Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2021, 04:12 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,400,287 times

Advertisements

Meanwhile, the MADNESS in Australia manifests....

Do Not Talk To Your Neighbors In Sydney

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFQRjB1yPMo
0:41

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2021, 04:18 AM

30,271 posts, read 11,905,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Look at the breakdown from the CDC on deaths

5% died of covid only
95% had pre-existing conditions and also had covid
80% of that 90% were overweight/obese

you go ahead and draw conclusions as to why this virus has serious effects on some and not others.
How many times have I heard that people with high blood pressure are more likely to have a stroke? People who have a heart attack usually have underlying issues like heart disease or blocked arteries. If someone dies of a heart attack or stroke that is what people say was the reason. They don't get all convoluted and say perfectly healthy people do not have heart attacks. So you cannot blame heart attacks for their deaths. The whole point of people eating right and exercising, etc is to avoid disease and illness. Of course covid like any other disease is going to be worse for unhealthy people.

My mom is 91. That leaves her susceptible to all sorts of things a younger person would easily survive.

Life expectancy dropped 1.5 years in 2020. That alone shows covid shortened many peoples lives. It did not just kill people who were about to die anyways. Look I am not worried. I am a proactive person. I am vaccinated. It seems those thinking about covid 24/7 are the anti vaxx people who seem to be grasping for straws looking for anything to justify their decision.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 07-23-2021 at 04:42 AM..

Old 07-23-2021, 04:20 AM

7,482 posts, read 3,614,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post

People like this need to be publicly denounced and rejected. She should not be in any position of power.

Unfortunately the liberals don't see eye to eye on this opinion

Old 07-23-2021, 06:10 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,799,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Tell that to the parents who have lost kids under 12 because of covid. Covid seems to affect everyone differently. Some are in the hospital for months and have long term effects. Some have minor issues and survive it. What you should understand it that we have no idea why this virus affects some so severely and not others. And this goes for kids as well. We just don't know
Kids are at greater risk from flu than covid. Do people get this hysterical each year about flu? No, they don’t.

We actually know a lot about how this virus impacts kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
100 is more than we should have but it's actually a higher number than that. You obviously don't have kids nor do you care about them getting this. It's very hard for parents. They want their kids to go to school but they also want them to be safe.
I have kids and I understand the risk of covid for them. I’m way more concerned about their social, emotional and mental health than covid because the risk covid poses is minimal, smaller than the risk of flu. The risk the restrictions, isolation, masking, etc. is much higher.

Old 07-23-2021, 06:18 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,803,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post

OMG that woman in insane. God help Australia. If she really believes what she says, SHE should go home immediately and hide under her bed, rather than yammering on camera with a whole production crew and government staff. There is a guy standing right behind her with a useless paper mask, for crying out loud.

Old 07-23-2021, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Kids are at greater risk from flu than covid. Do people get this hysterical each year about flu? No, they don’t.

We actually know a lot about how this virus impacts kids.

I have kids and I understand the risk of covid for them. I’m way more concerned about their social, emotional and mental health than covid because the risk covid poses is minimal, smaller than the risk of flu. The risk the restrictions, isolation, masking, etc. is much higher.

I also care that my kids aren't going to live in a paranoid germaphobic biosecurity state getting mRNA injections every year. That's where we are headed.

Old 07-23-2021, 06:23 AM

3,097 posts, read 1,565,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
How many times have I heard that people with high blood pressure are more likely to have a stroke? People who have a heart attack usually have underlying issues like heart disease or blocked arteries. If someone dies of a heart attack or stroke that is what people say was the reason. They don't get all convoluted and say perfectly healthy people do not have heart attacks. So you cannot blame heart attacks for their deaths. The whole point of people eating right and exercising, etc is to avoid disease and illness. Of course covid like any other disease is going to be worse for unhealthy people.

My mom is 91. That leaves her susceptible to all sorts of things a younger person would easily survive.

Life expectancy dropped 1.5 years in 2020. That alone shows covid shortened many peoples lives. It did not just kill people who were about to die anyways. Look I am not worried. I am a proactive person. I am vaccinated. It seems those thinking about covid 24/7 are the anti vaxx people who seem to be grasping for straws looking for anything to justify their decision.
was it that covid shortened lives or was it that the medical profession wasn't treating heart disease and cancer in 2020, and those numbers have been rising.

Old 07-23-2021, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
was it that covid shortened lives or was it that the medical profession wasn't treating heart disease and cancer in 2020, and those numbers have been rising.
Many things shortened life in 2020. For example, in NY they locked us in at precisely the point where the virus was widespread. All the sick people were jam-packed in their apartments where spread was most efficient. Then the nursing home fiascos. Add to that the mistakes made early putting people on vents who didn't need it. Many people were terrified of getting Covid so they didn't seek treatment for strokes and heart attacks...they want to pin all this on the virus, but reality is more complex.

And that nut job from Australia in that video...that type of thing is exactly what prevents people from seeking medical treatment. Her advice will increase deaths. That type of severe isolation makes dementia patients and other elderly people deteriorate faster....a public health disaster in the making.

But they will just call every death a covid death, and use that to justify further bad policies.

Old 07-23-2021, 07:45 AM

472 posts, read 245,238 times
Let's ask the important question of WHY the CDC feels the need to manipulate vaccinated death numbers!?!?

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...sleuths-video/

Old 07-23-2021, 07:48 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,489,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB71 View Post
Let's ask the important question of WHY the CDC feels the need to manipulate vaccinated death numbers!?!?

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...sleuths-video/
It might be an important question if that is actually the case.

Find a better more reliable resource for this claim and it can be discussed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies