Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 03:39 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,704,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldglory View Post
i wonder if the op damaged his keyboard salivating all over this prospect? I'm sure a few others would to. But we are the racist ones?

we ??

Old 07-08-2021, 03:40 PM

43,128 posts, read 18,290,317 times
At 76% of the population I don't think Whites are fearing extinction just yet.

Old 07-08-2021, 03:52 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,902,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
This obsession, in his opinion (and I agree), is a symptom of White Panic. White, Christian conservatives are witnessing an increasingly diverse nation that threatens the White, Christian status quo.

What "Christian status quo"? Another religion dominates media, entertainment, Big Tech, the Ivy League, finance, academia, and law. They have for some time. And they guard their turf jealously.

Old 07-08-2021, 03:58 PM

52,285 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifttheveilnow View Post
Not sure where you live or what you experience, but a failure to recognize the reality of what's occurring doesn't negate it.

If you're White and value your culture and way of life, wake up. Now.
I'm keening aware of what is going on, precisely why I made my comments about people being manipulated. If people stand back and become aware, they'll see it.

Meanwhile people are too busy arguing about nonsense, which is what they want. The racial division is used to keep people in power and others in fear meanwhile the big corporations get to plunder and pillage as they get richer and richer while they keep us distracted from the increasing class and wealth gaps with the faux racial narratives that the elites are creating and pushing on everyone.

The media dutifully does their bidding for them.

Old 07-08-2021, 04:04 PM

27,656 posts, read 16,142,781 times
More racism from neoProg leftists. No fear, our hispanic cousins are Christain conservatives at heart. Oh, and white people arent going away anytime soon, so get the genocide dreams outta your head. CRT is racism. Racism is bad. Of course pubs are taking a stand.

Old 07-08-2021, 04:04 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Brandon Tensley wrote a wonderful perspective on how conservatives have become obsessed with an academic study: critical race theory.

This obsession, in his opinion (and I agree), is a symptom of White Panic. White, Christian conservatives are witnessing an increasingly diverse nation that threatens the White, Christian status quo. To be clear, one doesn’t need to be White or Christian to subscribe to the ideology. But by and large, the vast majority who experience White Panic are themselves White and Christian.

In response to this threat, conservatives are abandoning the national conversations that matter to Americans today. Instead of focusing on repairing the economy, renewing our infrastructure, ensuring Americans are healthy and prepared for the pandemics down the road, conservatives have started a media campaign to position CRT as their defining issue. One simply has to look at the number of CRT discussions in conservative media (including this website). Conservatives are using CRT to define an ethno-nationalist agenda to keep this a White, Christian majority country, or at least that is the implied promise if you vote for them.

But America will not be a White, Christian majority country. The demographics are clear. The sooner White, Christian conservatives can accept this, the sooner our country can work together on issues that are truly important to the average American: the economy, healthcare, education debt, infrastructure, the pandemic.

Link to the article: https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/08/polit...ter/index.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Ah yes, white Christians are clearly what’s wrong with America.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/05/us/us...end/index.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
This is true, and as a former member of the white Christian evangelical population, I can see that it’s tearing many churches apart right now.

There are many people in this movement who have abandoned doctrinal principles to hitch themselves to Trump and that’s why many still refuse to see Trump as anything other than some type of messianic hero. To them Trump was the only candidate that was communicating he would fight to keep America a white Christian conservative country.

But there are other members of this community who can clearly see how absurdly hypocritical this is considering Trump is the opposite of many qualities Jesus taught.

And so those two factions are fighting for control over the governing bodies of these churches. The SBC just had a battle over this and a Trumpist pastor fully aligned with fighting for those political goals barely lost the presidency to another pastor who campaigned on restoring Biblical principles to the leadership messaging. A small victory for reason in this community but it’s a start.
Quote:
This is so very true. I have traveled to many advanced and industrialized countries, and nowhere do I see a more aggressively political group of Christians than the evangelicals in the US.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Guy that lived next to me for some time was the penultimate example of this. White, partner in a Big Four accounting firm, and disciple of the "Church of God" i think they called themselves.

It was nothing more than the KKK in business suits. VERY frightening. They recruited young children for a social thing in order to indoctrinate them into their ways. Is there a worse or more disgusting group, even among the community of evangelicals?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
They are the direct cause of most of the issues were dealing with today and are the reason there can be no compromise and no progress on any issue. We can't even legalize weed federally for crying out loud despite 70% support because the evangelicals are against it. Among voters, that issue is bipartisan, but politicians can't support it and risk upsetting the Christians.

I also want to say that race only matters in this discussion because of the way white evangelicals have tied together their religion and politics in a way that other ethnicities and sects of Christianity have not.

Another day, another projection circle-jerk fueled by a wishful, need-based perception of reality.

Leftist/SJW are irrelevant if people of different races, religions, sexes, sexual orientation and ability are just fine living in a society that doesn't judge its members based on the circumstances of his or her birth, the religious convictions they adopt in life or the abilities they have or don't have.

In contrast, my relevancy in a future non-white, non-Christian dominated society will continue to be based on having a purpose in life and pursuing that purpose until my days are done.

Old 07-08-2021, 04:07 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Part of America will be. Decent Christians will have their own country and there will be a wall built to keep the riff raft out. We will be better off with less land.

Old 07-08-2021, 04:08 PM

27,656 posts, read 16,142,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
we ??
Yea, the 'we' the op was railing against. Got it?

Old 07-08-2021, 04:11 PM

30,379 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
Brandon Tensley wrote a wonderful perspective on how conservatives have become obsessed with an academic study: critical race theory.

This obsession, in his opinion (and I agree), is a symptom of White Panic. White, Christian conservatives are witnessing an increasingly diverse nation that threatens the White, Christian status quo. To be clear, one doesn’t need to be White or Christian to subscribe to the ideology. But by and large, the vast majority who experience White Panic are themselves White and Christian.

In response to this threat, conservatives are abandoning the national conversations that matter to Americans today. Instead of focusing on repairing the economy, renewing our infrastructure, ensuring Americans are healthy and prepared for the pandemics down the road, conservatives have started a media campaign to position CRT as their defining issue. One simply has to look at the number of CRT discussions in conservative media (including this website). Conservatives are using CRT to define an ethno-nationalist agenda to keep this a White, Christian majority country, or at least that is the implied promise if you vote for them.

But America will not be a White, Christian majority country. The demographics are clear. The sooner White, Christian conservatives can accept this, the sooner our country can work together on issues that are truly important to the average American: the economy, healthcare, education debt, infrastructure, the pandemic.

Link to the article: https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/08/polit...ter/index.html
Okay, I accept it but I still don't want the Democrats teaching our kids to be violent racists or run up a massive debt to eventually bankrupt the nation.

Old 07-08-2021, 04:26 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,817,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Part of America will be. Decent Christians will have their own country and there will be a wall built to keep the riff raft out. We will be better off with less land.
At least you admit that this is what the real end-game is for the Republican Party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies