Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 07:21 PM

25,580 posts, read 17,298,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
America will not be a White, Christian majority country
No one cares. The Left is all full of fanciful ideas that white people MUST be concerned, but we ain't.
We white people don't care one bit.

Old 07-08-2021, 07:27 PM

724 posts, read 404,124 times
I agree. I am a White Christian and to see so many White Evangelicals fawning over Trump was literally sick and disgusting. It tarnished the image of the church and was pure evil and an embarrassment. Lots of black evangelicals acted the same too.

Old 07-08-2021, 07:37 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,392,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarHero45 View Post
The thing is: A good portion of Hispanics are White or White-leaning and Bi-Racial Black/White people mixing with White people will just produce more White people in the long run(See: Halsey and Meghan Markle's child.)

And the Black population is stagnant and Asian immigration outside of India and Pakistan has slowed down over the years.

The whole hysteria that America won't be majority White that both Leftists and White Nationalists alike seem to be obsessed with(albeit for different reasons) is pure fantasy.

Now, the Christian argument is slightly different because Blacks and Hispanics have a higher percentage of devout Christians than Whites on average and stats have shown this. In fact, a Pew Research report showed a report that a higher % of Black people agreed with bakeries not baking cakes for Gay/Lesbian weddings for religious reasons than White people.

Young White people are pretty damn secular. Maybe not as secular as their European counterparts but getting there. Hell, my girlfriend(White) considers herself a Christian and she regularly drinks, smokes pot, curses, etc. But she's still close with her church and knows the Bible so there's that.

All and all, this whole "demographic change" in the USA is pure hysteria. It started to get purported a lot back in the late 2000's/early 2010's when illegal immigration was a hotter topic than it was today and Arizona passed the controversial SB 1070 law. But the data seems to suggest that America will remain majority White, especially when more White Hispanics get accepted as regular White people and Bi-Racials start to marry into the White community more.
Do you realize how ridiculous you sound?

Do you have a skin color chart of acceptance or something?

Old 07-08-2021, 07:45 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,378,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
The violence you advocate/predict is utterly detached from what Americans experience. We are celebrating the reopening of our nation after a terrible pandemic. We are moving forward with a new administration and people are optimistic.
You may be optimistic, but people in general are extremely pessimistic. The government is destroying wealth and the means of production of wealth at a staggering rate. The government is destroying the future.

Old 07-08-2021, 07:51 PM

1,153 posts, read 631,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Do you realize how ridiculous you sound?

Do you have a skin color chart of acceptance or something?

Sooo....if I sound so ridiculous, how about you point out the statements I've made that you disagree with or find to be ridiculous and refute them.

If someone told me Minnesota is a Southern state(an actual ridiculous statement), I can refute it blindfolded with no effort.

Try doing that if you disagree with whatever I say.

Old 07-08-2021, 08:00 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
and yet, if you were well-intentioned enough to read, you would see that "White Christian" is already not a majority, as you clearly typed.

But you do you.
Nonsense. They are the majority.

That said, if we’re talking about REAL Christians who actually live it, then you’re right. That’s probably no more than 2%-3% of all white Americans. And I’m probably overestimating THAT number by 50%.

Old 07-08-2021, 08:01 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,392,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarHero45 View Post
Sooo....if I sound so ridiculous, how about you point out the statements I've made that you disagree with or find to be ridiculous and refute them.

If someone told me Minnesota is a Southern state(an actual ridiculous statement), I can refute it blindfolded with no effort.

Try doing that if you disagree with whatever I say.
Your post was premised on skin color; stopped reading there.

The racist P R O J E C T I O N from the sinister side is....creepy.

Old 07-08-2021, 08:05 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,817,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
They need dragons to slay. If they can't find any, they'll create them out of thin air.
I'd say a dragon that wants to overthrow democracy and replace it with a fascist theocracy is a dragon that any patriot should want to slay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
This guy thinks Islam is a bastion of Liberalism, and there are no Homophobes among the Black population
When radical Islam owns half the country's politicians or the black church tries to take political power with the purpose of making homosexuality a crime, then we'll talk.

Old 07-08-2021, 08:06 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,297,448 times
Results from the latest survey by PRRI:

White Evangelicals have gone from 37% of the Republican Party in 2006 to 29% currently.

White Evangelicals make up 22% of those over 65 but only 7% of those between 18 and 29.

The median age for White Evangelicals is 56, making it the oldest of the religious groupings surveyed.

Quote:
The religious makeup of Democrats generally resembles that of younger Americans
ages 18–29, who are 27% white Christian, 26% Christian of color, 7% another religion, and 36% unaffiliated, and ages 30–49, who are 40% white Christian, 32% Christian of color, 4% another religion, and 23% unaffiliated. The Republican breakdown is more akin to groups of Americans over age 65, who are 59% white Christian, 20% Christian of color, 4% another religion, and 14% unaffiliated. Notably, no age group is as white and Christian as Republicans.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...lical-america/

https://www.prri.org/research/2020-c...ican-religion/

Old 07-08-2021, 08:12 PM

1,153 posts, read 631,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Your post was premised on skin color; stopped reading there.

The racist P R O J E C T I O N from the the sinister side is....creepy.
The OP's precise post from the start intended to spark discussion and debate from inception.

He linked to a post that directly tries to shame Conservatives for being against CRT.

In response, I brought up a compelling argument against the whole notion that America is no longer going to be majority White anytime soon and how Leftists and David Duke types just use that as hysteria for their respective causes.

I also brought up how, if Christianity dies down in the U.S., it would more than likely be a result of the new generation of White kids abandoning Christianity just like in many parts of Western Europe, as opposed to a Latin American influx.

My post served its purpose in presenting an argument against Brandon Tensley's(who wrote the CNN article) obsession with America being demographically changed and no longer majority White/Christian.

I had no other purpose but to make Brandon Tensley look like a moron by countering one of his main arguments. It's not me that's "premised on skin color"(wrong context of the word but that's besides the point). It's the guy who wrote the article in the 1st place which this whole topic is centering around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies