

Just look at the comments here about building a separate nation surrounded by walls to keep out non-Christians and the predictions/advocacy for war. These comments illustrate precisely what Brandon Tensley explains in his perspective.

Old 07-08-2021, 06:20 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,289,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Nothing triggers the right wing more than demographic displacement.
This country has experienced demographic displacement since its founding so what you are saying is stupid.

Old 07-08-2021, 06:23 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,311,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
CRT is racism. Racism is bad.
And this pretty much summed it up in 6 words.

I really thought the "enlightened and nonracist" among us were supposed to be teaching our friends and children that we were all created equal and there was no "brain difference" among skin colors.

Content of their character, and not the color of their skin. And such.

maybe I was wrong.

Old 07-08-2021, 06:27 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,311,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It will be a white Christian majority country in my lifetime.

But truthfully, I don’t care what the racial makeup of this country is. It’s all the same to me.
and yet, if you were well-intentioned enough to read, you would see that "White Christian" is already not a majority, as you clearly typed.

But you do you.

Old 07-08-2021, 06:27 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,433,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Brandon Tensley wrote a wonderful perspective on how conservatives have become obsessed with an academic study: critical race theory.

This obsession, in his opinion (and I agree), is a symptom of White Panic. White, Christian conservatives are witnessing an increasingly diverse nation that threatens the White, Christian status quo. To be clear, one doesn’t need to be White or Christian to subscribe to the ideology. But by and large, the vast majority who experience White Panic are themselves White and Christian.

In response to this threat, conservatives are abandoning the national conversations that matter to Americans today. Instead of focusing on repairing the economy, renewing our infrastructure, ensuring Americans are healthy and prepared for the pandemics down the road, conservatives have started a media campaign to position CRT as their defining issue. One simply has to look at the number of CRT discussions in conservative media (including this website). Conservatives are using CRT to define an ethno-nationalist agenda to keep this a White, Christian majority country, or at least that is the implied promise if you vote for them.

But America will not be a White, Christian majority country. The demographics are clear. The sooner White, Christian conservatives can accept this, the sooner our country can work together on issues that are truly important to the average American: the economy, healthcare, education debt, infrastructure, the pandemic.

When you listen to all the elimination rhetoric, maybe a little fear is justified.

Old 07-08-2021, 06:29 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,433,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Nothing triggers the right wing more than demographic displacement.
And nothing arouses the left more.

Old 07-08-2021, 06:30 PM

64 posts, read 47,380 times
critical race theory ie blaming the woes of every single minority on the United States government. Thank God parents are waking up to this lie infested, racist, poisonous propaganda. It has even been banned in Oklahoma!

Old 07-08-2021, 06:31 PM

31,081 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Guy that lived next to me for some time was the penultimate example of this. White, partner in a Big Four accounting firm, and disciple of the "Church of God" i think they called themselves.

It was nothing more than the KKK in business suits. VERY frightening. They recruited young children for a social thing in order to indoctrinate them into their ways. Is there a worse or more disgusting group, even among the community of evangelicals?
"Is there a worse or more disgusting group" I would agree there's nothing more disgusting than a Democrat KKK Recruiter or Segregationist like Biden.

I wonder how many KKK people Robert Byrd Recruited that were involved in Lynchings?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwJmg-_vVyg

As far as Evangelicals go there's hundreds of Gay Affirming Evangelicals out there. Guess you hate them since you seem to throw Christians all in the same group. Here's a long list of them:

https://www.gaychurch.org/find_a_chu...-state/?loc=CA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies