Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2021, 09:39 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times

Advertisements

because, clearly, wanting to know what a corrupt and vile organization blm is, is something only a 'white supremacist' would do...

Quote:
Black Lives Matter, the organization responsible for many of the riots across the country last summer under the guise of racial justice, appears to have sympathizers within the Pentagon who are targeting and tracking online engagement in what they deem white supremacy.

The Pentagon has teamed up with Moonshot CVE, an extremism analysis company with ties to the Obama Foundation, to monitor web searches using key phrases to identify military bases and branches searching for the most “domestic extremist” content.

Moonshot CVE released a report in conjunction with the Anti Defamation League in June that claims the search “the truth about black lives matter,” suggests “that the BLM movement has nefarious motives, and is a disinformation narrative perpetuated by White supremacist groups to weaponize anti-BLM sentiment.”

“While the search phrase appears innocuous, several books include it in their title and allege that the BLM movement is ‘joined with Antifa burning and looting.’ These sources echo White supremacist disinformation narratives alleging that BLM protesters are trying to ‘overthrow the republic’ and ‘harm American citizens in a Marxist coup,’ as a means of delegitimizing it. Multiple videos on YouTube also promote these narratives – in particular the criminalization of BLM – using the identical phrase,” the company explains in its report.
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/07...emacy-1106533/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2021, 10:14 AM

4,903 posts, read 3,364,522 times
1984 is becoming more and more of a reality

Old 07-21-2021, 10:16 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
Of course they're protecting BLM. With all donations going to Democrats (this is public information anyone can find), they're a sacred cash cow.

Old 07-21-2021, 10:21 AM

45,588 posts, read 27,215,643 times
God's judgment ... a parallel is here

Isaiah 19:1-4
1 The oracle concerning Egypt.
Behold, the LORD is riding on a swift cloud and is about to come to Egypt;
The idols of Egypt will tremble at His presence,
And the heart of the Egyptians will melt within them.

2 “So I will incite Egyptians against Egyptians;
And they will each fight against his brother and each against his neighbor,
City against city and kingdom against kingdom.

3 “Then the spirit of the Egyptians will be demoralized within them;
And I will confound their strategy,
So that they will resort to idols and ghosts of the dead
And to mediums and spiritists.

4 “Moreover, I will deliver the Egyptians into the hand of a cruel master,
And a mighty king will rule over them,” declares the Lord GOD of hosts.

Old 07-21-2021, 10:27 AM

21,952 posts, read 9,522,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Of course they're protecting BLM. With all donations going to Democrats (this is public information anyone can find), they're a sacred cash cow.
And you can steal up to $1000 without being prosecuted in California and Illinois. Win win.

Old 07-21-2021, 10:36 AM

8,343 posts, read 2,970,216 times
Racist terrorist organization. F bLm. They need to be terminated.

Old 07-21-2021, 10:47 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,949,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
The founders of BLM are working on defunding BLM... one mansion at a time.

Old 07-21-2021, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
someone needs to put psorry psaki on the hotseat with this one.

'psad psaki, is it your oafish boss's belief that googling 'truth about black lives matter' makes a person one of those horrifically dangerous 'white supremacists' that he can't stop ululating about?'

Old 07-21-2021, 11:08 AM

7,360 posts, read 6,534,071 times
Note that this program supposedly wouldn't apply to civilians, it seems like it would only apply to on-base computers. Aside from the on-base housing issue, it's no different really than an employer monitoring web traffic from their employee's work computers. I don't look at anything "extreme" (on either side of the aisle), but I know where my employer's politics lie, and I know that I'm not 100% in alignment with them. Therefore, if I'm searching anything, I use my phone, or wait till I'm back on my own internet.

For soldiers living on-base, it might be an issue, I don't know how base housing internet is setup, if it truly goes through DoD systems or if it's separate.

Old 07-21-2021, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Note that this program supposedly wouldn't apply to civilians, it seems like it would only apply to on-base computers.
i'm not seeing that anywhere. nothing saying this was confined to military or government.

https://moonshotteam.com/wp-content/...ot-and-ADL.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies