Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2021, 07:21 AM

7,385 posts, read 3,539,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
So many have died who took proper precautions prior to vaccines being available.

Many of these people died because of individuals like that politician, so many are right in feeling good that such a person had experienced consequences for his actions.
That is your opinion where is the proof that people died because of a politician?

Did you know that life is dynamic and not just black and white? Did you know that people wake up in the morning with choices and they can choose to be healthy or unhealthy? Also there’s a thing called genetics I don’t think politicians are responsible for genetics either

So if we are going to blame individual people for other people dying please offer proof.

Here’s a good example Of how ridiculous this is: Because Julia Roberts went public with how great masks are 50,000 people lived

Sounds kind of ridiculous doesn’t it?

Old 08-07-2021, 07:24 AM

7,639 posts, read 8,715,152 times
X was anti A.
X died of B.
Y claimed that B could prevent A.
Therefore, Y was right and B could prevent A.

Fallacious argument.

Old 08-07-2021, 07:26 AM

2,941 posts, read 1,787,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Recent statistics state that 99.8% of all deaths and hospitalizations in this country are coming from unvaccinated people. So why are we shutting down the country for vaccinated people? Everyone in this country has had their shot at getting the free covid vaccine, if you haven't gotten it yet and you get sick, tough! Let's move on people. No more shut downs, the vaccine is available. Make your choice!
Who is shutting down anything? I was in ocean city NJ on Monday with 1000's of other people, packed almost shoulder to shoulder, no masks seen anywhere... all hotels packed, all restaurants packed.

Same in North Carolina, on the main land and in the outer banks.

Same in SC, GA and FL.. all this week.

Where are you seeing things SHUT DOWN? There is NO SHUT DOWN ANYWHERE.

As far as the topic of this post..

Oh well, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.. isn't this guy like the 5000th anti masker to die of covid? Keep it up anti maskers, anti vaxxers, you'll just keep dying... if you had the chance to get the vaccine and didn't and are now sick or dead, good job at being an idiot.

Old 08-07-2021, 07:28 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,310,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
It is certainly being threatened ...
Where are these shutdowns being threatened? What are they threatening to shut down?

Old 08-07-2021, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Where are these shutdowns being threatened? What is shutting down?
There is no threat, there is no shut down. I just traveled the entire East coast for the last 4 weeks, from the Florida keys to Mass, people are out in record numbers, no masks, and everything is open.

Old 08-07-2021, 07:29 AM

7,242 posts, read 4,555,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Recent statistics state that 99.8% of all deaths and hospitalizations in this country are coming from unvaccinated people. So why are we shutting down the country for vaccinated people? Everyone in this country has had their shot at getting the free covid vaccine, if you haven't gotten it yet and you get sick, tough! Let's move on people. No more shut downs, the vaccine is available. Make your choice!
No one is shutting down the country for unvaccinated people

They are concerned because

1. Vaccinations were supposed to stop the spread.
2. Vaccinations do not stop the spread.
3. The virus is able to replicate.
4. A constantly replicating virus will mutate
5. Mutation leads to varients
6. Variants leads to covid immunity to the vaccination

Please people get this through your head.

The danger is 100% from the vaccinated.

Old 08-07-2021, 07:33 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
No one is shutting down the country for unvaccinated people

They are concerned because

1. Vaccinations were supposed to stop the spread.
2. Vaccinations do not stop the spread.
3. The virus is able to replicate.
4. A constantly replicating virus will mutate
5. Mutation leads to varients
6. Variants leads to covid immunity to the vaccination

Please people get this through your head.

The danger is 100% from the vaccinated.
We're not ending up in ICUs.

We're not as easily infected, so we don't give the virus as much shelter to mutate.

Old 08-07-2021, 07:33 AM

6,389 posts, read 2,715,560 times
Quote:
I believe this is the third thread on this topic but I know it’s very hard to resist posting it because it gives some people a slobbering sense of satisfaction knowing that not only someone who was a Republican died but also died from Covid and it just is so satisfying because he was anti-masks and we all know that masks are the Ultimate in protection and feeling good about yourself
It is like some people have a need to get some perverse joy over someone dying. Who cares about any of his family. Many of these people feel it's "One less Republican..Good Riddance..Now if the rest of them would just die".

We don't know how he caught it. For all, we know he caught it from an illegal that came across the border. We don't know if he wouldn't have gotten COVID if he had one of the vaccines, we don't know if he would have survived if he got one of the vaccines. The ones pushing the vaccine will say "But..But..But..statistics...". Yes but there are still people ending up in the hospital and dying that were vaccinated.

These people don't get that it isn't just Republicans who are against masks and don't have the COVID vaccine, but the Democrats who feel that way. But are we ever going to hear about a Democrat who didn't get vaccinated and ended up dying? Likely not because that doesn't fit their agenda.

And seriously are we ever going to see a story about "A Republican Anit-Masker Anti-Vaxxer got COVID and survived"?

Old 08-07-2021, 07:34 AM

7,385 posts, read 3,539,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Where are these shutdowns being threatened? What are they threatening to shut down?
I don’t know go to a search engine, Click on the news link and search for the keyword “shutdown vaccination” And Peruse many of the articles that will come up

The governor of my own state has personally said that all options are on the table.

Old 08-07-2021, 07:35 AM

Quote:
I don’t know go to a search engine, Click on the news link and search for the keyword “shutdown vaccination” And Peruse many of the articles that will come up

The governor of my own state has personally said that all options are on the table.
first result:

"Covid-19 Vaccine Sites Start to Shut Down - WSJ"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies