Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2021, 05:07 PM

7,242 posts, read 4,555,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Which is why he should have been vaccinated.
In his case.. yes, I kind of think he should have. I will give you guys that. But he chose to die... I will give him the dignity of his choice.

Quote:
What a bunch of BS, do people pay you for these gems? I have read a lot of ignorant posts but this one takes the cake. A non-sequitur to begin with, it also contains factual errors and displays a lack of understanding of science and evolution.
When you have no facts or science you go with insults. I have science on my side.

Old 08-07-2021, 05:25 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I see so many on these threads say that it's a 99 point whatever percent survival rate. But when it's your child, parent, spouse, sibling, friend, etc., doesn't matter what the percentage is. It's YOUR loved one and if they are hospitalized, suffering or dying, it's 100% devastating. I am so sorry for what you are going through.
Thank you. I pray he goes through it. Waiting in silence until nurse or Dr calls is like sitting on the beach with no where to go, watching a tidal wave at a distance and not knowing if will reach you or fizzle out.

Old 08-08-2021, 07:59 AM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Thank you. I pray he goes through it. Waiting in silence until nurse or Dr calls is like sitting on the beach with no where to go, watching a tidal wave at a distance and not knowing if will reach you or fizzle out.
Hugs to you.

Old 08-17-2021, 06:49 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,222,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andtheblack View Post
Arch conservative and spreader of misinformation on Covid vaccines, Raymond Cardinal Burke, has contracted the virus and is on a ventilator. I’m detecting a trend here:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ntilator-covid

https://twitter.com/cardinalrlburke/...487285761?s=21
I am vaccinated and promote vaccination but will never celebrate anyone getting a serious case of COVID regardless of whether he or she is vaccinated.

Last edited by CrowGirl; 08-17-2021 at 07:16 PM..

Old 08-17-2021, 06:50 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,660,494 times
Unfortunately happening more with some conservative religious sects against vaccination...taking a much higher unnecessary risk of hospitalization/death...

Old 08-17-2021, 06:51 PM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times
These stories are everywhere. Yet, people ignore them.

Why? It only resonates if a person close to them gets the virus and dies.

That is where we are.

Old 08-17-2021, 06:52 PM

417 posts, read 247,157 times
I find it odd that we only hear about the unvaccinated who end up contracting a bad case of COVID, yet we don't hear anything about the unvaccinated who end up just fine (which happens much more often). Kind of like the media is trying to push an agenda or something............

I was unvaccinated when I got COVID three weeks ago. I developed pneumonia and was given antibiotics to treat the pneumonia ONLY. I turned down and experimental drug to treat COVID symptoms. I did just fine. My story happens more often, but it isn't reported as such.

Old 08-17-2021, 06:56 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,235,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
No one is shutting down the country for unvaccinated people

They are concerned because

1. Vaccinations were supposed to stop the spread.
2. Vaccinations do not stop the spread.
3. The virus is able to replicate.
4. A constantly replicating virus will mutate
5. Mutation leads to varients
6. Variants leads to covid immunity to the vaccination

Please people get this through your head.

The danger is 100% from the vaccinated.
Twisted thinking at it’s finest....

Old 08-17-2021, 07:18 PM

3,320 posts, read 1,820,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Because the unvaccinated are prolonging the pandemic, causing outbreaks/mutations of more dangerous variants, resulting in needless hospitalizations/deaths, and a higher risk to all, even requiring booster shots for the vaccinated at some point in the future.

So far so good though for the vaccines...

https://healthfeedback.org/claimrevi...vailable-data/
Not so fast, Sherlock. That was June.

Here is an excerpt from my last Covid post:

Though vaccines are still doing a good job of reducing serious disease and death, their protection against catching Covid has proven disappointing. A combination of new variants and fading immunity has left those early hopes of 95 per cent protection in shreds.

Some estimates put protection against infection from two vaccines at 50-60 per cent while the NYTimes reported on July 23 that in Israel the Pfizer vax is now estimated at 39%.
So we can leave behind any notion of dividing the world between the safe, clean, vaccinated majority and the scary unvaccinated refuseniks.
And if I was worried about being infected at a gathering I'd much rather that everybody proves negativity at the door than require vaccination papers, wouldn't you?

Old 08-17-2021, 07:51 PM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
Coworkers got the shots but now think it was a waste of time if Covid is still spreading and they have to wear masks again. And not one of them wants to get another booster given they got sick from the other shots.
Word has gotten out that the vaccinated are at least as likely as anyone to get Covid again. But they're also not overly worried about it since nobody is dying from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies