Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 04:31 PM

6,759 posts, read 3,030,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Part of America will be. Decent Christians will have their own country and there will be a wall built to keep the riff raft out. We will be better off with less land.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
At least you admit that this is what the real end-game is for the Republican Party.

It's not their endgame, it's the result of the Left's endgame.

And not for nothing, but it won't just be the Christians in there. It will be the rich elites including dems and pubs. It will be Elysium.

Old 07-08-2021, 04:32 PM

25,866 posts, read 16,579,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
At least you admit that this is what the real end-game is for the Republican Party.
I don’t speak for the Republican Party. I just see this happening. People will act when they fear for their children and their way of life and it won’t be pretty. My advice would be a peaceful separation.

Old 07-08-2021, 04:36 PM

43,336 posts, read 18,466,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post

But America will not be a White, Christian majority country. The demographics are clear. The sooner White, Christian conservatives can accept this, the sooner our country can work together on issues that are truly important to the average American: the economy, healthcare, education debt, infrastructure, the pandemic.

Link to the article: https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/08/polit...ter/index.html
You are right. it will be a Brown Christian majority as Hispanics become the majority in America.

Old 07-08-2021, 04:37 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,276,978 times
It will be a white Christian majority country in my lifetime.

But truthfully, I don’t care what the racial makeup of this country is. It’s all the same to me.

Old 07-08-2021, 04:48 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,369,752 times
Here's a link to a somewhat different point of view from. (of all sources), Microsoft "News"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...1ma?ocid=msnew

Admittedly, I live in a 95% white, 90% Protestant, 60% German-surnamed community (pop 1800); but most of us have spent a considerable time away for college, military service, etc. -- or work in the "new workplace" where everyone is a minority by one standard or another, or hold jobs which keep us on the road at least part of the time. I'm only 16 miles away from the textbook example of Hazleton, PA and a steady succession of distribution warehouses lining Interstate Route 81, replacing the coal mines of two generations ago with retirement communities.

To summarize, most of us are well aware of what's going on out there, and with the uncommon instance of the occasional (pay attention, Mr bawac) Bible-thumper, we are not much concerned about it.

When I was younger, more mobile and less settled, I used to spend most of my vacations "riding the dog" -- traveling on an unlimited use Greyhound pass; just as a reminder that the real world is a lot different from my little enclave; (and a whole lotta other little enclaves). From what I see at this site every day, a lot of our sheltered Snowflakes could benefit from a similar exposure.

For it is the young, and the "woke" young in particular, who seem to be perpetually in search of a secure echo chamber; I doubt they'll ever find it.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 07-08-2021 at 06:02 PM..

Old 07-08-2021, 04:55 PM

33,323 posts, read 12,618,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Part of America will be. Decent Christians will have their own country and there will be a wall built to keep the riff raft out. We will be better off with less land.
Oh, the irony.

Old 07-08-2021, 04:58 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,838,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Oh, the irony.
It's ironic that the group that constantly calls everyone else snowflakes demands their own country with a wall because they are too sensitive to share a society with people who believe different from them.

Old 07-08-2021, 05:04 PM

11,987 posts, read 5,315,466 times
It’s increasingly difficult here to discern whether a poster is being honest, trolling or they’re really a foreign agent spreading disinformation.

Old 07-08-2021, 05:10 PM

1,153 posts, read 633,972 times
The thing is: A good portion of Hispanics are White or White-leaning and Bi-Racial Black/White people mixing with White people will just produce more White people in the long run(See: Halsey and Meghan Markle's child.)

And the Black population is stagnant and Asian immigration outside of India and Pakistan has slowed down over the years.

The whole hysteria that America won't be majority White that both Leftists and White Nationalists alike seem to be obsessed with(albeit for different reasons) is pure fantasy.

Now, the Christian argument is slightly different because Blacks and Hispanics have a higher percentage of devout Christians than Whites on average and stats have shown this. In fact, a Pew Research report showed a report that a higher % of Black people agreed with bakeries not baking cakes for Gay/Lesbian weddings for religious reasons than White people.

Young White people are pretty damn secular. Maybe not as secular as their European counterparts but getting there. Hell, my girlfriend(White) considers herself a Christian and she regularly drinks, smokes pot, curses, etc. But she's still close with her church and knows the Bible so there's that.

All and all, this whole "demographic change" in the USA is pure hysteria. It started to get purported a lot back in the late 2000's/early 2010's when illegal immigration was a hotter topic than it was today and Arizona passed the controversial SB 1070 law. But the data seems to suggest that America will remain majority White, especially when more White Hispanics get accepted as regular White people and Bi-Racials start to marry into the White community more.

Old 07-08-2021, 05:18 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,524,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Brandon Tensley wrote a wonderful perspective on how conservatives have become obsessed with an academic study: critical race theory.

This obsession, in his opinion (and I agree), is a symptom of White Panic. White, Christian conservatives are witnessing an increasingly diverse nation that threatens the White, Christian status quo. To be clear, one doesn’t need to be White or Christian to subscribe to the ideology. But by and large, the vast majority who experience White Panic are themselves White and Christian.

In response to this threat, conservatives are abandoning the national conversations that matter to Americans today. Instead of focusing on repairing the economy, renewing our infrastructure, ensuring Americans are healthy and prepared for the pandemics down the road, conservatives have started a media campaign to position CRT as their defining issue. One simply has to look at the number of CRT discussions in conservative media (including this website). Conservatives are using CRT to define an ethno-nationalist agenda to keep this a White, Christian majority country, or at least that is the implied promise if you vote for them.

But America will not be a White, Christian majority country. The demographics are clear. The sooner White, Christian conservatives can accept this, the sooner our country can work together on issues that are truly important to the average American: the economy, healthcare, education debt, infrastructure, the pandemic.

Link to the article: https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/08/polit...ter/index.html
Tensley is part of CNN's Race Deconstructed team, so sure, he'd attribute concern about and opposition to CRT to White Panic and Fear, especially among White Conservative Republican Christians {the enemy}.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies