Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2021, 09:15 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,188,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 47 View Post
Lets see whats wrong; No proof of citizenship, residence or ID required,
Multiple votes for minorites encouraged.
Polls opening days earlier
Absentee ballots handed out like Halloween candy.
Polling volunteers taking ballots because "the machine is broken."
Unchecked electioneering.
Voter intimidation.
and the BIG one "mail in ballots"

No fraud ? Explain to me how can many districts count up to 125% of their population having voted for Obama in BOTH presidential elections without any mention of obvious fraud ?

Coming soon to a gulag near you, "ranked choice voting".
Some see a spontaneous unarmed protest as an "insurrection". I've seen Cub Scouts better organized.
Just wait until the shooting starts. Sooner or later it's gonna happen.
God, what has the world come to, encouraging Americans to vote. So bad. Well, the Republicans know the only way they can win is to suppress the vote. Based on your paranoid diatribe here, you agree and feel making voting easy is a bad thing. FYI, mail in voting has been with us since the civil war--even your leader Trump votes by mail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2021, 10:46 AM

41,967 posts, read 75,229,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I think the first president to suggest using nukes on the American people is a bigger threat.
Got a direct quote on that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Mail every registered voter a ballot and have them send then back or deliver it to the Board of Elections.
I don't think we should be mailing ballots to every voters; only those who request one. Mail everyone an application for a ballot? Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Also, people have the entire day off to vote.
Do you? I sure don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 47 View Post
Lets see whats wrong; No proof of citizenship, residence or ID required, Required upon registration
Multiple votes for minorites encouraged. ?????
Polls opening days earlier Standard, long-time procedure in some states; what's your problem with it?
Absentee ballots handed out like Halloween candy. How do you figure that? My state didn't "hand out" ballots; we had to apply for them.
Polling volunteers taking ballots because "the machine is broken."Having a drop-off box in every voting place isn't a bad idea, although that would require additional polling volunteers and a lot more drop boxes
Unchecked electioneering. ?????
Voter intimidation.?????
and the BIG one "mail in ballots" Mail in ballots work just fine in the states that use them. What's your beef?
Response to your post in red.
Quote:
Just wait until the shooting starts. Sooner or later it's gonna happen.
Another right-wing wet dream.

Old 07-19-2021, 11:13 AM

29,505 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

Do you? I sure don't.

:
I do. I thought it was a Federal thing, guess it's per state. And each one is different.

https://www.workplacefairness.org/vo...-time-off-work

Old 07-19-2021, 11:24 AM

41,967 posts, read 75,229,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I do. I thought it was a Federal thing, guess it's per state. And each one is different.
Election Day is not a state holiday in Pennsylvania. It would be nice if it was a Federal holiday, but then again the people who wouldn't get the day off anyway - emergency services workers, medical workers - are the ones with the killer schedules that may prevent them from getting to the polls even if they did have the day off.

Multiple-day in-person voting and mail-in voting make more sense and don't tick off employers who don't want to give their employees another day off. There are logistics considerations with each one, of course, but if the goal is to encourage voting, they may be a better choice than a day off.

Old 07-19-2021, 11:27 AM

16,093 posts, read 10,762,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Wait…Didn’t Biden just finish saying that “white supremacy” is the biggest threat to Democracy? Which is it?
The GOP, as it exists now, is the greatest threat to democracy in America. Take the GOP plus the right-wing extremist domestic terrorists and you have a recipe for the eventual all-out assault on democracy. Both have to be destroyed.

Old 07-19-2021, 11:32 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,922,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Remember when the Democrat sales pitch for Biden a year ago was that he would unite America, calm things down, and help the middle class afford stuff like gas, housing and groceries?

Hilarious.
He’s a joke, he insults regular citizens because he doesn’t like their questions “ dog faced pony soldier “ challenges them to a push up contests etc… he was never planning to unite people.

Old 07-19-2021, 11:43 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,922,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
The GOP, as it exists now, is the greatest threat to democracy in America. Take the GOP plus the right-wing extremist domestic terrorists and you have a recipe for the eventual all-out assault on democracy. Both have to be destroyed.
Your description sounds more like the Democrats then republicans. Don’t forget how the Democratic governors and mayors allowed major cities to be burned and looted, telling the police to stand down, yet you call the right domestic terrorist

Old 07-19-2021, 11:49 AM

9,141 posts, read 5,807,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
The election ballot has become harder and longer to fill out.
It creates longer lines on election day.
With fewer polling location's and stupid laws about water and food on line, the GOP is trying to keep people from voting.
The GOP is afraid of the voters.

Mail every registered voter a ballot and have them send then back or deliver it to the Board of Elections.
Whether they still live in the state or if they're even alive at all. Brilliant!

Old 07-19-2021, 11:55 AM

2,953 posts, read 994,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
And this is exactly how I feel about the Marxist democrat party. How can you be so blind to Big Brother finally coming to life and totally out of the closet in the form of government and big tech monitoring and censorship of our private conversations? You wouldn't know democracy if it bit you on the a$$. You ok with destruction of the first amendment in the name of "public safety"? If so then you're part of a Marxist revolution that is the enemy of this country. Yes ... I want to not be part of the same country as people like them and you. Let's find a way for an amicable divorce because what you stand for is decidedly NOT American.

Old 07-19-2021, 12:25 PM

29,505 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Election Day is not a state holiday in Pennsylvania. It would be nice if it was a Federal holiday, but then again the people who wouldn't get the day off anyway - emergency services workers, medical workers - are the ones with the killer schedules that may prevent them from getting to the polls even if they did have the day off.

Multiple-day in-person voting and mail-in voting make more sense and don't tick off employers who don't want to give their employees another day off. There are logistics considerations with each one, of course, but if the goal is to encourage voting, they may be a better choice than a day off.
Why ? Why now ? There were no issues like this when our great grandparents, grand parents, and parents had to vote, they just voted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies